How Can A Farang Marry A Thai Girl Who Is Pregnant With His Child?

TyGrr

How can a farang marry a Thai girl who is pregnant with his child?

Assuming there is no consent from the parents.

The girl in question is 18.

I have been told that they might be able to go to court if there is a certification from the doctor that she is in fact pregnant. Does anyone know more about this, how it works and how long it would take? Thanks.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I should have put this info in the post from the start, The parents are trying to locate her so they will be able to take the girl, abort the baby and send her back to "work". The girl clearly does not like this option and can only stop the parents and police from tracking her down if she is married. She ran away just after she turned 17 because she had been "working" since she was just 16. The parents, wanting more money have paid off the police to find her, she is in hiding but does not want to be for the next 1.5 years until she is 20. We really can't think of any thing for her to do, clearly the police are no help and the lawyers seem to not want to get involved. They always talk about traditional culture.

Is anyone aware how to get the courts permission to marry if she is pregnant or is this not realistic? thanks

I guess I should have put this info in the post from the start, The parents are trying to locate her so they will be able to take the girl, abort the baby and send her back to "work". The girl clearly does not like this option and can only stop the parents and police from tracking her down if she is married. She ran away just after she turned 17 because she had been "working" since she was just 16. The parents, wanting more money have paid off the police to find her, she is in hiding but does not want to be for the next 1.5 years until she is 20. We really can't think of any thing for her to do, clearly the police are no help and the lawyers seem to not want to get involved. They always talk about traditional culture.

Is anyone aware how to get the courts permission to marry if she is pregnant or is this not realistic? thanks

Then how about hiding until the child is born?

If by 'Working' you mean the young woman in question is working as a prostitute then you need to get a grip of three things:

• You are not the only customer who can 'Make Babies'
  • Blood is thicker than water
  • Reality

If her family are leaning on her to provide money (regardless of how she earns it) then you need to understand that the only difference after you get married is going to be the change in her parents 'Business Plan'.

That's not to say you can't get a good relationship with a girl from 'this end of the market' but of all the happily married Farang/Thai couples I know each and everyone has the solid support of their Thai in-laws and non are being bled dry by money grubbing wasters.

I'd say you need to step back and have a real cold hard look at the mess you are getting yourself into.

Just move to some other part of the country, have the baby and hang out till she's 20. Time will fly by and your relationship can only improve no? There's no way that the local police have an APB type 'warrant' for finding this girl. Despite GH's admonishments on patriarchal responsibilities, it is nice to see the occasional punter stepping up to the plate and accepting them.

To be honest, I can't see where the parents, no matter how evil, are pressuring any daughter 'in the business' to have an abortion on the basis that their alleged revenue stream will be dented. I heard that the young single (and even nursing) mother is quite common around the traps. I heard say that some punters pay extra for it too!

If the girl is the one telling you this story... I would follow GH's lead.

Edited by NanLaew

Don't buy this abortion nonsense.

For a start it's going to be nearly impossible to arrange after the revelations of the past month and secondly, more importantly, a baby....... To be looked after by the Grandmother-to-be.

AKA "A Guaranteed Income Stream".

Take some deep breaths and count to ten - slowly.

OP install 5k baht to mum and dads account every month, and they will stop chaising your girl

and if you want to marry now, offer 100k for their daughter.

Thats how thais do :)

There you go.

Business plans and income streams.

OP install 5k baht to mum and dads account every month, and they will stop chaising your girl

and if you want to marry now, offer 100k for their daughter.

Thats how thais do :)

Now now.... it's common knowledge that Thai's never EVER pay sin sodt for a bar girl... only farang punters have the right to do that.

Wasn't that covered in "Mods 101" btw?

The girl has been away for 1.5 years. The girl does not like the idea of hiding for 1.5 years. She and her man have been together for this time and running. The police have caught up with them before but were able to flee. We suspect the police are looking for him now as the police were paid 200,00 baht to find the location of the man and mess up his visa. I realize the police will be able to track him down so the girl is now alone in hidding. I however doubt that the police would do anything to make it so he can no longer get a visa. I would guess it would take more money than that.

