World Champion

:) Slightly off topic but some of the competition our Samui kids have been sailing with in Pattaya and Sattahip,took out the World Championship today. Last Friday at the 2010 Worlds staged in Langkawi The Thai team (3 males one female) won the Team Championship defeating 55 other nations and today the last day of the individuals after 17 races, the Thais had four finishing in the top ten with the girl, Noppakao Poonpat becoming World Champ by beating a 188 boat fleet of both sexes overall. The sport will take off now, so bring your kids (aged 6 - 15 ) down to Bang Rak tomorrow and begin lessons.

impressive. do you have any other details for tomorrow? specific location, cost involved, time etc?

Well done to the contestants and a great activity for kids.

All I know is that they sail from the beach in front of the Elephant and Castle in Bangrak. I do not know the time, but they are always out in their dinghies at lunchtime, so I would guess at a 10 am start???

Mark at the E and C would know.

impressive. do you have any other details for tomorrow? specific location, cost involved, time etc?

Look for the two story Thai restaurant on the beach opposite First hotel just before Elephant and Castle. The school starts at 10am Sat. and Sun.Coaches, safety boats and 20 Optimist dinghys with lifejackets supplied. Baht 3000 per month includes lunches and boat. Also operates school holidays.

thanks for the extra info crusty. i'm trying to see if my 10yr old boy would like to do it but it's a bit late now to drive back to the other side of the island and return by 10, would he get the same beginners chance tomorrow? i'm hoping he'll get into it because i have a bunch of motor yachts that need boat boys and then i can kick him out of the house and put him to work haha.

thanks for the extra info crusty. i'm trying to see if my 10yr old boy would like to do it but it's a bit late now to drive back to the other side of the island and return by 10, would he get the same beginners chance tomorrow? i'm hoping he'll get into it because i have a bunch of motor yachts that need boat boys and then i can kick him out of the house and put him to work haha.

Tomorrows fine. Anyway there are two sessions, after lunch they go out again at 1pm each day. There are two fleets, Beginners and Experienced.