True Ultra Hi-Speed Internet

petedk

Yea, be sure to set your wireless router to use WPA or WPA2 versus WEP or no encryption, assuming all your wireless client devices will work with WPA / WPA2. Some older clients may have problems with WPA2. Most new routers come with a default setup of WEP, WPA, or no wireless encryption, with WPA seeming to be the most common. When I got my True cable 20Mb/2Mb plan installed with the True-provided Cisco wireless modem/router, its default setting was WPA if I remember right....relooking at its manual it shows WPA as the default setting. I just know it was not set to WPA2....I changed it to WPA2.

Ditto that... WEP has been cracked and is no longer considered secure...

WPA2 is considered today's preferred means of wireless security...assuming your hardware devices will all support it.

Well, of course WPA is better and more secure than WEP (I say more secure and not secure, since also WPA can be cracked!) and indeed WEP can be cracked. But did you actually try to crack WEP by yourself? If not, please try and you will see that the average user will not be able to crack this, unless you go into command mode programs etc. So with that in the back of my mind I can surely say that if I use WEP in my neighbourhood it will be quite safe. And even if they crack it, so what, do you think you will notice if they are leeching on your line? Most people will certainly not notice this.

Don't get me wrong though, I do suggest to use WPA where possible of course ;)

I forgot to mention that the sales girl talked to me about speeds and reliability and she "guarantees" that a 10 Mb will give at least 9Mb speeds.

Don't believe it for a minute. :) perhaps to BKK servers off peak yeh.

Think I'll stick with True 50mb VDSL2 in that case. They won't guarantee my speeds tho :)

my true ADSL gives me a solid 9.3 MBps download speed from the FTP server on my seed box.

• 2 weeks later...
I forgot to mention that the sales girl talked to me about speeds and reliability and she "guarantees" that a 10 Mb will give at least 9Mb speeds.

Think I'll stick with True 50mb VDSL2 in that case. They won't guarantee my speeds tho :)

my true ADSL gives me a solid 9.3 MBps download speed from the FTP server on my seed box.

having said that, true arbitrarily changed my connection from 10M /500k to 9m/1m. the status screen on my router admin confirms it. so much for almost 5 years of flawless service. I was geeting 2mb when i signed up, and it has gotten consistenly faster. suddenly they are taking speed away. dicks

i am dis pleased

having said that, true arbitrarily changed my connection from 10M /500k to 9m/1m. the status screen on my router admin confirms it. so much for almost 5 years of flawless service. I was getting 4mb when i signed up, and it has gotten consistenly faster. suddenly they are taking speed away. dicks

i am dis pleased

as a brief update, i have finally spoken to true and I have been told i received an"auto burst update" from my initial 4mb dsl connection for 999 (which had steadily increased in speed to up to 10 ++ mbps over the three years i have had it without a price change and my bills clearly read 4mb plus speed upgrade) to to 8/1 mb.

The old connection pre upgrade was rock solid. FTP speeds would come down at a solid 9.3 mbps with little variation. Now, my speeds fluctuate wildly from 3 to 8, generally closer to 3. UBC has for 2 days denied they have done anything, despite the fact that my up and downstream rates have changed.' Only this evening was i informed about my burst "upgrade" to a slower less stable connection.

In my disgust, I have decided to try the cable 20/2 package, and was promised a call today which never came. It is going to be a bumpy ride.

Edited by nocturn

I'm confused... You talk above about your True DSL service... But then talk about wondering if UBC/TrueVisions has changed something....TrueVisions being the cable TV provider and having nothing to do with phone line delivered DSL service or cable internet, for that matter... Then you talk about contacting True about wanting to change to their 20 Mbps cable internet service, which is provided by True Online...

True Online, True's DSL and cable internet provider, used to sometimes automatically upgrade rated speed levels on their existing customers' DSL plans without passing along any price change, when they adjusted their broader rate and speed packages... But usually that would mean the customer would get better performance, at least for local connections inside Thailand.

I've never heard anyone talk about True DSL and "burst" speed rates.

The standard cable modem should be free; but if wanting a cable Wifi modem/router (i.e., an integrated modem and WIfi router) that will cost 1000 baht. I paid the extra 1000 baht and True provided a Cisco Wifi modem/router when I signed up for my True cable 20Mb/2Mb plan....absolutely no regrets after approx 3 months of being on the plan and using the True-provided Wifi modem/router.

