How Do I Get My Thai Girlfriend Interested In Artistic/Intellectual Things?

BlueEasySleep

Alternate title: Do Thai ladies with artistic/intellectual interests exist?

Don't get me wrong, it's cute/funny that my thai girlfriend only wants to watch Adam Sandler movies and cracks up at all the fart jokes. I do too. But then when I turn on Amelie or offer her a W. Somserset Maugham book to read instead of Twilight, her eyes glaze over and she falls asleep.

Is it possible to get Thai girls interested in things with more depth?

Are there any who have these interests on their own? Where do you meet them?

Not only for thai girls, u can not force anyone to like the same thing u do that they dont.if we could change ppl to like the same things then the world would be more peaceful.

It's not about forcing her to like the same things I like.

It's about guiding her to broader her spectrum to also include things of a greater depth and complexity, and thus possibly of more value (to her).

Picture someone who only knows how to add and subtract, and then when you suggest they try multiplication and division also they fall asleep.

there is no point to do that if she is not interested than she is not interested. just let her decide what she likes. she will never see the value of it if she not interested.

even me I like all kinds of movie , Amelie too and etc.. but i still couldnt make my husband to watch and appreciated in how delightful the chickflick movie with me. :jap:

You can't MAKE people like anything. That goes for males and females. All you can do is expose them to it and hope that it happens. My Canadian daughter tried many things and did quite well at them, but dropped just about everything until she tried computers. Now that is what she does for a living. I was always taking the family into the outdoors. But, my daughter has absolutely no interest in sports or anything about the outdoors. By contrast, my son is artistic and enjoys the outdoors. I'm an angler, but none of my family or family friends had any interest in fishing. I've got friends who are fanatics about professional sports and other friends who wouldn't be caught dead at a sporting event.

You are either going to have to put up with your girl friend's interests... and lack of interest in things you enjoy, or find yourself another gal.

Actually, I think most people understand pretty well. You want an erudite, educated girlfriend. It seems to most that you want to mold your girlfriend into the person you want her to be. If you want an erudite educated gf then maybe you should find a different one. If you love your gf then you will love her the way she is. warts and all. If you can't handle the warts then you have to decide whats a deal breaker.

Certainly, you can expose her to the different things in life and if she finds it of interest, as Ian rightly pointed out, she will take it up. If she doesn't she won't. But you can't make her interested in something just because you are.

Actually, I think most people understand pretty well. You want an erudite, educated girlfriend. It seems to most that you want to mold your girlfriend into the person you want her to be. If you want an erudite educated gf then maybe you should find a different one. If you love your gf then you will love her the way she is. warts and all. If you can't handle the warts then you have to decide whats a deal breaker.

Certainly, you can expose her to the different things in life and if she finds it of interest, as Ian rightly pointed out, she will take it up. If she doesn't she won't. But you can't make her interested in something just because you are.

When people change their partners to be like the ones they thought they wanted it is generally the time the changed partner finds they can do a lot better.

Wise words SBK and I feel the same is true when the genders are reversed. Not that the partners aren't going to give it a good try though.

ok u r so stubbon. very ติ้สแตก in thai mean very artistic type of guys !

my suggestion are

--Try to find a new gf with university degree in something like artistic field than u may find the girl in ur dream.(dont forget to ask them first before continue the relationship or u will have this problem again )

--each female has different interested not only "Thai Females"

-- maybe watch it naked together than it wont bored u or her ? lol or go find the new gf as i said above than u will enjoy and the new girl enjoy too :jap:

I cannot readily tell if the Anais Nin books / diaries have been translated into Thai but they are available in English from AsiaBooks.com -- maybe just your reading them out loud to her would be a good / kinky way to get her interested in great literature ... but then again (as I have been advised) my mind is in the gutter ... that's OK because your TGF's mind is probably there already as well.

Artistic things sound boring and intellectual things seem to be allocated to a small percentage of the population which would make the odds of finding one difficult and doubly difficult to find one with a western boyfriend. Not saying that it is impossible, just the way it looks.

Try to expose her to different things and maybe something will click with her. How about hobbies? Does she have any?

Maybe you just want her to do something and stay away from the television. A Sisyphean task if ever I heard one.

TheWalkingMan

To the OP: It's clear what you need--a farang woman closer to your own age.

If you don't mind me asking, what attracted you to your GF in the first place (aside from physical attributes)? You are obviously not compatible with your GF culturally, intellectually, artistically, and pretty much everything else.

And to keep things on topic and answer your burning questions:

What types of artistic/intellectual things tend to appeal to thai females?

ANS: Nothing that would interest you.

How do you share those types of thing with them without boring them to death?

ANS: See above answer.

I'm 29 and she's 27.

How much closer to my own age do I need?

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about, and so the rest of your post is nullified.

Edited by BlueEasySleep

I'm 29 and she's 27.

Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about, and so the rest of your post is nullified.

I'm pretty sure the chances of turning a non-intellectual person into an intellectual are near zero.

And IF you succeed... what are the chances she will loose her innocent freshness?

well, u might not knwo me from here, however, i also prefer van diesel movies. as a matter of fact, although i am extremely well read, i prefer to watch action movies with my husband. i truely believe in the 'think too much' statement (gives me migraines);

im the well read intellectual. he is the phin player , card player, and has never read a book in his life. but i would never change him iether. if u want to improve your girlfriend, jsut get a new one. by the time she changes, u wont like her anymore.

bina

israel

I'm 29 and she's 27.

Ok, so you two are of comparable age. Which makes it even more perplexing why you would choose to be with a woman who's interest is so vastly different to yours. Or was your OP simply written with the intent of denigrating Thai women, implying that you're just so cultured and intelligent, whereas your girlfriend is not (and by extension, all Thai women). Which leads to my question (in all seriousness): If you believe Thai women to be intellectually inferior and artistically challenged, why would you want to be in a relationship with one?

I'm 29 and she's 27.

Edited by carmine

You may label this a "weak response" too if you wish.

Unless you find a woman who is very young, and very curious about intellectual things you are unlikely to find what you seek. Try too hard and you will only frustrate the relationship.

Thai culture is anti-creative, it is anti-independent. Yes this is a generalization and there are exceptions but the culture teaches conformity and group co-ordination, very unlike the Western view of independent and creative thought.

Any women over age 25, in my opinion, can only be exposed to cultural things, not led like a buffalo with a nose-ring, and most often your creative and intellectual views will be met with a perplexed response.

But here is a productive thought: Take a good TESOL course, add a Master's degree and teach TESOL at University--there the intellectual curious ladies will seek you out.

I think you need to grab your GF and head to OZ. Find the Wizard and ask him to give your GF a brain (actually, I am not sure if your GF needs the brain or you do -- maybe he could give her the brain and you a heart). Just follow the yellow brick road................(and watch out for the Wicked Witch of the North).