Shambles On Beach Road

thaibeachlovers

All those umbrellas, chairs, makeshift kitchens, trash, broken infrastructure, hookers, bums and scammers....

The place looks like a slum if you ask me.

With the cost of unskilled labor, you would think the city would have the means to keep it tidy.

If you have lived here some time, you would understand that City Hall are not at all interested in the views or comments from foreigners.

The Mayor absolutely is never going to take a recommendation of any type from anyone unless there is a reason behind it!

Nothing that Pattaya has ever done has ever had maintainance and as such quickly becomes an eyesore.

You have to just accept that they think they are a world resort and can not see beyond this.

Edited by Rimmer
Font

All those umbrellas, chairs, makeshift kitchens, trash, broken infrastructure, hookers, bums and scammers....

The place looks like a slum if you ask me.

With the cost of unskilled labor, you would think the city would have the means to keep it tidy.

As the road would be in use by vehicles in the day time, the businesses that owned the tables chairs etc, would remove them.

When Walking St first started, that's what happened there.

BTW the city does provide street cleaners.

Make second road two way, are you deranged???? The road is hardly big enough to support traffic going one way! :annoyed:

It's 4 lanes all the way, and much wider than Soi Buakhao which has 2 way traffic.

Of course they'd have to make it no parking, so it'll never happen.

It is because of the parked cars that Second Road has not degenerated into yet another Thai race track.

The two way section of Second Road is the very epitome of the product of a moronic mind. I wonder what the stress levels of the baht bus drivers driving south are. I understand that the shopkeepers canvassed for baht buses to travel in both directions. Can't see why as the shopkeepers on the other section seem to do OK.

Make second road two way, are you deranged???? The road is hardly big enough to support traffic going one way! :annoyed:

It's 4 lanes all the way, and much wider than Soi Buakhao which has 2 way traffic.

Of course they'd have to make it no parking, so it'll never happen.

It is because of the parked cars that Second Road has not degenerated into yet another Thai race track.

The two way section of Second Road is the very epitome of the product of a moronic mind. I wonder what the stress levels of the baht bus drivers driving south are. I understand that the shopkeepers canvassed for baht buses to travel in both directions. Can't see why as the shopkeepers on the other section seem to do OK.

Hmmmm.You obviously don't try to cross it after midnight!

However, agreed that the traffic is slower during the day.