7/512 599<br>10/1 699<br>20/2 1,299<br>30/3 1,799<br>50/5 2,799<br>100/10 4.999<br><br><br><br><br>i was in thems ofice for 2 days a go, so them say mybe on 15 on sep this year i have fiber here<br><br>them say too me nothing how much cost for cabel modem eks<br>

Hi norway,

Mind I ask where is your location?

Wish mine can come on 15th Sept. :)

Just as an update to how well my True cable 20Mb/2Mb plan is performing after being on it for 2.5 months. I have had 100% reliability/uptime during rain and shine, streaming video is no problem, works just fine with my VOIP adapter, and the True-provided Cisco Wifi modem/router has worked just fine with plenty of Wifi range.

For some Speedtest.net results around 10:30am on this fine Tuesday morning, see below for a few results to international web sites....and I do believe these are valid download speeds. But the only way for me to get these valid ping time/download speeds is to use the True proxy setting in my browser; otherwise, without the proxy setting I get those bogus/faster than light Speedtest.net results....that is, I can pull 10ms ping times and download speeds of around 20Mbs to any server on Earth...just like that sever was across the soi (not). And actually with the results below with the exception of the Singapore download speed which routinely runs in the 10-15Mb ballpark since it appears to be more of a direct link between Bangkok and Singapore, the US/Europe results are a little slower than what I normally see during the day as I usually average right around 5-6Mb download speeds to the US/Europe. And I even threw in a couple of ADSLThailand speedtest results to the US and UK, which pretty much match up with the Speedtest results. Cheers,

To Singapore

1468225359.png

To San Francisco

1468235455.png

To Atlanta

1468237517.png

To London

1468239022.png

ADSLThailand speedtest result to their USA server (I think its a west coast U.S. server)

http://speedtest.ook.../1352772781.png

ADSLThailand speedtest result to their UK server

http://speedtest.ookla.com/result/1352774249.png

Pib, since cable internet is more susceptible to local congestion than DSL, you really ought to try the same tests here locally in the primetime evening hours...when presumably all your cable internet-connected neighbors are likewise online... It would be interesting and informative to see how the evening data compares to the morning data.

Pib, since cable internet is more susceptible to local congestion than DSL, you really ought to try the same tests here locally in the primetime evening hours...when presumably all your cable internet-connected neighbors are likewise online... It would be interesting and informative to see how the evening data compares to the morning data.

Here are the results run to the same locations as in above post but around 5:10pm this evening, with Bangkok thrown-in (I live in western Bangkok) just to show I do get he full advertised "in-Thailand" speed. If I'm at the house around 8pm tonight and if I remember, I will rerun the tests. Local congestion can definitely make a difference along with the congestion being experienced on the far end of the speed test depending on what time of day and night it is at each location. And of course the ISP's international bandwidth makes a big difference. I expect pretty much everyone's speed to US/Europe drops in the prime time hours regardless of the ISP and plan they are on....assuming you are getting accurate speedtest results versus bogus/speed of light results. Preaching to the choir I know.

Additionally, these results are not obtained via me being hardwired/Ethernet connected to the modem/router, but instead via Wifi connection. The Wifi router is upstairs in the bedroom and I'm downstairs with the laptop. Since the Wifi router signal has to fight through a concrete floor and concrete wall to reach my laptop it just gives an indication that the True-provided Cisco EPC 2325 modem/router (a 54G model) puts out a pretty good signal…I get five bars on my laptop's signal strength meter (five bars is max/full signal). True can provide a N-model modem/router when signing up to the 30, 50, or 100Mb plans. Also, my speedtest results are usually a little better when hardwired as you don't experience any Wifi transmission/resend packet errors. Personally I wouldn't signup for any plan faster than 20Mb, especially if most of your interneting is to the U.S./Europe because it seems around 5-6Mb is about the most/a very common speed I get to the US/Europe although I'm not quite getting that today to US/Europe....but I get a much faster connection to Singapore which is good since a lot of websites mirror/duplicate their content on servers in Singapore to service western Asia/Southeast Asia. Another good thing about the cable connection is the flow of data is much smoother compared to ADSL plans I've been on...this smoother/consistent data flow makes all the difference in streaming video.

To Bangkok

1468625760.png

To Singapore

1468616997.png

To San Francisco

1468618678.png

To Atlanta

1468620198.png

To London

1468621658.png

Edited by Pib

Ok, here are the results run between 8:00pm and 8:10pm which is considered prime time by many. My browsing is fast and YouTube type videos stream without pausing. Cheers.

