Italian Man Ask From Russian Man 200 000 Baht

StasD

Russian drove motobike in Ptt and fell down. there was a tuk-tuk behind him, it pulled up sharp, turned left immediately and broke the mirror about another tuk-tuk. Police came, put the motobike on its parking, took the passport of Russian. Next day an Italian came to the police and told that he was in tuk-tuk and staved in several ribs. Firstly he asked 300 000baht as compensation, now decreases till 200 000 even insurance company paid him already. I would like to ask - if it happened in Russia the tuk-tuk driver would be guilty because did not keep the right distance. What about Thailand?

Just laugh at him.

Last time I checked falling over on a motorbike was not a crime that made you a culprit for other motorists damages as they tried to avoid hitting you due to not keeping their distance.

This must have happened a long time ago, as you say the Insurance has already paid the guy. So what information are you trying to get!!!!!!!

6 days ago. I translate it from Russian forum, Italian told that the insurance company paid or agreed to pay no problem and now he asks the money as moral compensation

Just laugh at him.

Last time I checked falling over on a motorbike was not a crime that made you a culprit for other motorists damages as they tried to avoid hitting you due to not keeping their distance.

You should be in control of your vehicle all the time, so yes, falling off your bike is against the road laws. However the same applys to the vehicles following you (distance), so its kind of a lose lose situation :(

Edited by CHdiver

This must have happened a long time ago, as you say the Insurance has already paid the guy. So what information are you trying to get!!!!!!!

6 days ago. I translate it from Russian forum, Italian told that the insurance company paid or agreed to pay no problem and now he asks the money as moral compensation

Sounds more like he is milking the situation. He's lucky he got as much as he did so far.

Just laugh at him.

You should be in control of your vehicle all the time, so yes, falling off your bike is against the road laws. However the same applys to the vehicles following you (distance), so its kind of a lose lose situation :(

Russian told the pregnant woman crossed the road that is why he fell off. But he was in shock and could not find her in time so now he cannot prove it

He can ask 1 billion $, it doesn't mean he's going to get it.

A friend of mine was involved in an accident, he was partially responsible, his insurance offers the other party 200,000 Bahts, the other party refused, they wanted double. They sued, they lost. You can ask what ever you want, it doesn't mean you're going to get it.

in soviet russia, tuk tuk pay you

I supose with an AK47 up your arse anyone would pay :ph34r: , but you should know that because you are a falang every things your fault in Thailand because you are there , Welcome to the land of Scam :jap:

I supose with an AK47 up your arse anyone would pay :ph34r: , but you should know that because you are a falang every things your fault in Thailand because you are there , Welcome to the land of Scam :jap:

It's not just farangs...Thai's have to deal with this also. I know several stories of Thai's being pursued after by other Thai's due to accidents. Crazy stuff.

But like mentioned above, pursue it in court and the facts...usually...come out. But it's a long process...

any chances to get, if not a picture, a phisical description of the italian? The BiB was collaborating untill not so long ago with a criminal, so i wouldn't be very surprised if he's still collaborating without his official uniform on, you know how these friendships works.....

It's not just farangs...Thai's have to deal with this also. I know several stories of Thai's being pursued after by other Thai's due to accidents. Crazy stuff.

But like mentioned above, pursue it in court and the facts...usually...come out. But it's a long process...

I'm aware of an old lady pushing a fruit cart, she hit a bump, cart lurched a bit to the side and put small scratch on a passing car.

Car owner on the spot demanded 10,000Baht from old lady to have her car totally repainted, she also called the police to the site and demanded the police get 20,000Baht from the old lady.

Police told the car owner to move on and told the old lady to come see them if the car owner contacted her again.