Prices Of Motorbike Stuff

ChangNoi1

I was today at the Kawa-dealer to inform about a rear mudd-guard for a Versys. Then I saw the price ... 11.450 Thai baht!!!

Accoording to the staff not a typo mistake ... "Import" ... but what the hell the bike is made in Thailand?

Are they nuts? A piece of plastic?

Then the Trex luggage set (2 side + 1 top + and installation rack) for .... 104.750 Thai baht!!! No joke!

Import! Have'nt they heard of the shocking exchange rate?

Is Kawa-Thailand nuts or the Pattaya kawa-dealer?

Well at least I did get a English Owners Manual for the Versys for free .... as pdf file on CD.

Chang Noi

chiang noi.. wait a while i'm sure Tony will have the mudguard thing in carbon fibre for ya... as for the rack..

check out http://www.thaimotorbox.com/

the bkk Givi guy.. i'm pretty sure they have similar to what you want for a fraction of the price.. about 40-50,000baht for the lot

and all this for just a small finders fee.....just count the bottles... :burp: ..singha is my fav but leo will do :D

Edited by thaicbr

Take a deep breath Chang Noi. Kawasaki Mityon imports those accessories from abroad and is free to charge whatever the market will bear.

Of course you can order them from abroad yourself and if you carry them over or have them carried for you, you can save a bundle. Even if you pay to have the items shipping to Thailand and pay ~30-35% duty and tax you should still come out paying less than Thai retail.

And finally, yes, as Allan said, if you don't want to pay the high price for imported accessories, there is already a ton of domestically produced kit for the Versys that costs a fraction of the imported stuff.

Ride On!

Tony

KhaoKho39.jpg

It is a free market .... but I would not even consider to buy a mudd-guard at 11.500 Thai baht!

I would think it is easy to make and that there will be many local Thai made after-market spare-parts.

So ... are there really people paying that much money for spare parts at the Pattaya Kawa dealer?

I think Pattaya is missing a good after-market shop (not only for Kawasaki).

Chang Noi

BTW Saw a beautiful white ER6N yesterday at the Kawa-dealer (from a customer). Looks great!

There's a market for imported bike stuff which costs craaaaaazy amounts... . Import taxes are to blame for most of it, I believe.

The Givi V35 hard bags are 20k in Chiang Mai - I think without rack, not sure. They're not that much cheaper overseas...around $500... so $600 in Thailand isn't bad.

> 100k is crazy though...

There's a market for imported bike stuff which costs craaaaaazy amounts... . Import taxes are to blame for most of it, I believe.

The Givi V35 hard bags are 20k in Chiang Mai - I think without rack, not sure. They're not that much cheaper overseas...around $500... so $600 in Thailand isn't bad.

If you find 20k for 1 hard-bag acceptable then 104k for 2 aluminium side-bags and 1 plastic top-bag and the racks is not expensive.

With the current exchange rate that would be about 2700 Euro!

I think in Holland that would be about 700 Euro less.

Chang Noi

Is that for a pair ?? Or one ??

Wouldnt mind some hard luggage option..