Going To Apply For Retirement Extention In Chiangmai

I will help my mother to get a retirement extension soon.

I would like to confirm that it is now possible to get the extension after a 15 day border run.

I went to the immigration twice today and could only speak with a college student volunteer so I'm still not 100% clear on that but I noticed recently in posts by lopburi that it could be done.

Second question is how much do you pay at the usa consulate for the document of income over 65,000- could not find the info on the gov website unless that falls under notarization services?

Edited by devaram

There have indeed been reports here that the previous reports of the immigration offices that do perform change of visa status as the first step in a retirement extension (not all offices do that at all) no longer require 21 days left on the current permission of stay to do that. So before then, of course, a 15 day stamp wouldn't work. However, the proof is in the pudding, so please report whether this works for you at CM.

Edited by Jingthing

The cost at Embassy is the notary stamp charge. There is an extra 2,000 baht charge/step if converting from visa exempt so for many people getting a single entry non-immigrant O visa is not that much more expensive (overnight rather than day trip) and provides several extra months before the extension of stay needs to be made.