Closer Scrutiny To Get Tourist Visa This Time

Last two times the consulate did not ask me to write a letter giving the reason for asking for two entries.

Neither did the travel agent ask me to let them copy my visa into Thailand; also asking me to sign record that I'd planned to get 30 day extension while in BKK as I'd book to return after 89 days instead of the 59.

Just me, or others having same requests.

• 1 month later...

After reading their web site I rung them and was told I had to show a return ticket. This is a new one for me, as I didn't need this when getting tourist visas in Laos.

I applied by mail for a double-entry visa, but only got a single entry. No comment. :annoyed:

Cheers,

Peter.

Whenever there is something out of the ordinary with a visa application it is a good idea to enclose an explanatory letter to disabuse the consul of the notion that you might want to work illegally in Thailand.

Tourist visa warning announcement

They use the word repeatedly, yet make no indication of how many times it will be allowed.

They will look at your PP and decide on a per person basis ofc and your past history and personal data (picture included) will make the officer decide how many he think you should be allowed to get.

Edited by TAWP