Bangkok Airways Samui Residence Card Still 20% ?

I have booked 2 flights with Bankok Airways this week and only received a 10% discount on the fare, not the usual 20%.

I can't get any sense out of the staff at the Bophut office. They just say, 'Yes Sir, you already got your discount".

Anyone know if the discount has changed officially or if it is some sort of error on their part.

I checked the correct fares on the internet, and yes the fare I looked at did include all the taxes and extras.

I tried to book a week ago and was told 20% discount - It still made the return fare to Bangkok just under 8,000 baht , which is just too much , when they are offering flights from Phuket to Bangkok for under 2,000 Baht .

It seems they prefer to encourage tourists to Phuket - Perhaps the Mayor has been on the phone about the potential electric , rubbish , road , drainage problems ++++,which will not be helped by more tourists /

You get 20% off the full fare. Sometimes a lot cheaper getting website fares.

If you book business class then you ALWAYS get the 20%, you also get extra points awarded to your card and your bags are first off,

if you show your resident card to the duty free shop then you get 10% off 1 bottle,

Businees class sounds a bit flash but it will generally work out cheaper than a non discounted economy ticket,

What is this residence card you speak of, and how do I get one?

a Samui resident card is as it sounds. for samui residents which entitles the holder to resident discounts.

to the best of my knowledge its only issued twice a year, march and sept, costs about 600 baht (or there abouts)

you need to be able to show either, contract of employment / workpermit and proof of residence, (house book or rental agreement)

I went to bangkok air office next door to the bangkok samui hospital.

I would imagine that their web site has details

You get 20% off the full fare. Sometimes a lot cheaper getting website fares.

this is true. but before u get 10 points even on promotion flights ( which are now more expensive) but now u only get 5 points.

and 10 point with normal fairs.

also if u have 250 points then u can upgrade to a gold card though is that 250 un used points or 250 used or un used within a year.

also the women seem to be more fitter. air asia the women are proper souy mkk mkk. they only employ the fitties. i might book a few round trips whilst i am waitng for the rain to blow over. imiagine sitting up in the sky with fit airline hostesss waitng for it all to blow over. emmmmmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...

This residence card is an absolute scam. I was originally told I would get 20% off all fares. After spending weeks jumping over hoops, and providing all kinds of paperwork, and then paying the fee, I finally got my card. After trying to book a flight, I was told that it only applied to the highest published fare. So, what good is this card? Just another example of the disrespect that this airline shows to it's frequent flyers. You would think they would see this as an opportunity to give their regular flyers a break on pricing. Not so. This airline is a good airline, no doubt about it. But, their pricing borders on extortion, especially when it comes to the Samui monopoly. Shame on the Thai government, and the TAT, for allowing this foolish robbery to continue. Samui desperately needs either a second airport, free from the monopolistic greed of BA, or the govt. needs to buy out their stake, and do the right thing, by allowing competitive travel in and out of the island. To allow things to continue is ludicrous. A round trip to Bangkok, from Samui is now $258. It is a 700 KM round trip. I can fly from 7,000 KM. in the US, for the same amount! Who is fooling whom?

This residence card is an absolute scam. I was originally told I would get 20% off all fares. After spending weeks jumping over hoops, and providing all kinds of paperwork, and then paying the fee, I finally got my card. After trying to book a flight, I was told that it only applied to the highest published fare. So, what good is this card? Just another example of the disrespect that this airline shows to it's frequent flyers. You would think they would see this as an opportunity to give their regular flyers a break on pricing. Not so. This airline is a good airline, no doubt about it. But, their pricing borders on extortion, especially when it comes to the Samui monopoly. Shame on the Thai government, and the TAT, for allowing this foolish robbery to continue. Samui desperately needs either a second airport, free from the monopolistic greed of BA, or the govt. needs to buy out their stake, and do the right thing, by allowing competitive travel in and out of the island. To allow things to continue is ludicrous. A round trip to Bangkok, from Samui is now $258. It is a 700 KM round trip. I can fly from 7,000 KM. in the US, for the same amount! Who is fooling whom?

Its bloody annoying. Bangkok airways are at end of a lot grievance - deservedly given the price distortion between bkk-usm and bkk-(other destinations), but THEY [alone] invested, they will win out. Its easier to down them but Air Asia, Nok Air, Thai aiways budget - none - i repeat none (despite rumours) - have invested and setup an airport in Samui - why? Risk/Profitability may provide an indication, a more cynical might argument polictical forces but that can be overcome with baht (relate to first example). Before you slate TAT, government, had BA not invested originally (=risk) you probably wouldnt have a bar/resturant/guesthouse/dive-shop/tour-op now.

you can still get a flyer bonus card with out getting a resident card. get points when u fly. save up enough get a free flight. like the lottery u have to have a ticket to win it.

i know it seems like a scam but if u fly 5 or10 times then u realised u could have got one of those flights for free had u applied for a card 1 year ago. then u might be a little pissed

free flight still sets you back 900 baht. but it is a good idea, you get essentially one in every 14 flights free (when you bake in tax), 11/10 without.. Also 30kg luggage beyond the 20kg, and you can move even the cheapest 3360 baht fare with FB status for 1.6k (if you are desperate - turn up late - shockingly even the next day - think super hangover and shock at not having to rebuy full ticket -etc.. - very flexible). You can apply for a flyerbonus now and claim past 6 month of flights too (only problem remembering when/what etc..). Try that with AirA, dont forget your sandwich and coffee,,

Edited by beerian

free flight still sets you back 900 baht. but it is a good idea, you get essentially one in every 14 flights free (when you bake in tax), 11/10 without.. Also 30kg luggage beyond the 20kg, and you can move even the cheapest 3360 baht fare with FB status for 1.6k (if you are desperate - turn up late - shockingly even the next day - think super hangover and shock at not having to rebuy full ticket -etc.. - very flexible). You can apply for a flyerbonus now and claim past 6 month of flights too (only problem remembering when/what etc..). Try that with AirA, dont forget your sandwich and coffee,,

yes BBK airways has its Pluss and minuses. at least when u fly from bangkok to any other airport u can use there departure lounge which samui pays for.

also with the changing of the tickets defiantly a plus.

like everything all coes down to money. saying that i have had to pay more with airasia at times with extra charges than BBK airways