To Bangkok

1468832019.png

To Singapore

1468833725.png

To San Francisco

1468835650.png

To Atlanta

1468841129.png

To London

1468843108.png

Thanks for that good info above, Pib... about what I would have expected...

The dinner time rates to the U.S. and Europe are slower than the morning... And the mid nighttime rates are a bit slower than the dinner time rates...

But real scores, with real pings, of 3 to 3.5 Mbps to the U.S. and London are quite respectible, and good enough for most things the typical user would want to be doing.

Cheers!

7/512 599<br>10/1 699<br>20/2 1,299<br>30/3 1,799<br>50/5 2,799<br>100/10 4.999<br><br><br><br><br>i was in thems ofice for 2 days a go, so them say mybe on 15 on sep this year i have fiber here<br><br>them say too me nothing how much cost for cabel modem eks<br>

Hi norway,

Mind I ask where is your location?

Wish mine can come on 15th Sept. :)

i live in pattaya i was in office them say maby 15 of sep but i going there ca 20 of sep ask them again

Since about 2 weeks I have True docsis 10/1 package. Loading of websites is ok, but connecting to sites is not that fast! Today (about 15 minutes ago) I could NOT connect to any Google site (.NL .com etc.)!!! I tested if it was Google (using my own proxy on my own domain) and no problems there (didn't expect it was big G, but checked it anyway)! What's this? I have had this issue (not able to connect to Google) also several times when I had True ADSL and now this sh..t starts again. This also means that even connecting to TV is very difficult, since they use Google for their ads.

I'm also downloading using a usenet provider (XLned if people want to know <_< ) and True clearly slows down the traffic. A few days ago I could get about 400KB/s (kbyte/s), but last few days it's max 80KB/s!!! I'm using 8 threads and a SSL server.

And I know for sure that I'm one of the few people in my neighbourhood which are using True docsis now, since it just became available here since about 2 or 3 weeks and most (if not all) already have either True/TOT ADSL or 3BB cable. So most of those people are not likely to switch to cable.

Another stupid issue. When doing speedtests it doesn't matter which server I choose (Bangkok, Europe, USA) I always get a pingtime of 6 or 8ms, which is BS of course. And max speeds.

So all in all I'm not satisfied yet with True docsis :annoyed:

Anybody have same kind of issues? I would like to know.

Thanks.

The fake speed test and ping results for True customers is a long and much discussed issue here... It stems from True caching data and the actual results you get really only reflecting the local connection time from your home to True's servers, even though your speed test site says it's to the U.S. or elsewhere... Those results are clearly false and meaningless.

For True cable users, Pib has posts earlier in this thread about how switching to use True's proxy server both results in him getting realistic speed test results and, he believes, faster web surfing response times... See his earlier posts in this thread on True's proxy server, which you can set in your browser's Network Settings tab.

There are also other speed test web sites that will...even without changing your browser's proxy settings...give True customers real and meaningful results... The ones that won't typically are the OOKLA branded variety.... One of the ones that does usually give credible results is http://www.dslreport...eedtest?flash=1

As for Usenet, I haven't used it in ages, and don't recall much discussion about it among True customers here...as to whether they do any throttling... I can say, pretty clearly, True doesn't appear to do throttling of parallel downloading....as various users have reported being able to have multiple download threads each running at good speeds, and then adding additional threads not slowing down the already running ones.

A lot depends on the real location of the content you're seeking... It may come from an international source, but that source may also cache or tunnel the data in/to SE Asia...meaning response times are quicker... But if your PC has to actually retrieve the data from the USA or Europe, then it's going to tend to be slower...

Any judgments about what kind of download or surfing speeds you're getting has to take into consideration those kinds of factors, among others.

For True cable customers, our experience seems to show you're likely to get somewhere between 25 to 35% of your plan's rated speed on real international speed test results to the U.S.A.

Meaning...in general...and depending on the time of day.... 2-3 Mbps single thread, speed test results for 10 Mbps plans and 3-4 Mbps for 20 Mbps plans... Haven't heard much from users of any of the higher speed plans on True's cable system.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

And here are some 7:20am-7:30am Wednesday morning results. As mentioned earlier, this is uisng the True proxy setting; without using the proxy setting I pretty much get bogus 20Mb download speeds and 10ms ping times to any server on Earth.

To Bangkok

1469862331.png

To Singapore

1469861014.png

To San Francisco

1469863536.png

To Atlanta

1469866245.png

To London

1469867582.png

I'm confused... You talk above about your True DSL service... But then talk about wondering if UBC/TrueVisions has changed something....TrueVisions being the cable TV provider and having nothing to do with phone line delivered DSL service or cable internet, for that matter... Then you talk about contacting True about wanting to change to their 20 Mbps cable internet service, which is provided by True Online...

