Cbr 250 Vs Ninja 250

johnboy3739w

Yes sir stock gearing, but it was a cold day last week (10am), 95 benzine,

Sorry did not see this reply till now

Cool...........You know I have never even tried 95 Benz since gasahol 95 has always run so well in

bike & scooters

Might try it just to see how it feels in comparison.

Yes sir stock gearing, but it was a cold day last week (10am), 95 benzine,

Sorry did not see this reply till now

Cool...........You know I have never even tried 95 Benz since gasahol 95 has always run so well in

bike & scooters

Might try it just to see how it feels in comparison.

Honestly i think it was more likely the freshly oiled chain and rock hard tires (full tuck of course)

I just got back from a BKK to CNX run on gasohol and hit 164 kph, but it took forever.

You can definately tell it feels richer with benzine though, not as screaming at redline.

Another thing i noticed is at really high rpm riding for a prolonged period of time. I got 235 kilos when i normally get 280 kilos before the light blinks. Quite a big difference and if its always ridden over 145 kph might as well get a Ninja since they will consume about the same at the higher rpm range.

Edited by KRS1

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from a BKK to CNX run on gasohol and hit 164 kph.

Wow that is a long ways on a smaller bike.

Did you do it in one ride or break it down

One ride... 8-1/2 hours. (with no pit stops 7-1/2 hours)

I did it on a CBR 150 last year...never again man, never ever again.

• Like 1

I actually got the CBR 250 up to 170 kph the other day. Heres what was needed:

6) Air Filter Removed

man... don't do that to your baby...

removing air filter will allow particles and dust to enter the engine up to the pistons... you are surely damaging your engine.

so the bikes are pretty similar, but the CBR is 2/3 of the price of the Kawa...so a resounding win for the Honda then ?

IMHO....

Actually a win for you if you like the CBR better because you can save some baht.wink.png

It is not really a contest between the two bikes as they are two very different bikes.

But in any case as I said a win for you if the cbr is what you want because you get to save some baht.

For others like myself the choice was clear & the cbr was never in the running.

For myself & others taste/preferences etc. in a bike/engine characteristics/visuals or what ever choice was based on

the N250 was the clear winner so we paid the asking price.

It is good to have more than one flavor/type etc. to choose from though I think we all agree on that wink.png

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

So 170kph on the CBR was really around 153kph, plus the odo difference from having 50psi in the tires.

Fastest I've hit while touring on the open road is 165kph on the speedo, 151kph on the GPS.

If going for high-end speed, the CBR isn't the bike to choose.

So 170kph on the CBR was really around 153kph, plus the odo difference from having 50psi in the tires.

Fastest I've hit while touring on the open road is 165kph on the speedo, 151kph on the GPS.

If going for high-end speed, the CBR isn't the bike to choose.

sure, but its sometimes fun to try the limits of a bike,

What was the old saying again? Its more fun to drive a slow bike fast. especially here in Thailand.

• Like 1

As an owner of a cbr250, i can say ninja 250 is a better bike because it is 60 k thb more expensive so has some better ways due to that, very simple.

But put 50 k more you get a better alrounder and nearly two times more cc like a cbr500, i mean you always get a better bike for 60 k more.

Still no bike in Thailand can beat the price performance of a 70k thb second hand cbr250.

Still every rider has different needs and expectations from bikes regardless of price.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by loserlazer
  • Like 1

As an owner of a cbr250, i can say ninja 250 is a better bike because it is 60 k thb more expensive so has some better ways due to that, very simple. But put 50 k more you get a better alrounder and nearly two times more cc like a cbr500, i mean you always get a better bike for 60 k more. Still no bike in Thailand can beat the price performance of a 70k thb second hand cbr250. Still every rider has different needs and expectations from bikes regardless of price. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

.LL 1st sentence doesnt make sense to me?.Im also an owner of cbr250 ,yes the 500cc is double the cc with better torque but i reached 179km in stock form and im not paying 100k baht more to get to 190km from an cbr500

• Like 1

.LL 1st sentence doesnt make sense to me?.Im also an owner of cbr250 ,yes the 500cc is double the cc with better torque but i reached 179km in stock form and im not paying 100k baht more to get to 190km from an cbr500

It is hard to use single absolutes like top speed as

an end all yardstick of why folks buy different bikes at

different prices with different characteristics, power delivery,comfort etc.

I am not sure of LL's exact meaning but I would imagine it meant something along

the lines of somethings do cost more to build due to their composition & parts

Of course a twin costs more than a single cylinder to make.

If comparing price AND composition, characteristics etc. Then to be fair of course we would compare

twins with twins etc.

Not so different in other markets like cars, trucks etc. None compare a Vigo 2dr coupe with

a 4 door highlander. Although they both get you to your destination at similar speeds

As an owner of a cbr250, i can say ninja 250 is a better bike because it is 60 k thb more expensive so has some better ways due to that, very simple. But put 50 k more you get a better alrounder and nearly two times more cc like a cbr500, i mean you always get a better bike for 60 k more. Still no bike in Thailand can beat the price performance of a 70k thb second hand cbr250. Still every rider has different needs and expectations from bikes regardless of price. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

179 kmh? I do not beleive that unless you change your sprockets or modified it to the moon or going down the hill for kilometers with a wind from your back!

What i was meaning on my previous posts like you pay 60 k more of course you get a better bike mostly.

