Iphone Problem

Sorry to tell you but i am afraid that if your Iphone is not factory unlocked and you upgraded to the latest firmware there is not much you can do at the moment.

You will have to wait for the release of the unlock for the 4.2.1 firmware but there is not an ETA at the moment.

Your data should be anyway all there and not lost.

Sorry to tell you but i am afraid that if your Iphone is not factory unlocked and you upgraded to the latest firmware there is not much you can do at the moment.

You will have to wait for the release of the unlock for the 4.2.1 firmware but there is not an ETA at the moment.

Your data should be anyway all there and not lost.

Thanks, it is the first Iphone model, I bought it on Ebay unlocked, but not sure if its factory unlocked ?? anyway I dont think the first model can upgrade to 4.2.1 ? I think it can only go up to about 3.?

Any chance of someone on the Island can fix that problem ?

Cheers

does sound like a problem with updating the firmware. hope the mods keep in mind that unlocking the iphone is not illegal. pretty much any model of iphone can upgrade to the most current firmware version and in many cases is done so automatically and unnoticed via itunes. if your iphone was factory unlocked you wouldn't need any original sim card.

does sound like a problem with updating the firmware. hope the mods keep in mind that unlocking the iphone is not illegal. pretty much any model of iphone can upgrade to the most current firmware version and in many cases is done so automatically and unnoticed via itunes. if your iphone was factory unlocked you wouldn't need any original sim card.

Yeah, I used Itunes for upgrading.....but with a bad result......Guess I have to wait, like GmB said. Just pretty bad, since all my contacts ONLY are on the phone ( yes I know , I should have syncronized first )

Before there was a guy in Tesco who could unlock Iphones etc. is he still around ?

Yeah, I used Itunes for upgrading.....but with a bad result......Guess I have to wait, like GmB said. Just pretty bad, since all my contacts ONLY are on the phone ( yes I know , I should have syncronized first )

Before there was a guy in Tesco who could unlock Iphones etc. is he still around ?

i don't know about any guy from tesco but i've unlocked a few myself and have had a 3gs sitting in my desk drawer for 3 months because it was "accidentally" upgraded to 4.1.2 several months ago and i don't need another ipod.

you can certainly unlock it yourself by upgrading to the ipad firmware but there are a variety of related snafu's that exist if you do and it's currently unreversable. follow this link to go to perhaps the easiest to use and most simplified jailbreak and unlock tutorials available.

as said previously, if you have an iphone 3G or 3GS it's possible to update to the ipad baseband to get the unlock available again however starting from 4.2.1 you won't be able to return to stock firmare 4.2.1.

if you have an iphone 2G then you're stuck to 3.1.3 and baseband will be very easy to unlock and the phone to be activated.

personnaly the iphone 3GS i got was already updated to 4.1 and it's running perfectly(minus hardware gps) with the ipad baseband.

let me know if you need a help.

as said previously, if you have an iphone 3G or 3GS it's possible to update to the ipad baseband to get the unlock available again however starting from 4.2.1 you won't be able to return to stock firmare 4.2.1.

if you have an iphone 2G then you're stuck to 3.1.3 and baseband will be very easy to unlock and the phone to be activated.

personnaly the iphone 3GS i got was already updated to 4.1 and it's running perfectly(minus hardware gps) with the ipad baseband.

running perfectly while hemorraging data. my 3gs wasaccidentally "upgraded" for me during a servicing and now it runs hot and drains within hours unless all data is turned off. I am not a happy camper.

Do not upgrade to the IPAD baseband. I am now stuck waiting until the proper firmware supersedes the versioning on the ipad baseband.

Sorry to hear your bad news. I know a few guys with useless iphones and same happened with me, now I don't let my iphone near itunes when connected to the net. I'm happy now never upgrading my iphone again, to much trouble.

Thanks M8, I didnt bring my computer this time to Samui, so I wasnt able to do any of the recommended, however I went to Banana IT next to Tesco, they fixed it (its a 2G , now upgraded to 3.1.3 like you wrote) within 1 hour for 500 Bht. BUT I lost all adresses etc.

Cheers