True Online, True's DSL and cable internet provider, used to sometimes automatically upgrade rated speed levels on their existing customers' DSL plans without passing along any price change, when they adjusted their broader rate and speed packages... But usually that would mean the customer would get better performance, at least for local connections inside Thailand.

I've never heard anyone talk about True DSL and "burst" speed rates.

I have never once mentioned True Visions/ UBC.

Also, i do not wonder if true has changed anything, they have changed my downstream rate, lessening by about 1 meg, and upping my upstream rate to 1 meg.

As for speed adjustments, I did receive them along the way until I was getting a solid 10meg. Recently, they have given me what they call an "auto burst update" (their term on the phone) which has resulted in slower speeds and a less stable connection.

As a result i have decided to try the cable service, though after 3 days i have yet to receive the promised call from sales despite the fact that i have had numerous calls from their tech services.

The fake speed test and ping results for True customers is a long and much discussed issue here... It stems from True caching data and the actual results you get really only reflecting the local connection time from your home to True's servers, even though your speed test site says it's to the U.S. or elsewhere... Those results are clearly false and meaningless.

For True cable users, Pib has posts earlier in this thread about how switching to use True's proxy server both results in him getting realistic speed test results and, he believes, faster web surfing response times... See his earlier posts in this thread on True's proxy server, which you can set in your browser's Network Settings tab.

There are also other speed test web sites that will...even without changing your browser's proxy settings...give True customers real and meaningful results... The ones that won't typically are the OOKLA branded variety.... One of the ones that does usually give credible results is http://www.dslreport...eedtest?flash=1

As for Usenet, I haven't used it in ages, and don't recall much discussion about it among True customers here...as to whether they do any throttling... I can say, pretty clearly, True doesn't appear to do throttling of parallel downloading....as various users have reported being able to have multiple download threads each running at good speeds, and then adding additional threads not slowing down the already running ones.

A lot depends on the real location of the content you're seeking... It may come from an international source, but that source may also cache or tunnel the data in/to SE Asia...meaning response times are quicker... But if your PC has to actually retrieve the data from the USA or Europe, then it's going to tend to be slower...

Any judgments about what kind of download or surfing speeds you're getting has to take into consideration those kinds of factors, among others.

For True cable customers, our experience seems to show you're likely to get somewhere between 25 to 35% of your plan's rated speed on real international speed test results to the U.S.A.

Meaning...in general...and depending on the time of day.... 2-3 Mbps single thread, speed test results for 10 Mbps plans and 3-4 Mbps for 20 Mbps plans... Haven't heard much from users of any of the higher speed plans on True's cable system.

Thanks TallGuyJohninBKK! I will check about the True Proxy server and also some more speedtests.

As for usenet I can say that normally per thread I should get 'almost' max downloadspeed (that is when not throttled and depending on which usenet package at the provider. Mostly it's 2Mbit per thread). I know this from experience in the last 15 years. I understand that the international speeds can (and will) vary, but my speeds per thread are really quite fixed at about 10KB/s in the evening. I don't know if True is throttling my speeds after I have downloaded about 100GB this week (well, if you have a relatively fast internet connection (for Thailand) you should be able to make use of it, right :lol: . I mean if you only need email and surf a bit a 1Mbit connection will do!) In the beginning my speeds on usenet were much higher and although not full speed, still acceptable at 400KB/s (for 8 threads).

When I use the standard SSL port (119) downloads will not even work. When I use another SSL port 443 (my usenet provider offers 2 different SSL ports) the speeds are as told. When no SSL, can't download at all. I have a 1 month-subsription and will try another usenet provider next month to see if there are any differences, but I doubt it. I had no issues with my current provider in the past I have to say.

About the fact that there is not much discussion about usenet on TV is that most people only know torrents etc. Most Dutch people however know (and use) usenet. You can find many Dutch websites related to NZB files etc. (if that rings a bell). I don't understand why people even bother with torrents, but that's another discussion.

Anyway, I will put my experiences (and questions) on this TV thread, which may be useful for other people as well and I hope to gain some more knowledge if anything can be done to get a better connection.

Another stupid issue. When doing speedtests it doesn't matter which server I choose (Bangkok, Europe, USA) I always get a pingtime of 6 or 8ms, which is BS of course. And max speeds.

