Honda Optional Extras

sketcher

I purchased a new Honda city, not top model but next one down and paid for a couple of optional extras, the one in question is the folding electric wing mirrors. These were fitted at the Honda dealership before I took ownership of the car. At its first service I asked them to re-glue the 'leather' bit on the inside of all door panels as they were not stuck down properly. When I picked the car up everything was done and no problems, but when I got home and tried to close the electric mirrors they would not. Back at the showroom they said they could fix it but would need a new 'switch' which would cost me about 700 Baht. I questioned if I should actually have to pay as 1) It worked perfectly before they removed the panel to fix the other problem and 2) the car is only 7 months old and surely that should be covered by warranty. Apparently as it was an extra the warranty does not cover it (Even though it was a Honda part fitted by a Honda technician before the car was purchased) Has anyone else heard anything else like this?

Hello and welcome to Thailand!

A few days ago I ordered some items, a colour sample was provided by myself. I went to collect and they were all the wrong colour. I politely explained this and asked what we can do, I speak Thai by the way, I received a stream of abuse in Thai, and told to "<deleted> off ferang".

I never speak impolitely by the way, this is normal here. And I tell you the truth, after 16 years of this BS and now the terrible exchange rates, meaning not much cash either, I feel it's about time I moved on. It's anything but foreigner friendly here.