WIKILEAKS FOUNDER JULIAN ASSANGE FREED ON BAIL

News_Editor

They have not "gone quiet" :whistling:

Pentagon Spokesman Geoff Morrell would not answer directly when asked if there is evidence to suggest the two men had contact (citing his inability to comment on an ongoing investigation), but said the Justice Department and Pentagon are both still hard at work on the case and it's too early to know. "Any pronouncements about a connection or lack of connection, those that have been found or yet to be found, are just premature at this point," Morrell said during a Pentagon press conference Wednesday. "So I'd urge everybody to proceed with caution on this" http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01/25/pentagon-source-link-wikileaks-suspect-assange/

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the latest update I could find on Assange.

Seems the US govt are struggling to find a charge against him.

http://www.news.com....x-1225995128966

I guess that country that cannot be named on here will have egg on there face and serves them right.

When barely literate savages from that country down under that forgets its friends so quickly is chasing some poor foreigner in a red. white and blue T shirt who only stopped into the pub to have a beer and he trips and you, minding your own business out doing your morning run to the dunny can trip over him and break your arm I might say “serves you right.” But I won't because I am to polite.

This comes as no surprise to me especially as USAG Eric Holder stated some time ago that they were scouring the law books to find a relevant statute to charge him over. Anyway, when Fox News goes quiet over the case......... ;)

It is probably lost on those who think that the USA is the "evil empire" that the USA is actually struggling for a LEGAL way to charge this guy. The USSR never bother with it, they just killed the guy. I haven't reaad anything about China or Iran trying to take anyone to court either.

This comes as no surprise to me especially as USAG Eric Holder stated some time ago that they were scouring the law books to find a relevant statute to charge him over. Anyway, when Fox News goes quiet over the case......... ;)

It is probably lost on those who think that the USA is the "evil empire" that the USA is actually struggling for a LEGAL way to charge this guy. The USSR never bother with it, they just killed the guy. I haven't reaad anything about China or Iran trying to take anyone to court either.

No argument from me that the USA method, the legal way, is obviously the civilised way to deal with this issue. I still believe, as I stated earlier in this thread, that even if the US finds a way to prosecute Assangne for his involvement in the leaked documents, it may not be in America's best interests.

Did you hear his latest threats from his latest interview? He is going to release this and that and sink a major bank and (he he he). The guy is a jerk. To bad wikileaks was not started by someone with a little more stage presence than a spoiled brat.

I don't think the US could back out even if they wanted to. The wheels have started turning.

WASHINGTON (AFP) – WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange on Sunday detailed a plan to release a deluge of secret documents should the whistleblower website be permanently shut down.

He chuckled when asked about possible plans to release information on Bank of America, refusing to confirm or deny them.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/usinternetwikileaksassange

Great to see freedom of information at work. Great to see m,ost governments arent even trying to do anything about it. Disppointing to see a government that people once thought was about freedom trying to curtail it.

Great to see the potantial ris eof democracy across the ME too.

This is really looking like being a good decade for people worldwide and a good wake up call for the degraded democracies we hail from where the only choice is established establishment parties

Pentagon Spokesman Geoff Morrell would not answer directly when asked if there is evidence to suggest the two men had contact (citing his inability to comment on an ongoing investigation), but said the Justice Department and Pentagon are both still hard at work on the case and it's too early to know. "Any pronouncements about a connection or lack of connection, those that have been found or yet to be found, are just premature at this point," Morrell said during a Pentagon press conference Wednesday. "So I'd urge everybody to proceed with caution on this" http://www.foxnews.c...uspect-assange/

In realspeak what that means is....'we are continuing to hold Pte Manning in custody without charge and offer him a plea deal if he agrees to tell us what we want to hear. We will also torture him so that he will eventually sign what we put in front of him. At that stage we will have the evidence to make arrests'.

Pentagon Spokesman Geoff Morrell would not answer directly when asked if there is evidence to suggest the two men had contact (citing his inability to comment on an ongoing investigation), but said the Justice Department and Pentagon are both still hard at work on the case and it's too early to know. "Any pronouncements about a connection or lack of connection, those that have been found or yet to be found, are just premature at this point," Morrell said during a Pentagon press conference Wednesday. "So I'd urge everybody to proceed with caution on this" http://www.foxnews.c...uspect-assange/

In realspeak what that means is....'we are continuing to hold Pte Manning in custody without charge and offer him a plea deal if he agrees to tell us what we want to hear. We will also torture him so that he will eventually sign what we put in front of him. At that stage we will have the evidence to make arrests'.

Wallaby you have to know a bit more about American defense lawyers. They are all decedents of Ned Kelly. They have a genuine adversarial relationship with the government.

You also have to realize the pay scale of defense lawyers relative to Federal Prosecutors. All things being equal if it is a high profile case the defense has the edge. The guy who gets Manning off and embarrasses the government will make a name for himself.

Everyone knows F. Lee Bailey and Jimmy Cochran. No one remembers Marsha whats her name.

The federal government is walking very lightly on this one. They feel foolish enough to have had such bad security systems.

Obama will go down in history as the President who spawned Wikileaks and lost Egypt and wrecked the economy. He is in enough trouble.

They have not "gone quiet"

In "realspeak" it means that they are still investigating. ;)

In realspeak what that means is....'we are continuing to hold Pte Manning in custody without charge and offer him a plea deal if he agrees to tell us what we want to hear.

Maybe someone should tell the Pvt that "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" has been tossed out.

• 4 weeks later...

Breaking news:

Assange Can Be Extradited Over Sex Charges, U.K. Court Rules

Published February 24, 2011

Associated Press

LONDON -- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange can be extradited to Sweden over sex crimes claims, a judge said Thursday. Assange's lawyer said he would appeal against the ruling to the High Court.

Judge Howard Riddle ruled that the allegations of rape and sexual molestation by two women are extraditable offenses and a Swedish warrant was properly issued.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/europe/uk-judge-rules-wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-can-be-extradited/article1918481/

Edited by Ulysses G.

Wallaby you have to know a bit more about American defense lawyers. They are all decedents of Ned Kelly. They have a genuine adversarial relationship with the government.

You also have to realize the pay scale of defense lawyers relative to Federal Prosecutors. All things being equal if it is a high profile case the defense has the edge. The guy who gets Manning off and embarrasses the government will make a name for himself.

Everyone knows F. Lee Bailey and Jimmy Cochran. No one remembers Marsha whats her name.

The federal government is walking very lightly on this one. They feel foolish enough to have had such bad security systems.

Obama will go down in history as the President who spawned Wikileaks and lost Egypt and wrecked the economy. He is in enough trouble.

QUOTE:" No one remembers Marsha whats her name."

I do. Her last name was Clark. :rolleyes:

Breaking news:

Assange Can Be Extradited Over Sex Charges, U.K. Court Rules

Published February 24, 2011

Associated Press

LONDON -- WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange can be extradited to Sweden over sex crimes claims, a judge said Thursday. Assange's lawyer said he would appeal against the ruling to the High Court.

Judge Howard Riddle ruled that the allegations of rape and sexual molestation by two women are extraditable offenses and a Swedish warrant was properly issued.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/europe/uk-judge-rules-wikileaks-founder-julian-assange-can-be-extradited/article1918481/

A truly shameful decision.