Why Do Old Women Work In Bars?

mark45y

I was reading on another thread that old women work in bars to give old guys a choice of a woman who would not be an embarrassment for his friends back home. Like it would make a difference if an old guy brought home a 35 year old woman as opposed to a 20 year old woman. I think this is nonsense. 20 or 35 a Thai person is going to know the lady is a bar girl and back home everyone will know the lady is a bar girl. Who cares if 20 or 35?

So what is the reason an older woman would work in a bar?

"back home everyone will know the lady is a bar girl."

lets just change this in to reality. "back home everyone will THINK the lady is a bar girl because they are small minded <deleted>'s"

When I was 50 I was living with an 18 year old stripper in a nudist colony in Florida. My friends and family would think almost anything was an improvement. Not many friends came to visit us in the nudist colony. The ones that did were not small minded usually. My daughters insisted we go out to a restaurant for Christmas dinner although I am a really good cook.

The oldest woman I ever took out of a bar in Thailand was 65. I had also taken her out of a bar only a few blocks away in 1969. She hadn't changed much. You would have thought she would have improved a bit in all those years. Nope. I used to think that old women who worked in a bar were ready to quit and settle down and would be a better choice than young women if one was marriage minded. But now I don't think so. Once a hooker always a hooker. Young or old it is still a low percentage bet and the odds are against you regardless of age,

Hope springs eternal in an old woman's heart?

I don't get to too many gay bars but I do go on occasion, I have never seen any old men working gay bars. Is that an accurate statement as a rule? For example I can name 20 bars in Pattaya where a 50 year old woman is working.

If 35 is old then bring them on.

I know a lot of "mature" women in LOS including a number of mamasans and have always found them delightfull company.

On my no too infrequent visits I usually do the rounds and all it takes is a 20 minute converation to be brought up to date on the local goings on ...from the usual stuff..who owns what bars,what the PM is up to,latest prices-rip-offs,Bangkok news and especially the stuff that we dont discuss in public.

All part of the rich tapestry that is "life in LOS"..... :lol:

Hope springs eternal in an old woman's heart?

I don't get to too many gay bars but I do go on occasion, I have never seen any old men working gay bars. Is that an accurate statement as a rule? For example I can name 20 bars in Pattaya where a 50 year old woman is working.

Believe it or not I don't go to the gay bars often either, but there are probably some 40 plus "boys" still on the game, and 30 to 40 is not rare at all. 50 plus, probably not. Some bars hire these guys as "filler" to make their floor look fuller, and then there are bars associated with muscle, so the older ones can compete if they steroid it up for those men that have that particular taste. Sorry if that sounds rude ("filler") but that's kind of the reality in my view at some of these places, any warm body will do to make a bar look happening.

If you're asking me, I don't think anyone over 30 of any sex should be dancing with poles.

Edited by Jingthing

Many years ago I was talking with a pleasant older lady working in a bar. She asked me, as they always do, how old I was. (28 - have been for nearly half a century). She admitted her age and I asked had she any thoughts of retiring. She replied that she has three kids to support and needed the extra income than that from a straight job. I asked what her husband did for a living and she said that he was a monk. He had entered a wat a couple of years previously after serving five years for being in possession of drugs. I was aghast at this but she said that she was very proud of him. I still can't get my head around this. I guess I'll never be more Thai than a Thai.