The family will not allow then to be married at any price. The older sister was forced to have an abortion when she was impregnated by her Thai boyfriend this was community knowledge. She ended up marrying a rich farang who built a house and spent all sorts of money. The family is expecting this again. The father is currently the head of the village and this thing has become a very public mess for him and I personally think he can only regain face by taking her. The girl does not want to go back nor does she want money. She has cut off ties from her family for that time as they wont listen to her. She is to the point she would rather kill herself than go back if it came to that. She knows where she will end up and does not want that. They know at this point she will just run away so her options are limited, the type of place she will end up is not where she was before.

So the two of them together are not an option unless they get legally married. So back to the first question, anyone know how to do this? By the way money is not a problem and he will support her in hiding even if he is deported.

Also the story is not from the girl. Everything she knows he knows as well as he as been with her daily for that time.

So if anyone can help with the org question I would be grateful to pass it along.

An 18 year old being pissed off at the family and not willing to wait 18 months (half of which she will be either pregnant or looking after an infant) I can sort of understand. Goes along with the 'would rather kill herself' hysterics... this could be a plot from a prime time Thai television soap, no? Let me guess... the police 'caught up with them before' because they were still in the same province... or living with or near a relative or friend? There's THOUSANDS of places to hide in Thailand... must try harder.

How old is the farang participant in this high-speed tale of woe? The assumption that the police wouldn't have the resources to further 'mess up his visa' suggests he is a bit young and naive. There's all sorts of alleged wrongdoing that they could fabricate to make his permanent exit happen.

OK, the girls father is some sort of puyai bahn so, even if she does manage to obtain some notional paperwork from some sort of lawyer that negates the patriarchal bit of the marriage approval, they will still have to register the marriage at an Amphur somewhere and if the puyai bahn has any smarts, he will have enlisted more than the local BIB to try and find her.

Move, lay low, have the baby, and when she turns 20, and the punter still thinks she's Mrs Right, do the rightful deed. End of drama.

Also at the send the 5k to the parents idea... He was paying 20,000 a month in advance. This was rejected by the parents after a while. She was making more than that working. She is a very attractive girl and in the top 1% in Thailand so I dont doubt it. I have seen her turn Thai mens heads and other farang walk up to her and start talking if she is alone for a second.

Also at the send the 5k to the parents idea... He was paying 20,000 a month in advance. This was rejected by the parents after a while. She was making more than that working.

Well there you go. He was already the lame dupe overpayer and they are holding out for more. End of mystery. This isn't about face saving. It's the perpetual cash cow farang scenario. She was making more than 20k a month doing what now?

She is a very attractive girl and in the top 1% in Thailand so I dont doubt it.

Top 1% what <deleted>???!!!

I have seen her turn Thai mens heads and other farang walk up to her and start talking if she is alone for a second.

Now THIS is hormonal teenager speak at it's best.

This is getting silly. You want the perfect solution for an imperfect situation. It doesn't exist... and actually I am beginning to think the situation doesn't exist either.

I have known a few Thai girls of that 'head turner' description but you would never get near any of them with their britches down without a condom.

That said, and as you said money was not a concern, a Thai citizen of 18 can get a no-questions-asked 6 month visa upon arrival in Bermuda where the legal marriage age is 18... She of course would need a valid passport before exiting Thailand ... 24 hour transit with confirmed ticketing for Bermuda would be allowed in UK without a transit visa for UK

Top 1% don't work as bar whores. Sorry. They'd be swooped up by a rich fellow by now. That's how it works.

If Daddy is the local headman, he doesn't need to milk his daughter's husband. He can get all he wants from public funds.

Maybe, just maybe the parents are trying to do the right thing for their daughter? Maybe this little gem of a lass is a pathological liar. Are you sure the parents sent her to work as a whore? If they have lost face from this incident it just might because the woman has been working the trade. And just how old is the presumed farang sperm donor? This is all too farfetched for me.

From what I understand the family had to pay a large amount of money to be the head of the local area. This was from the new found wealth they got from their first daughter.

