Golf In Phuket

Sing_Sling

The whole family is meeting in Phuket for a few weeks over Christmas and New Year and we would like to include some games of golf in our itinerary.

* Brother (works in Beijing) hasn't played in 15 years.

* His father in-law (coming in from Europe) started the game 1 year ago, but is serious

* Me - play about once a month and really suck (plus I'm left-handed, an immediate handicap)

The last few time I came to Phuket I only enjoyed the sun and surf, mainly snorkelling and scuba diving - so I have absolutely no knowledge about what there is available in terms of Golf.

What I'd really like to know is if anyone knows about taking a golf lesson, some good courses (aside from the top 5 which are over 2000 Baht a round . . .) which are not too difficult.

Thanks in advance

• 3 months later...

Phuket overpriced ?? YES of course

why you do not try Chiangmai ?

5 golf course with 2or 3 of high quality

and the best in ChiangRai ((specially the Santiburi !!)

very cheap fees - and as the life is very cheap in the North (2 to 3 time less than Phuket)

200 to 300 baths for

very nice & cool weather

just one hour flight from Bangkok (with now cheap rate from 1100 bath per flight - 2500 with Thai )

and some direct flight from China, Japan HongKong & Singapore

contact me directly [email protected] for more detailed infos

CM

Try Phuket Golf Holiday

the website isnt brillient, but the guy who runs it/organises stuff is a nice guy, he will be able to sort out your golfing needs, including tuition if your cousin needs it. Hes also a very keen golfer and knows all the golf courses on the island intimately.

Hes worth talking to, if nothing else