O-Net Tests

Hi guys,

Some of my students have asked me if I could help them prepare for their English O-NET test. Can anyone point me in the right direction to find useful information about O-NET please? I'm not very familiar with it at all.

Also, any tips on what I should do and get them to do to prepare adequately? There's a lot of stuff in Thai but 'pu Thai mai dai'!:o

Many thanks,

MF

From what I have heard the questions on the O-Net exams are horrible ...

I did a google search and found this on another forum...

-----Quote----

M3 English O.Net You have to be joking

Just got a copy of the M3 English O.Net that my poor students had to sit this afternoon. What a stinker. First the format completely changed from last year so anyone who attempted any revision for it would have been stuffed. May I suggest that an English exam on Friday afternoon having alread done 7 Thai exams is probably not ideal either.

The exam was full of over technical English and bizarre role play scenarios. There was not one gimme mark in the entire paper. I would doubt whether 90% of Thai english teachers in this country could score 50% on it so I'm going to put my money where my mouth is. Next week I'm due to help 12 English teachers in Nongkhai and I'm going to give them this test and offer them 500 baht if they can score over 50%. I'll let you know how much poorer I am next week.