179 kmh? I do not beleive that unless you change your sprockets or modified it to the moon or going down the hill for kilometers with a wind from your back!

What i was meaning on my previous posts like you pay 60 k more of course you get a better bike mostly.

was done on the straight between phichit and uttaradit on a cool morning in early january plently on kms to get up to that speed.nothing changed except for cosmetic enhancements.you tube and see many 170km plus speeds on this model of bike also check the cbr250 forum u belong to many will attest to the same

was done on the straight between phichit and uttaradit on a cool morning in early january plently on kms to get up to that speed.nothing changed except for cosmetic enhancements.you tube and see many 170km plus speeds on this model of bike also check the cbr250 forum u belong to many will attest to the same

i believe ya, if the 250 can hit 170kph (with lots of room-2 kilometers plus) surely the 500 would be able to, in a full tuck of course.

I found that the road surface also makes a difference, some surfaces feel much slicker with less friction.

I actually got the CBR 250 up to 170 kph the other day. Heres what was needed:

6) Air Filter Removed

man... don't do that to your baby...

removing air filter will allow particles and dust to enter the engine up to the pistons... you are surely damaging your engine.

I live dangerously.

i believe ya, if the 250 can hit 170kph (with lots of room-2 kilometers plus) surely the 500 would be able to, in a full tuck of course.

I found that the road surface also makes a difference, some surfaces feel much slicker with less friction.

Dont want to break any hearts here but you cannot make 179 kmh as cbr250 redlines at 173 kmh if you do not use an aftermarket ecu to kill the redline.

Besides lets assume you reached a dream 179 kmh once on a cool morning in january still i reach 170 ish kms everyday while commuting to work with my cbr500:lol:

It is all about how fast you reach 179 kmh not about top speeds for me and for many more. Who needs a 170 kmh that you reach in ten minutes?:D

Still, i had wonderful time with my cbr250 and i missed to use it. Will ride it this weekend.:lol:

Edited by loserlazer

Dont want to break any hearts here but you cannot make 179 kmh as cbr250 redlines at 173 kmh if you do not use an aftermarket ecu to kill the redline.

Besides lets assume you reached a dream 179 kmh once on a cool morning in january still i reach 170 ish kms everyday while commuting to work with my cbr500:lol:

It is all about how fast you reach 179 kmh not about top speeds for me and for many more. Who needs a 170 kmh that you reach in ten minutes?biggrin.png

Still, i had wonderful time with my cbr250 and i missed to use it. Will ride it this weekend.laugh.png

You misread my post, i said 170kph not 179kph

agreed though, it takes forever to hit 170kph on the 250...let alone 145kph and if you read any of my past post regarding the CBR 250 thats exactly my sentiment and the stance ive been holding for a while now.

Edited by KRS1

Dont want to break any hearts here but you cannot make 179 kmh as cbr250 redlines at 173 kmh

Not all bikes are limited at redline... whistling.gif

Why people are mentioning the CBR250 and highend speed is a bit odd anyway.

But yeah, a stock cbr250 hitting an indicated 179.... can't believe that, sorry.

Edited by Salapoo

Anyway, if i have to choose a 250 cc bike in Thailand now, i go again with a second hand cbr250 less than half the price of ninja 250. Apart from the money, its low end torque suits my needs in city better than ninja250.

Anyone know if the engine in the 2013 Ninja is the same as the Ninja 300 - except for the stroke?

I know the stroke is different according to manufacturer specs, but what about the rest of the engine? Or is the Thai 250 the same engine as pre 2013 models but with minor changes?

Having stroked out a CBR 150 engine in the past, i know it can be a very big difference in torque.

Anyone know if the engine in the 2013 Ninja is the same as the Ninja 300 - except for the stroke?

I know the stroke is different according to manufacturer specs, but what about the rest of the engine? Or is the Thai 250 the same engine as pre 2013 models but with minor changes?

Having stroked out a CBR 150 engine in the past, i know it can be a very big difference in torque.

Everything is the same except the increased stroke both are 62 bore but the Thai engine has 41.2 stroke & the

300 engine has a 49 stroke

The 300 engine also has a slipper clutch

Edited by mania
  • Like 1

Anyway, if i have to choose a 250 cc bike in Thailand now, i go again with a second hand cbr250 less than half the price of ninja 250. Apart from the money, its low end torque suits my needs in city better than ninja250.

If the main concern is low end torque because you live in a city like Bangkok, then why bother with a CBR or a Ninja? Just get a Click.

I've ridden both bikes and IMO the Ninja is a better bike. If the price was no issue, I'm sure most would take the Ninja.

If the main concern is low end torque because you live in a city like Bangkok, then why bother with a CBR or a Ninja? Just get a Click.

I've ridden both bikes and IMO the Ninja is a better bike. If the price was no issue, I'm sure most would take the Ninja.

but in all other parts of the world the bikes are the same price, so the CBR250 is a raving bargain, i reccon...

and whoever says that the Kawasaki is better looking, must be some distant relative of the bloke who was the iceberg lookout on the Titanic.....

Bc click is not a motorbike. It is a scooter!

i did commute in Bangkok with my cbr150 for three years and i still own one and i can say it is perfect for commuting but not much difference really with cbr500r for me. Is easier to get out of tight conditions as i have much more power in any rpm with cbr500r.