Fancy A Uk Piss-up?

the scouser

OK, shall we say 2 o'clock either at the bar at Lime Street station or the concourse itself, and we can then move on from there? Perhaps go to the Philharmonic. Nice pub: they don't let in the feral types flogging car stereos, rolex watches and batteries.

Scouse.

Scouse, Which is that one just down the road from Lime St. Is it the Grapes or The Vines or something like that. I went there many years ago and it was good but don't know what it's like now. Is the one just outside called the Crown or something?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife and i will be well up for a Brum do along with a few of our Thai friends down here in good old Bristol.

opothai lives in Coventry but i don't think he's lived there very long. Is there a brummy out there who fancies doing the arrangements? Is BigSpuds from Brum?

mrbojangles

opotai lives in swindon, he works in coventry and mansfield.

we worked in brum

18 months ago on central arena.

a good place for a drink or two was broadwalk. plenty of pubs and some on the canal,

however do not ask for directions :o

if we have the brum drink i'll be bringing the boss

see you soon

mrbojangles

opotai lives in swindon, he works in coventry and mansfield.

Sorry buddy,

Thought you lived in Coventry. My excuse for the confusion, is that, by the time you eventually found your way to the pub, we had already sank a dozen beers :D:D

go hawk mr bojangles

at the conservative pace the northern fraternity drink thier beers you would have started drinking at 11.30 am to have sank that many. :D

hopefully in brum we will be joining some liberal drinking southern members, and maybe just maybe if you practice you will keep in touch with the pace :o

:D

Hi Matt,

Falangaman sent me a PM last night saying that the Manchester lot might be staying over, so you may wish to liaise with him. Anyway, this is the place I suggested. It's a bit out of the city centre, but browse the site, and you'll find a central hotel if that's where you'd rather stay.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Sorry, I've not been back since last post (the Mrs hasn't been off online Bingo for a week, need a 2nd PC me thinks!).

Unfortunately we won't be able to make it to 5th of November, sorry guys. The mrs is excited about Guy Fawkes etc. and my bro puts on a monster show in his back garden so we are gonna head their and me and sumo will hammer the 24 pack of stella followed by cigars and brandy.

Remember to take more photos for those who can't make it, na.

Cheers!

Right ticket's booked for the 5th.

Will be at Liverpool st at about 1:15pm barring any delays so can any of you let me know nearer the time where you're meeting and how I can get there. Not been to Liverpool before!

Will do Matt. Are you staying over? Or have you bought a same day return?

Hi Mr Bojangles,

You mentioned in a previous post being out in Thailand for Christmas too. Are you in BKK all the time? If so we'll have to arrange a piss up out there too!

Hi Matt, i finish work on the 23rd Dec and am going to book a flight for ASAP after that date. Not that i'm a cheap charlie :o but i'm not going to pay the inflated x-mas flight prices. But when we do go, we are having a month. We have to go to Chaiya Phum for her parents and Jomtien (near Patters) for other family and friends but apart from that we'll be touring around. So, pretty sure we can fit a piss up in. Hopefully the TV members in Bangers will be arranging some sort of ThaiVisa Official Xmas piss up as wel. Hint, hint, Bangers crew :D

Do we have any news on the national piss up?

Any volunteers for organising the Brum do? I dont mind having a go at it, but obviously not being from that area i wont know exactly how good a particular establishment is.

dayleyboy i went to brum about 4 weeks ago for a drink with some friends, it was off broad street, very clean and tidy, good selection of real ales lagers and the like but not over busy from 7-9 pm and it is only a couple of minutes away from the livelier venues, i've just rang one of the lads that lives in brum for the name if you want to i will pass it on when he confirms also parking places available.

Any volunteers for organising the Brum do? I dont mind having a go at it, but obviously not being from that area i wont know exactly how good a particular establishment is.

dayleyboy i went to brum about 4 weeks ago for a drink with some friends, it was off broad street, very clean and tidy, good selection of real ales lagers and the like but not over busy from 7-9 pm and it is only a couple of minutes away from the livelier venues, i've just rang one of the lads that lives in brum for the name if you want to i will pass it on when he confirms also parking places available.

Well that sounds like a plan matey, we can take it from there and see what happens

Well that sounds like a plan matey, we can take it from there and see what happens

the Malthouse

75 king edwards road

brindley place

birmingham

if this venue is ok by people all we need is the time and date

Personally I'd suggest an afternoon start (maybe 2pm) which means that then people have plenty of time to get home and have a good drink as well.

good thinking proff

that should give the northern boys plenty of time to be back in bye bye's by 6 :o

sorry boys could'nt help it

I'll start in the afternoon but for me, it's an "All Dayer". So we'll be stopping in an Hotel. Who wants to set the date?