Madame Tussauds

beano2274

Due to the low levels of customers Madame Tussauds will now change the admission prices to gain more customers. The new price is 300baht per person for Thais only. Foreigners will still have to pay the 700 baht entrance fee.

It is on their facebook site to read.

A bit of double standards as their GM told everyone through a TV program that their would be no such double pricing, he also suggested he expected 500,000 visitors in the first year, at the moment they are averaging about 500 per day.

They were trying to sell a promotion at paragon a few weeks ago 2 for 1 and the price was 700 baht.

Now it will be cheaper to buy the tickets , I just ask my thai gf to buy them.

Edited by balo

They were trying to sell a promotion at paragon a few weeks ago 2 for 1 and the price was 700 baht.

the best thing is that all those who bought the tickets "buy one get one free" are really feeling

p*ssed off as they bought them for 350 each (700 for two tickets), now the promotion is 300 baht.

Is this manager Thai? The logic being applied to bringing in more people sure is based on Thai logic.. Oh! Let's charge more to tourists and make it known we discriminate so we can bring in more people!! :huh: Sorry I'm not enthused or inspired :annoyed: ..

Does a Thai ID such as a license provide the Thai rate as it does with so many other attractions?

Is this manager Thai? The logic being applied to bringing in more people sure is based on Thai logic.. Oh! Let's charge more to tourists and make it known we discriminate so we can bring in more people!! :huh: Sorry I'm not enthused or inspired :annoyed: ..

Does a Thai ID such as a license provide the Thai rate as it does with so many other attractions?

No the Manager is not Thai, he is called Mr. Paul Williams.

Just google his name and Madame Tussauds.

This promotion will only last until the 26th December, but again I think dependent on the number of visitors.

There is a dummy at the BTS entrance to Paragon. No, not the guy with the torch and a handbag fetish - an example waxwork of some Thai actor. To be honest, it could have been any clothes mannequin from menswear. blink.gif

The waxwork at entrance to Paragon is Thai actor Ken Theradej from channel 3. I was there Monday with Thai friends and they were not impressed as they say he was too "black" their words. They were disappointed and refused to take pictures with him. Oh they were also handing out buy one get one coupons.

the best thing is that all those who bought the tickets "buy one get one free" are really feeling

p*ssed off as they bought them for 350 each (700 for two tickets), now the promotion is 300 baht.

They'd be even more p*ssed off if they bought the tickets in london at a whopping twenty eight quid each !! or ninety nine quid for a family ticket.

700 baht? That sucks. I might go sometime just to have something new to do, but 700 baht seems like a lot.

I used to live within 500m of MTs in London and never tempted to go in. I if you want to see waxy-looking caricatures of people you don't recognise made out of recycled blubber, take a free tour of the bars around Nana... ph34r.gif

...Thai friends ... were not impressed as they say he was too "black" their words.

LOL He probably posed for it in person without his make-up and the benefit of harsh studio lighting.

It always worries me that the skin tone of Thais on TV is so sickly pale (except occasional bad guys and comic simpletons). I refer to them as pee (ghosts) or khohn dtaai (dead person).

Been to the one in London which we enjoyed and also in Hong Kong the problem is the Hong Kong one was full of Asians that we didn't know as someone said earlier might as well have been looking at a lot of shop dummies. Nothing much in there for the average westerner to recognise.

Been to the one in London which we enjoyed and also in Hong Kong the problem is the Hong Kong one was full of Asians that we didn't know as someone said earlier might as well have been looking at a lot of shop dummies. Nothing much in there for the average westerner to recognise.

I had the same experience in Hong Kong. There were plenty of people that I did recognize, and enough to make it fun, but there were a lot of people that I had no clue about!

I am not sure who Louis Tussaud is but he has a similar wax works in Pattaya...Maybe he is a cousin ?

I have never ventured in as the examples outside have little or no resemblance to the movies stars....Brad Pitt is about 6 foot 4 !!!

and Arnie is near 6 foot 7....there is a female wax work that could be Madonna? Mae West? Diana Dors when she was 22 or Edith Piaff after she was dead.....:blink:

I am not sure who Louis Tussaud is but he has a similar wax works in Pattaya...Maybe he is a cousin ?

He was the great-grandson of Madame Tussaud. hat.gif

Cheers ...I should have looked on WiKi pedia as well its a great thing....as is WiKi Leaks.....unless you are an American....wooooops .:o

I notice they have a wax works in Bangalore.....Bollywood stars ??? name one ?

I have never ventured in as the examples outside have little or no resemblance to the movies stars....Brad Pitt is about 6 foot 4 !!!

and Arnie is near 6 foot 7....there is a female wax work that could be Madonna? Mae West? Diana Dors when she was 22 or Edith Piaff after she was dead.....:blink:

Is it the one in the long black dress?

If so it's Angelina Jolie.

Cheers ...I should have looked on WiKi pedia as well its a great thing....as is WiKi Leaks.....unless you are an American....wooooops .:o

Rekha was my favourite

Amitab Bhachan (spl)

Anil Kapoor

MSingh....:D

500 people a day? Hardly a surprise. Bangkok isn't like Singapore or Hong Kong where people are willing to waste that much money on tourist traps. People keep their money for the nightlife.

"People?" I think it would be more accurate to say "men," or even "single men" or "men traveling without their families." :whistling: IMHO, most female travelers and expats don't tend to spend their money primarily on nightlife. I'm doubting that most families would either.

Is it the one in the long black dress?

If so it's Angelina Jolie.

Actually it is the one they have on a park bench outside - there are 2 the same in a Basque (sp) and the other hideous one is Michael Jackson before he was dead... and they have 2 of him as well....and apart from the colour only looks like him because of the clothes...

The " double pricing " exists in Siam Ocean World too until you show a Thai Bank Card or Driving Licence or soemthing along thsoe lines..

Same for Dream World...

Can't see why it would be any different where MT is concerened..

Siam Ocean World is the only place I've been where there is a sign in English stating that discount prices are available for residents.