Long Flights With Small Kids.

Richb2004v2

One Word: checkedbaggage :ph34r:

suitcase.jpg

+1 :lol:

Best idea yet, l have an horrendous memory of out of order parents that did nothing to control a pain kid. They slept while the kid run a muck round the cabin. :bah:

Should have one of those beam me up scotty gadgets to eliminate kids from flights. :lol:,

PS. keep kids out of business or first class, flyers pay a lot of money for the relaxed atmosphere to arrive fresh for their appointments.

You get a better class of screaming brat in business class, I think all other passengers should be banned from flights Im on heres my list for any of u that fit the category.

1. the guy/gal who decides to stand the entire journey whilst leaning on your head rest in the aisle constantly waking you up

2 the screaming brats running round usually Indian when I fly who treat the plane like a playhouse ( I always wish for bad turbulence)

3 The same Indians who start getting their bags out of the overhead lockers the second the plane has touched down

4 The kickers or the ones who insist on changing channesl on touchscreen tvs with their fist like an elephants when there is also a handset

5 The person with the extremely loud voice ( theres always one) and they are incessant talkers

6 The people who aimlessly walk up and down the aisle only whe the trolley dolleys are trying to get their dinner wagons down

7 Poeple who pi** all over the toilet seat then leave the room like a bombs hit it and the door swinging open where they didnt close it fullly

8 the people who recline their seat right back as you try to eat your food on the tray

ahhhhhhhhhh i could go on but people these days are selfish <deleted>***rs :D

Even in Business which Ive been in many times the problems still arise money makes no difference. Business class main gripe is it aint worth it and the service isnt much better you just get a bit more room.

Thanks for that. Thought l was going to get blasted. But think those who go business are to stay away from screaming kids. :D

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think airlines would get onto this, would it be that hard to work in a small cabin somewhere in the economy class section (perhaps 40 seats) where you can stick all the people with children & they could just simply torment and annoy each other. If there were only 2 or 3 families travelling with children, anyone who isnt me should be placed in a 'lucky dip' to ride inside this section of the aircraft :lol:

Children definately shouldnt be allowed in any cabin coded with the one of the following ;- F, A, P, R, C, J, D, I, Z. ;)

Happy travels Richard, better you than me :D

Thanks for that. Thought l was going to get blasted. But think those who go business are to stay away from screaming kids. :D

We go business most of the time when we fly long haul....with an 8 month old...

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: & are obviously very proud of that fact. Hopefully the fleas of one thousand camels infest your armpits.

quote name='neverdie' timestamp='1292409531' post='4089540']

You think airlines would get onto this, would it be that hard to work in a small cabin somewhere in the economy class section (perhaps 40 seats) where you can stick all the people with children & they could just simply torment and annoy each other. If there were only 2 or 3 families travelling with children, anyone who isnt me should be placed in a 'lucky dip' to ride inside this section of the aircraft :lol:

Children definately shouldnt be allowed in any cabin coded with the one of the following ;- F, A, P, R, C, J, D, I, Z. ;)

Happy travels Richard, better you than me :D

Neverdie it already exists its called "the baggage hold"

:rolleyes: & are obviously very proud of that fact. Hopefully the fleas of one thousand camels infest your armpits.

:cheesy: +1

There's an apparent difference when I travel alone and others travel with kids in business class. MY child is well behaved.:D

There's an apparent difference when I travel alone and others travel with kids in business class. MY child is well behaved.:D

But you didn't know that till you tried and alas most are not, been there done that. :)

Big % of kids have mega problems with the pressurisation process, even adults, adults suffer in silence, kids don't.

But you didn't know that till you tried and alas most are not, been there done that. :)

Big % of kids have mega problems with the pressurisation process, even adults, adults suffer in silence, kids don't.

That's why others who travel with kids should stay the he** away from business class AND the lounge...

I like the idea of stashing the kids in one section of the plane (the back!!), in reality it appears as if they somehow triangulate in order to calculate how to place the little buggers in a way that they will piss off the largest number of passengers. Sod's law dictates that YOU will be placed in the exact acoustic middle of this triangle.

On the experience of far more flights than I really wanted to take I can't say there have been many occasions when children have bothered me or disturbed my peace during the flight - OK the odd child crying with ear ache during take off and landing - but on the London-BKK-London route this only serves to almost drown out the sound of grown men fighting back their own tears.

When it comes to offensive, or even dangerous behaviour on flights - It's not children - It's adults, almost always male and invariably drunk.

I will be running them around the airport before the flight to try to tire them out. One problem is that the 2 1/2 hour taxi journey to the airport well certainly sent them to sleep before we even get there. I think I would feel very guilty with a crying child in business class. Anyway we fly on Friday night so I will soon see.

Edited by metisdead
Off topic comments removed.

As often happens, Guesthouse chimes in with some common sense. :coffee1:

May be common sense but it seems a fair few others here are not so happy with peoples behaviour on planes, ive seen many a 4-8 yr old kid rampaging up and down the aisle on flights ive been on but I expect in First you wont see this.

