Renewal Of Retirement Visa

Hi

I am due to renew my retirement Visa in April. Some people say that the money has to be in my bank account for three months. And then some other people say that it only has to be in my bank account for two months... Can anyone tell me which is the correct version.

thank you

The rule is two months for the FIRST extension of stay based on retirement, and three months for all subsequent extensions.

Do you also know when we must get the letter from the bank? I have to renew mine next week in Hua Hin and don't know if I have to go to the bank that morning or not. Thanks.

The rule is two months for the FIRST extension of stay based on retirement, and three months for all subsequent extensions.

Do you also know when we must get the letter from the bank? I have to renew mine next week in Hua Hin and don't know if I have to go to the bank that morning or not. Thanks.

Many immigration offices want to see the letter dated the same day you attend immigration. You may need to order the letter in advance of picking it up, depending on your bank.

To apply for a twelve month extension for retirement the 800,000 has to be in the bank 2 months the first time and 3 months thereafter.

Assuming that you are relying solely on the balance in your Thai bank to verify your financial resources.

If you also have a letter fromy your embassy certifying some income from pension or other source, then the amount in the bank can be somewhat less than B800,000, depending on how much you receive per month in retirement income, and there is no 3 month or 2 month requirement regarding your bank balance.

Many immigration offices want to see the letter dated the same day you attend immigration. You may need to order the letter in advance of picking it up, depending on your bank.

I have to give 1 weeks notice to my bank (Kasikorn) in Nang Rong to get a letter for immigration.

Edited by mxyzptlk

I suspect you do not have a choice of banks? First time my Bangkok Bank required an overnight wait for receipt from Hqs and we knew no better. Next time we insisted it be done by manager as was his duty to do so. Any branch manager can sign the paperwork so it should be available in less than an hour - but they might have to use previous day as date or put hold on account for current day as they always have amount as the end of day balance.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please give me the specifics of renewing my Retirement Visa. I can get the bank letter to verify 800,000 baht in the bank, I know I will have to fill out a form as well as probably get a medical and also the customary copies of Passport etc. but do I need to renew my Non Imm type O visa at the same time and if yes, how do I go about that.

Can someone please give me the specifics of renewing my Retirement Visa. I can get the bank letter to verify 800,000 baht in the bank, I know I will have to fill out a form as well as probably get a medical and also the customary copies of Passport etc. but do I need to renew my Non Imm type O visa at the same time and if yes, how do I go about that.

You mean you want an extension based on retirement.

No new O visa needed (assuming you haven't overstayed your current permission to stay).

No medical report needed for extensions.

Typically, apply for your extension about 30 days before the expiration of your current permission to stay.

You don't renew your visa. You renew you permission to stay in Thailand. Jingthing is spot on.

You will need the bank letter confirming the money in the bank AND an updated bankbook showing the money. Make sure they are in sync and not older than 1 day.

Next to the copies you might want to bring evidence of your address, a rental contract or utility bill in your name should do. Also bring a passport photo.

No need for medical.