Best Bank

I wont to bring some money over from the UK. I normally go to the AEON machine and get 10,000 baht at a time but I need to bring more money over and I don't wont to have to go to the machine every day.

I am quite happy to go into a bank with my Debit Card and passport and do it that way.

Which bank allows you to bring the most in one hit. Kasikorn only allows 20,000 baht. Does anyone know what the other banks limits are?

dont think there is a limit mate? open a bank account with any big thai bank and you should be able to wire money from a uk account, this should cost about 15 gbp...I transferred 45000 a few years back ...not sure if i would want to transfer large amounts of money with todays exchange rates though...goood luck

AEON has accepted my requests for 40,000 baht although the other banks have smaller limits. No ATM fee, either.

Don't know how much you want to change, but at that much per day, could add up pretty quickly. Or, with a bank account here you could arrange to wire it to yourself.

I used to use Bangkok Bank, had no problem using the debit card for 50,000 each time. I also have used the yellow bank, sorry cant remember the name, again 50k each time and no problems. Suggest the same as others that it would be better in the long run to open an account in Thailand, its easy and straight forward to do and then you can transfer larger sums or on a regular basis without paying the higher rate on fees/exchange etc.

I used to use Bangkok Bank, had no problem using the debit card for 50,000 each time. I also have used the yellow bank, sorry cant remember the name, again 50k each time and no problems. Suggest the same as others that it would be better in the long run to open an account in Thailand, its easy and straight forward to do and then you can transfer larger sums or on a regular basis without paying the higher rate on fees/exchange etc.

It's 20k each time (from atm) with Bangkok Bank, up to a maximum of 50k a day.

It's 20k each time (from atm) with Bangkok Bank, up to a maximum of 50k a day.

It may have changed but you certainly used to be able to get 25k a pop from a BB machine, number of withdrawals limited only by your card's overseas limit.

You can go inside the bank and get pretty much anything if they authorise it first (assuming they can be bothered, 'cannot' is much easier).

I have never seen a Bangkok Bank ATM with 1k notes available that I could not obtain 25k per transaction if you manually select it (not fast-cash option). It has not changed as of last week. There ATM's are limited to 25 notes.

The normal card limit is 50k per day but that can be set higher at Bank. But I have found the 50k is a good compromise between needs and security.

Actually with Kasikorn you can select your own daily cash withdrawal limit up to 200,000 Baht, though to draw 200k you have to make a number of transactions as there is a transaction limit but you can do them one after the other.

The cards have a default limit of 50,000 Baht and if you want a higher limit you just contact their call centre.