I fly more than I care for.

Kids have a right to be travelling with parents, from experience however some parents shouldnt have the right to have kids.

Get a front row seat more room for all the bewildering stuff parents seem to need, aircrew will assist with this normally.

Milk or food on take off and landing, small non annoying toys in rotation for flight dress kid in bed clothes.

Other things are far worse than kids on a plane.

Overwieght sweaty gits who spill over to your chair.

The hi Im ----- who think they must become friends as your sat next to them for 8hr plus

The valium head who once gone , is like a corpse dribbling all over you.

The nervous flyer who screams at every bit of turbelance and engine noise change, had one just last month.

old lady who smells a little of stale piss, who sucks her food to death and ignores her own gas movements on take off and landing.

Edited by stiggy

I fly more than I care for.

Kids have a right to be travelling with parents, from experience however some parents shouldnt have the right to have kids.

Get a front row seat more room for all the bewildering stuff parents seem to need, aircrew will assist with this normally.

Milk or food on take off and landing, small non annoying toys in rotation for flight dress kid in bed clothes.

Other things are far worse than kids on a plane.

Overwieght sweaty gits who spill over to your chair.

The hi Im ----- who think they must become friends as your sat next to them for 8hr plus

The valium head who once gone , is like a corpse dribbling all over you.

The nervous flyer who screams at every bit of turbelance and engine noise change, had one just last month.

old lady who smells a little of stale piss, who sucks her food to death and ignores her own gas movements on take off and landing.

Hey thats my Mother your'e slagging off :lol:

Got to say thought fat people in a seat next to you has to be the worst ever experience :o

I liked the Indian guy who sat next to me all friendly, i really didnt want his life history but 20 minutes later he said I sleep a lot on planes and snore quite loudly...............sadly he was telling the truth for the next 7 hours!!!

Edited by travelmann

That's why others who travel with kids should stay the he** away from business class AND the lounge...

I like the idea of stashing the kids in one section of the plane (the back!!), in reality it appears as if they somehow triangulate in order to calculate how to place the little buggers in a way that they will piss off the largest number of passengers. Sod's law dictates that YOU will be placed in the exact acoustic middle of this triangle.

When i travel with my kids 15+ hours we pay for business for the extra space/comfort- i take a perverse pleasure from seeing the expression on the business mens faces as we walk into the lounge/cabin :D

I actually fly alot alone for business and never have a problem with having other peoples kids around...

When i travel with my kids 15+ hours we pay for business for the extra space/comfort- i take a perverse pleasure from seeing the expression on the business mens faces as we walk into the lounge/cabin :D

I actually fly alot alone for business and never have a problem with having other peoples kids around...

Then you know what l am talking about.

Personally thinking, dragging young kids about on long haul flights so mum and dad can piss it up with the family is gross, and l am sure the kids we agree with me. :huh:

Just remember that when you get that look of distaste (usually a single white female) at your kiddy's first outburst, it is they that have issues not you. And they knew the risks when they selected that bulkhead seat next to you. I always carry a few extra pairs of earplugs and offer them to the neighbour - sometimes breaks the ice, but some people just like to be angry in airplanes it seems.

Personally thinking, dragging young kids about on long haul flights so mum and dad can piss it up with the family is gross, and l am sure the kids we agree with me. :huh:

Expatj has just pronounced to the world that he is an almost textbook example of a 'Passive Aggressive', though he doesn't realise he did.

While Transam has just admitted to the world the gap between his life experience and those who live lives with a few more choices than he is used to ....... though he probably doesn't realise he did!

Edited by GuestHouse

after sevreal long hauls, mostly by myself w/o the (then) husband: each child had hsi/her own small bag of toys, sleeping helpers (blankie, fave doll)and some small snacks. i also put in an extra change of clothes for each. my own carry on had one more set of clothing for the ones most likely to need them, plus a change of clothes for me (being vomited on, i can change clothes).

meds: before take off, they all got some form of otrivin (nasal spray the doc recommended us to use the night before the flight and again before the flight. there is the pediatric versions. all three of my kids suffer and suffered then with sinus/nasal/ear tube problems. also, as someoen mentioned: a tylenol cold medicine or something similar, could also be some form of antihistamine, the take off is less problematic then the descent. so before the decent meds should be given. we automatically gave the youngest asthmatic a prevention dose of her ventolin and allergy meds.

tylenol or ibrofen if the child is known to suffer from the descent. breast feeding if the child still breast feeds. bottle drinking also helps. swallowing, and all the other things, dont seem to really help much if a child has fluids in his ear tubes or stuffy nose chronically. i also suffer horribly cause i have narrow eustacian tubes and they collapse.

small, interchaneable, expendable non noise toys are good to bring along.

calm organized parents helps make calm organized children. we went thru a crash landing in shannon airport when the youngest was a year old. the older two were convinced that the real way to sit for landing was with heaad down between the legs. they didnt realize we crash landed even with the boom boom of the plane bashing in to the pre landing strip since we stayed calm.