Try using True's proxy of "proxy.trueinternet.co.th" with a port setting of 8080. I'm on the True 20Mb/2Mb cable plan and using the proxy setting should eliminate the bogus speed test results...it did for me. Use of the proxy also allowed me to reach some web pages such as the US Embassy ACS Appt System which is really on a U.S. State Dept server in the U.S. and the Social Security Agency web site on a govt server in the U.S.. Reaching these servers was discussed in a couple of other threads on ThaiVisa....seems a fair amount of folks on various ISPs (not just True) are having problems reaching these sites....seems to be an IP address or certificate issue with some of the U.S govt web sites. That's the only two sites I can't reach without the proxy....may be other U.S. govt web sites I would have the same issue with but so far I haven't found any by just surfing to a bunch of them to see if my problem was with more U.S. govt web sites. When I was on TOT ADSL which I was with up to a couple of months ago, I could reach above mentioned sites, but after switching to True Cable I couldn't unless I had the proxy setting on or tuned my VPN on.

Or, if not using the proxy setting I had to turn on my VPN which gives me a U.S IP address to reach the above mentioned sites. And apparently if you are on True ADSL versus cable you can reach the sites but if on True Cable you can't unless using the proxy setting (or at least that has been my experience and couple other people on True cable internet). As mentioned, some other folks on other ISP ADSL plans are now having problems reaching the sites.

Also for me, my browsing was a little snappier with the proxy setting on versus off....by snappier, I mean how fast web many pages pull-up. When I was on cable internet in the U.S they also recommended use of their proxy which I did use...you didn't have to use it they just reached use since a lot of web sites were cached on the proxy. I got the same result on that cable plan as I'm getting on True's cable plan....browsing is a little snappier but I can't remember ever having in problems in reach a U.S. web site...probably due to I had an U.S. IP address.

But remember, if taking your computer to another locations/road trip and trying to connect to a "non-True" Wifi setup, a hotel setup, airport setup, etc., that you'll have to turn of the True proxy setting; otherwise, you won't be able to reach any web sites/make a connection since the True proxy server wouldn't allow connection to another ISP....it's only for use by True customers. My last employer used a proxy server also...I can't tell you the number of times I was at a airport, hotel, etc., trying to connect to the Wifi and couldn't....then it struck me I needed to turn off my company's proxy setting...turn off the setting and I made the connection no problem. But when getting back to the office to connect to the company LAN I had to turn the proxy setting back on to make a connection. Pretty typical of ISP proxy servers unless they are open/public proxy servers...I would not use open/public proxy servers.

Now there are many other types of servers out there to include infamous anonymous proxy servers open to the public and run by god knows who...with no doubt X-amount being run by people with less than honorable intentions (ie., stealing your User ID, passwords, data, etc). Dozens upon dozens of different type of proxies..most perfectly safe to use....in fact don't be surprised if hidden proxy servers are in use by some ISPs which you are going through/using everytime you logon....preaching to the choir I know. For others out there, see this Wikipedia article for an overview of all the different types of proxy servers. Link

Try using True's proxy of "proxy.trueinternet.co.th" with a port setting of 8080. I'm on the True 20Mb/2Mb cable plan and using the proxy setting should eliminate the bogus speed test results...it did for me. Use of the proxy also allowed me to reach some web pages such as the US Embassy ACS Appt System which is really on a U.S. State Dept server in the U.S. and the Social Security Agency web site on a govt server in the U.S.. Reaching these servers was discussed in a couple of other threads on ThaiVisa....seems a fair amount of folks on various ISPs (not just True) are having problems reaching these sites....seems to be an IP address or certificate issue with some of the U.S govt web sites. That's the only two sites I can't reach without the proxy....may be other U.S. govt web sites I would have the same issue with but so far I haven't found any by just surfing to a bunch of them to see if my problem was with more U.S. govt web sites. When I was on TOT ADSL which I was with up to a couple of months ago, I could reach above mentioned sites, but after switching to True Cable I couldn't unless I had the proxy setting on or tuned my VPN on.

Or, if not using the proxy setting I had to turn on my VPN which gives me a U.S IP address to reach the above mentioned sites. And apparently if you are on True ADSL versus cable you can reach the sites but if on True Cable you can't unless using the proxy setting (or at least that has been my experience and couple other people on True cable internet). As mentioned, some other folks on other ISP ADSL plans are now having problems reaching the sites.