Also the girl did not work in the bar for very long as a semi rich fellow did pick her up and has kept her. Some of the men rejected her once they found out she was 16 out of fear.

Also they were hiding very far from the family and the parents but were able to be tracked because of the work permit. The parents first showed up at the work place. Clearly this would just happen again.

Thanks for the Bermuda idea, that is the only post that has been helpful. However as you stated she would need a passport and she can't get that until she is 20. They have thought about the option of leaving the country to a neighboring one and living illegally. This clearly is not ideal.

We all realize that the police could do something so the guy is forced to leave forever. However he as some ties in Thailand. He received higher education here and has a son from a previous marriage. The question really is not can they do it but will they. If this guy who has been in Thailand legally for years is all the sudden kicked out some of his friends will be asking questions. Also from what I understand they will need to go to court before he is deported. His lawyer, also his ex-professor, is ready in case this happens.

I know them both and this is not something made up all of the sudden. He might have paid too much in the first place but then again it still was not what she was sending back from work.

Most of the Thai people who have been told this story when they have been seeking help have also thought it is not as bad as it sounds. I guess that is a fair reaction.

Top 1% don't work as bar whores. Sorry. They'd be swooped up by a rich fellow by now. That's how it works.

If Daddy is the local headman, he doesn't need to milk his daughter's husband. He can get all he wants from public funds.

Maybe, just maybe the parents are trying to do the right thing for their daughter? Maybe this little gem of a lass is a pathological liar. Are you sure the parents sent her to work as a whore? If they have lost face from this incident it just might because the woman has been working the trade. And just how old is the presumed farang sperm donor? This is all too farfetched for me.

Refreshing point of view. Nice one geriatrickid.

She is a very attractive girl and in the top 1% in Thailand so I dont doubt it. I have seen her turn Thai mens heads and other farang walk up to her and start talking if she is alone for a second.

:unsure:

Firstly the " turn Thai Men's heads " i don't believe would happen where a working Girl who has been doing so since she was 16 ( you're own words, not mine ) is concerned..

It doesn't " work " like that here..

& the rest sounds like David Brent.,

The marrying in the neighboring country is something that was thought of however we had just assumed Thailand would not recognize it. Does anyone know if they went to Cambodia get married would Thailand be forced to respect it even if she was not yet 20?

Also for the trolls that think this story is not true and are giving response based on their own personal experiences in Thailand can I please remind you that the point of this thread was to find out information about how one could get married if they are under 20 with out the consent of the parents. Just assume the story is 100% made up if that will help you focus on answering the question at hand. Thanks you for your understanding and kindness.

Also at the send the 5k to the parents idea... He was paying 20,000 a month in advance. This was rejected by the parents after a while. She was making more than that working. She is a very attractive girl and in the top 1% in Thailand so I dont doubt it. I have seen her turn Thai mens heads and other farang walk up to her and start talking if she is alone for a second.

great claim to fame top 1% Thai Hooker,:cheesy:

:cheesy: :cheesy:

why dont they just go and live in Samui or something. DNA test a must, also maybe a hiv for him, since no protection used. if the girl is that much of a looker earning more than 20k per month, does it not bother the guy she will have been with hundreds and hundreds of guys. please dont give me she only did for a month one.

trace whos work permit not hers. headman of issan village does not carry that much weight hundreds and hundreds of miles away. big fish very small pond

I know them both and this is not something made up all of the sudden.

Are you sure this "guy" isn't you? You seem to know a lot of details! Plus, in post 20 you stated:

However he as some ties in Thailand. He received higher education here and has a son from a previous marriage.

Back in September you also stated in another post:

(Also I have lived in Thailand for 6 year, Have a Thai son and graduated from a leading Thai University in a 4 year bachelor program)

Strange coincidence between you and your "friend?" :whistling:

I am pleased you guys are having a laugh with this but really, any helpful ideas would be great.

But we then run into the problem so often encountered on TV - Good advice being that which agrees with the views of the person asking for advice, bad advice being that which disagrees with their views.