being the typical jewish mother, i pinned the name and address and phone number written on a small piece of clothe, inside a pocket or in between layers on each child, and included medical info (asthma) too, just in case i died on the plane or whatever other horrible things jewish mothers think about. of if i forgot one of them on the plane or in a terminal or something.

i practiced ahead of time opening and closing my collapsable buggy that we were allowed to take on the plane; organized all the passports etc in an area that i could get to while holding on to children. going in a plane bathroom with kids was a challenge (five year oldrefusing to sit on scary plane toilet). i identified likely 'grandmothers' that could help me on the trip (btw, when hubby flew on his own to thailand, via usbakestan, i found a young couple that were amenable to making sure he got back on the correct connecting flight since he speaks neither hebrew nor englsih nor uzbakestani. i showed him who they were, and told him 'follow them' and told them to make sure he followed. seemed to work for me.

if two parents are travelling together, take turns allowing the other to get some sleep/rest.

bina

after sevreal long hauls, mostly by myself w/o the (then) husband: each child had hsi/her own small bag of toys, sleeping helpers (blankie, fave doll)and some small snacks. i also put in an extra change of clothes for each. my own carry on had one more set of clothing for the ones most likely to need them, plus a change of clothes for me (being vomited on, i can change clothes).

meds: before take off, they all got some form of otrivin (nasal spray the doc recommended us to use the night before the flight and again before the flight. there is the pediatric versions. all three of my kids suffer and suffered then with sinus/nasal/ear tube problems. also, as someoen mentioned: a tylenol cold medicine or something similar, could also be some form of antihistamine, the take off is less problematic then the descent. so before the decent meds should be given. we automatically gave the youngest asthmatic a prevention dose of her ventolin and allergy meds.

tylenol or ibrofen if the child is known to suffer from the descent. breast feeding if the child still breast feeds. bottle drinking also helps. swallowing, and all the other things, dont seem to really help much if a child has fluids in his ear tubes or stuffy nose chronically. i also suffer horribly cause i have narrow eustacian tubes and they collapse.

small, interchaneable, expendable non noise toys are good to bring along.

calm organized parents helps make calm organized children. we went thru a crash landing in shannon airport when the youngest was a year old. the older two were convinced that the real way to sit for landing was with heaad down between the legs. they didnt realize we crash landed even with the boom boom of the plane bashing in to the pre landing strip since we stayed calm.

being the typical jewish mother, i pinned the name and address and phone number written on a small piece of clothe, inside a pocket or in between layers on each child, and included medical info (asthma) too, just in case i died on the plane or whatever other horrible things jewish mothers think about. of if i forgot one of them on the plane or in a terminal or something.

i practiced ahead of time opening and closing my collapsable buggy that we were allowed to take on the plane; organized all the passports etc in an area that i could get to while holding on to children. going in a plane bathroom with kids was a challenge (five year oldrefusing to sit on scary plane toilet). i identified likely 'grandmothers' that could help me on the trip (btw, when hubby flew on his own to thailand, via usbakestan, i found a young couple that were amenable to making sure he got back on the correct connecting flight since he speaks neither hebrew nor englsih nor uzbakestani. i showed him who they were, and told him 'follow them' and told them to make sure he followed. seemed to work for me.

if two parents are travelling together, take turns allowing the other to get some sleep/rest.

bina

You forgot the chicken soup. :)

Expatj has just pronounced to the world that he is an almost textbook example of a 'Passive Aggressive', though he doesn't realise he did.

In this context, i realize it :D

While Transam has just admitted to the world the gap between his life experience and those who live lives with a few more choices than he is used to ....... though he probably doesn't realise he did!

Well Dr.Guesthouse,

I would never take a babe long haul unless totally necessary, full stop. Not fair on the kid, let alone passengers who might suffer the result of it's pain.

So l really don't understand your comment BUT as you are a guy who always professes a perfect life and everything you do as perfect and everything everybody else does as not to your way of thinking then l suppose l must swallow your comment.

The grandparents like to see the children (and vice versa). Its also useful for the children to see the home country, since it is still the only country where they have a right of abode.

Anyway, they seem to cope well enough...

SC

The grandparents like to see the children (and vice versa). Its also useful for the children to see the home country, since it is still the only country where they have a right of abode.

Anyway, they seem to cope well enough...

SC

I understand what you say, but do we know what damage might be caused to developing babes ear/balance stuff with the pressurization process. I have been in excruciating pain a few times, if a babe had that kind of pain, well. ;)

not discussing whether to take kids on long haul or not; its not really a question since many of us cant not do that since grandparents are too old to fly, or cant afford it or wont come to visit the cuontry in question... so the kids go with the parents. as for damamage, dont think its lasting damage on the ears for children, and children are flexible so if handled properly, it can be done with minimal fuss and muss. as i stated, we did an emergency crash landing in shannon many years ago and my kids to this day were not traumatized by it since they did as they were told, we were calm, organized and they thought that was thte regualr procedures so no crying arguing etc...

please stick to giving useful tips and suggestions, not argueing about taking a child or not on a flight.

bina