Cost Of Scubapro Classic Plus Bcd?

Genericnic

Hi all. Hope you have all offloaded the holiday ballast. biggrin.gif

I am moving to Thailand the beginning of February and am upgrading some of my dive equipment. One of the main things I have left to get is a new BCD. I have been using a ScubaPro Classic that is past its prime. I really love the jacket style especially for the extra lift I get from it when teaching. I can get a Classic Plus for about $400.00 US from LeisurePro here in the US and bring it with me, though checking it on the plane would obviously up the cost a bit. I have checked a number of dive related sites in Thailand and have been unable to get any information on price since it seems that none of the sites list the price. Does anyone have a feel for the price I would pay there or have any links to a dealer that posts a price?

Thanks

David

Divesupply is the Scubapro importer for Thailand. Recommended retail price from them is 31,110 Baht, so a lot more. You could get it cheaper, but 400 US is way below my wholesale price.

Thanks for the information steve. I think I may have to get it and bring it with me.

Took a look at your website. I'll have to stop by on my next trip down south and say hi. Maybe have to drag you out for a dive.

David

PADI MSDT/IDCS

Divesupply is the Scubapro importer for Thailand. Recommended retail price from them is 31,110 Baht, so a lot more. You could get it cheaper, but 400 US is way below my wholesale price.

Thanks for the information steve. I think I may have to get it and bring it with me.

Took a look at your website. I'll have to stop by on my next trip down south and say hi. Maybe have to drag you out for a dive.

David

PADI MSDT/IDCS

Sure, please, you're welcome.

I have found, particularly with ScubaPro, that buying big-ticket items is always cheaper in the states. I've been teaching Scuba in Thailand for four years and make annual visits to relatives in California, where I do my upgrades and replacements. The dive shop I've worked with cannot compete (or, so they tell me) because import taxes are so high.

Best regards,

Keith

PADI MSDT/IDCS

• 1 month later...