Something I'D Like To See In Thai Visa Forums

fiddlehead

OK, i read yahoo news.

In the past year or so, they started a comment section below each news article.

Now, you can rate the comments.

And then you can see which ones are rated highest.

I have found that not only is this entertaining, it is also very educational as some of the top rated comments are better than the article.

So, why not do this on a forum?

I look at the latest thread about Nigerians putting out a warrant for Dick Cheney.

Some of the responses are funny. Some are informative.

Think about it Thai Visa rulers and especially George.

It would improve your already popular forum.

Unfortunately this method of appraisal has proved unpopular with 'controversial' posters on TVisa who may get marked down just because another poster takes a dislike to their comment!!....or them!!!

The OP is talking about rating posts, not rating posters. The reputation feature in effect was a tallying method to rate and label individual posters. These two things are by no stretch of imagination the SAME thing.

Unfortunately this method of appraisal has proved unpopular with 'controversial' posters on TVisa who may get marked down just because another poster takes a dislike to their comment!!....or them!!!

The OP is talking about rating posts, not rating posters. The reputation feature in effect was a tallying method to rate and label individual posters. These two things are by no stretch of imagination the SAME thing.

:D

This idea has been tried already a few months ago and was ditched quite quickly because, believe it or not, some people were actually abusing the feature and using it to attack people. Strange (and unfortunate), but true.

They may not be the same thing, but they are closely related, people who have a dislike to a poster, particularly those that abused it last time, will not mark up a posts content, no matter how good it is, if they resent the poster. Conversely, they will mark up a rubbish post if it is one of their click or groupies.

As someone who knows all about the last rating issue Jingthing, I thought you might have grasped that theory.

^what about those on neither faceybook or twatter?

Consider yourself lucky.

Ohhh, I do. I also managed to rate fairly highly on the TV ratings......how did you go JT? :lol:

Just kidding, I know you know that Im just stirring, don't throw that handbad down, you hear? ;)

Consider yourself lucky.

Ohhh, I do. I also managed to rate fairly highly on the TV ratings......how did you go JT? :lol:

Just kidding, I know you know that Im just stirring, don't throw that handbad down, you hear? ;)

I rated quite high actually but I still opposed the old system vehemently. Any other questions?

Consider yourself lucky.

I rated quite high actually but I still opposed the old system vehemently. Any other questions?

I think you hold the RECORD for RED Votes, did you not? Luckily I posted you so green, so often or you would of ended with a negative tally.

Still I have received no cheque in the mail