Also for me, my browsing was a little snappier with the proxy setting on versus off....by snappier, I mean how fast web many pages pull-up. When I was on cable internet in the U.S they also recommended use of their proxy which I did use...you didn't have to use it they just reached use since a lot of web sites were cached on the proxy. I got the same result on that cable plan as I'm getting on True's cable plan....browsing is a little snappier but I can't remember ever having in problems in reach a U.S. web site...probably due to I had an U.S. IP address.

But remember, if taking your computer to another locations/road trip and trying to connect to a "non-True" Wifi setup, a hotel setup, airport setup, etc., that you'll have to turn of the True proxy setting; otherwise, you won't be able to reach any web sites/make a connection since the True proxy server wouldn't allow connection to another ISP....it's only for use by True customers. My last employer used a proxy server also...I can't tell you the number of times I was at a airport, hotel, etc., trying to connect to the Wifi and couldn't....then it struck me I needed to turn off my company's proxy setting...turn off the setting and I made the connection no problem. But when getting back to the office to connect to the company LAN I had to turn the proxy setting back on to make a connection. Pretty typical of ISP proxy servers unless they are open/public proxy servers...I would not use open/public proxy servers.

Now there are many other types of servers out there to include infamous anonymous proxy servers open to the public and run by god knows who...with no doubt X-amount being run by people with less than honorable intentions (ie., stealing your User ID, passwords, data, etc). Dozens upon dozens of different type of proxies..most perfectly safe to use....in fact don't be surprised if hidden proxy servers are in use by some ISPs which you are going through/using everytime you logon....preaching to the choir I know. For others out there, see this Wikipedia article for an overview of all the different types of proxy servers. Link

Thanks a lot Pib for the proxy address. Will try that tonight (I am at work now). By the way, I'm not an expert on proxy servers, but I know my way around with proxies B), but thanks anyway for the advice. Indeed many people don't know this info. Currently I'm also connecting to the internet via a proxy server at our company on my notebook.

And I have setup my own proxy server (since need to be indeed carefull with those nice public proxies!), since I own some domains as well. Always handy my own proxy, since at my work they block every possible proxy which they can find on the net (I'm working at a big international company with worldwide proxies setup etc.).

Anyway, big thanks for your useful info. As for my problem with Google that happened yesterday I'm baffled what that can be. I could reach every other website, except Google! After about 15 minutes it was back to normal. This happened to me also regularly when I used True ADSL. Using my own proxy I could immediately connect to Google. Any idea on this?

I have never once mentioned True Visions/ UBC.

Really???

The old connection pre upgrade was rock solid. FTP speeds would come down at a solid 9.3 mbps with little variation. Now, my speeds fluctuate wildly from 3 to 8, generally closer to 3. UBC has for 2 days denied they have done anything, despite the fact that my up and downstream rates have changed.' Only this evening was i informed about my burst "upgrade" to a slower less stable connection.

UBC is the old name/former name of what is now TrueVisions, True's cable television service...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TrueVisions

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

I have changed the proxy now to be True "proxy.trueinternet.co.th" (Thx Pib) and done some speedtests.

My internet subscription is: True docsis (cable) 10Mbit down / 1Mbit up (699 baht/month)

Some speedtests, done @ 21:15 (about). Pingtimes seems acceptable.

International download speeds not of course, but it's better than the past.

Notice the nice upload speed to Ho Chi Minh City 5555.

Well, to a BKK server it's ok of course.

1470753860.png

The Netherlands:

1470784637.png

San Fransisco:

1470764959.png

Ho Chi Minh City (hmmmmm :blink: ):

1470771349.png

Good deal...at least you are now getting real world speed test results and it should fix some other potential problems. Ain't nothing you can do about ping times unless you know how to get light protons/electrons to got faster than the speed of light through fiber optics/copper lines.

I expect the administrator of the Ho Chi Ming City server might want to add some RAM to his 80386-based server, shorten-up the internet lines in Vietnam, get a much better WWW DNS routing to his server, lease some more bandwidth, etc. ;)

Here's the Speedtest.net result I got to Ho Chi Ming City at 10:40pm on my 20Mb/2Mb cable plan.

1470899596.png

Edited by Pib

Cheops... I too have the True 10/1 cable plan...

Those U.S. and Europe results are about normal and what you should expect from that plan.... And actually, the ping to S.F. is a bit faster than normal... You're pretty much right in the groove....

Some speedtests, done @ 21:15 (about). Pingtimes seems acceptable.

International download speeds not of course, but it's better than the past.

The Netherlands:

1470784637.png

San Fransisco:

1470764959.png