Marraige Visa -(Non Imm - O)

Is it possible to get a Non Imm 'O' Multiple Entry Visa as I am married to a Thai , from the Consulate in Laos ?

I have been told the application can take 2 weeks to process from the Immigration office in Bangkok and that I would have a repeat journey to collect 14 days later after submitting all the documents required.

If Laos does issue the Multi-O , is it given back the next day as other visa are ? Thanks in advance.

They would only issue a single entry 90 days.

They expect you to extend at Immigration in Thailand.

KL will issue a Multi Entry if you have 100,000 Baht in the bank.

Immigration in Thailand issue 12 month extensions. Apply and get the extension 30 days later.

You can not apply inside Thailand. And have not seen any reports of multi entry from Vientiane. KL will issue with proof of 100k in bank account but most prefer to issue single entry and for person to extend there stay from Immigration later. You make application for extension of stay if having the financial means at the immigration serving your location and normally return 30 days later to get the final approval. Cost is 1,900 baht but paperwork and wife will be required.

Ok , so if I go to Laos with all my paperwork , ask for a 90 day extension of stay for the reason of being married , I will then if im lucky get the 90 day stamp , return to Thailand , I then go to my local immigration office and apply for the one year visa ?? Is that right ?

Thanks for your help ,im a little confused.

You apply for a visa based on your marriage at a consulate, Vientiane will give you a single entry non-O visa, which is good for a stay of 90 days. Once In Thailand, during the last 30 days of your permission to stay you can apply for a 1 year extension of stay based on marriage if you can show an income of 40,000 THB per month OR 400,000 in a bank account in Thailand in your name for at least 2 months.

Be prepared to be asked to pay 'local taxes' for your extension!

Please define "local taxes".

Local taxes are a multiple amounts (in my experience x7) of the correct extension fee imposed after strenuous efforts by immigration officers to dissuade applicant from proceeding on the formal path succeed and take the path offered apparently by their associates, who will phone you up shortly after you have been so dissuaded and who feel they are better able to provide the required extension.

"Local taxes are a multiple amounts (in my experience x7) ... who feel they are better able to provide the required extension."

That sounds like a crock to me. Which office are you talking about?

I just did my 17th yearly extension. I've never even had a hint of a suggestion to do what you are suggesting.

They must love to see you coming.