The Truth About Dining In Chiang Mai

CMX

My daughter just returned from CM after two weeks of eating rice and noodles the ammount of weight she has put on is scary (she's only eleven) the airoplane scales said she had gained more than two kilo.

Are you sure that's all she ate? If eating rice and noodles could add two kilos in two weeks, I'd weigh a ton or two by now ;)

There is a new falafel and hummas place on Chang Klan road near the Sri Don Chai intersection with good, inexpensive Middle Eastern food and you can just walk a few yards to Butter is Better for desert afterwords. The name of it is Sababa Restaurant and the owner seems to be a very nice guy. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ulysses G.

Leaving the SAD (standard American/Australian diet) diet 35 plus years ago and switching to a plant/fruit based diet I find Thailand one of the best places on earth to dine.

Not saying or preaching my diet is for everyone (but it works for me) but slowing drifting form a vegetarian to a fruitarian makes living in Thailand....heaven. The fruit here is outstanding. The (J) vegetarian restaurants are located all over and are delicious too.

Thailand is the place to dine...MMMMMmmmmmMMMMMM.

Well it has been a month now with many suggestions.

I was wondering if CMX had changed his opinion yet.:jap:

Well it will be recalled perhaps that I did not propose that there was not available western food that was tasty. I had/have no way to know about the past. My thought was that western food, that restaurant fare better than chow, that would be classed as being well above average was not to be had at bargain rates by western standards. I suggested that the stellar delights would be served of Thai foods at bargain rates.

In short, I had not run across a western restaurant that offered an especially bon rapport quality/prix - which I think translates without google. And one can eat only so much, so I have not tried any recent suggestions, not even that of the knowledgeable Sao Jaing Mai. But I have eaten twice at a place that qualifies as being exceptional at the price, not fish and chips or burgers and fries either. Two more tests of that kitchen and I'll gladly admit that my theory was wrong, maybe three.