Cbr 250 Vs Ninja 250

johnboy3739w

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the CBR race team in America whose single CBR beat 22 ninjas by over 5 seconds, then went on to win the 2 hr Endurance race by a whole lap, breaking the lap record in the process, in it's first week of racing, ever.

Well the info and dyno is over in the CBR thread.

If too lazy to click it's:

Stock: 22.79hp/14.87lb ft torque.

Full pipe, airbox removed, fuel control tuning: 27.25hp/17.92lb ft torque.

Edited by hehehoho

For what it is worth.....saw this on the MotoGP website

Kenta Fujii:

"I am very happy and extremely excited. I think I'll eventually realize the responsibility I am taking on when I begin in the Moto3 World Championship. For now, on this weekend, I'll savour my victory in Sugo on my Honda NSF250R (in the All Japan Championship Moto3 class), just in front of 125cc 2 strokes. I am the first rider ever in the world who won a race with a NSF 250R."

• 4 weeks later...

I saw the new red/black 2012 ninjette yesterday for the first time, and not to be a ninjette hater, but that colour red, and the whole design scheme is simply awful.

I'm not a fan of the CBR250R red/silver combo either but that red black ninjete really hurt the eyes.

I saw the new red/black 2012 ninjette yesterday for the first time, and not to be a ninjette hater, but that colour red, and the whole design scheme is simply awful.

I'm not a fan of the CBR250R red/silver combo either but that red black ninjete really hurt the eyes.

the white 2011 ninja was my favourite but last week i tried to order one and it was gone ,i dont like the 2012 colours either

Can you order it and tell them you don't want any of the decals on it?

The complete green (2008 model?) looks good.

(for a ninjette, of course :D:rolleyes: )

dont think so ,it either comes in green with blue stripes on it (FUGLY)

or red version with black trim (better but still would have liked that white one from last year )

this is the one im talking about :

ninja250r_white-color.jpg

Yup, I know the white one.

Are you sure that if you go to the dealer and say you want to spend 147,500thb cash on the green model but want it without the decals, that they'll refuse and turn you and your cash away?

All green is better than the green/blue imo. If you really want the white it's probably not too difficult to locate a used one. People usually want to upgrade soon enough.

Edited by hehehoho

Yup, I know the white one.

Are you sure that if you go to the dealer and say you want to spend 147,500thb cash on the green model but want it without the decals, that they'll refuse and turn you and your cash away?

All green is better than the green/blue imo. If you really want the white it's probably not too difficult to locate a used one. People usually want to upgrade soon enough.

it isnt 147,500 anymore ,not on the road anyway

they wanted 156,000ish when we called them

also they said theres a waiting list ,so u dont walk in with cash and ride out (i hate that kind of thing ,have no patience LOL!!! )

where do u find all the used ones ? i never see much decent bikes on the used market in thailand or the ones that are good are just a couple of thousand cheaper than a new one

people dont seem to understand depreciation in thailand ,if a new whatever is 150k ,a almost 1 year old one shouldnt be 145k but thats the kind of stuff you see advertised :D

2nd hand pcx can sell for more than a new one in some cases if its "decorated" with some shiny crap :)

Edited by wana

Can you order it and tell them you don't want any of the decals on it?

The complete green (2008 model?) looks good.

(for a ninjette, of course :D:rolleyes: )

You can just peel off the stickers ya know ;)

Or buy a second set of fairings in whatever color you like- they're really cheap.

Agree that the new 2012 paint schemes are indeed FUGLY!

Well, the Sept Superstock race is done and dusted. It was in Eagle's Canyon in Texas this time.

Unsurprisingly no change in first position from August's demolition of the ninjette fleet.

E SUPERSTOCK: 1. Ryan Andrews (Hon CBR250R); 2. Brandon Altmeyer (Kaw EX250); 3. Alan Phillips (Kaw EX250); 4. Ryan Max Johnson (Kaw EX250); 5. Zeb Harris (Kaw EX250); 6. Sam Carey (Kaw EX250).

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/article/?article=46193

Interesting to read of the track: Known for its high speed straights, double apexes, and elevation changes, the track can be quite a demanding mistress and favors big bore bikes.

Wonder how many ninjettes it beat this time, it was 22 the first time round. Perhaps a few of them suddenly felt a bit ill on raceday this time round though.

Wonder what the times were.

Edit:

Times can be found here. Race number 4 at the bottom of the page.

Info on the speed etc. per lap here.

Edited by hehehoho

Tiger boxer ,got to be the uglyiest bike ever produced since the old East German MZ around 30 years ago . :bah:

Posting while pissed again? What does your off topic rant about the Tiger Boxer have to do with this thread about the Honda CB'r' and the Kawasaki Ninjette? :drunk:

What does your off topic rant about the Tiger Boxer have to do with this thread about the Honda CB'r' and the Kawasaki Ninjette? :drunk:

Perhaps a Tiger Boxer repeatedly wiped the floor with 22 modded ninjettes too. :rolleyes:

Edited by hehehoho

Tiger boxer ,got to be the uglyiest bike ever produced since the old East German MZ around 30 years ago . :bah:

Posting while pissed again? What does your off topic rant about the Tiger Boxer have to do with this thread about the Honda CB'r' and the Kawasaki Ninjette? :drunk:

Were not people talking about the ugly Tiger a few posts back ? Maybe i was only having a nightmare though :jap:

i think in light of the big price difference - you'd be "Kwackers" not to go for the Honda

;0)

But the price difference varies depending on what Honda dealer you talk to right? From reading the CBR 250 thread seems very few people are finding the CBR 250 at the MSRP of 100k Baht....

And if a mere 20-30k baht price difference is so important to you, why aren't you looking at the Tiger Boxer 250RS which costs only ~7x,xxx Baht?

File0195%20%28Large%29.JPG

Everyone's keen to compare the Ninjette and CBr 250 but no one seems to want to compare the new CBr 250 with the Tiger Boxer 250RS. I wonder why... :whistling:

Yes people before me brought up the subject of the Tiger Boxer :bah:

Were not people talking about the ugly Tiger a few posts back ? Maybe i was only having a nightmare though :jap:

Thaifan2, your mistake was not to mention the Boxer. Your mistake was to say something negative about it.

Didn't you know that BigBikeBkk is the avenger of the Widows and Orphans Tigers pride?

:burp:

How many mods would it take for a CB'r' 250 thumper to match a 58 rwhp Turbo Ninjette? :lol:

What a strange question??? Apples and oranges. You can also turn the question around......A CBR250 with the turbo....what you need do to the Ninjette?

Or..... Seeing as how the MotoGP3 Honda engine has close to 50hp...... with the addition a turbo to that engine....what would you need do then to a ninjette to keep up??

Totally hypothetical.

But in either case.....the Turbo would be a fantastic addition to either of these stock bikes and turn them into more of a "real" sport bike. 55HP + for both bikes would be great. Wonder if bolt on kits could be available?

The real question of course is what extra mods do race modded ninjettes need to do to keep up with a race modded CBR250R.

Seeing as the race modded CMRA CBR250R has humiliated the entire fleet of race modded ninjettes on each occasion.

It's quite clear that when race modded (engine mods not allowed) the CBR250R is clearly the better race bike and bike for the track.

Edited by hehehoho

• 2 weeks later...

Whitewash of the ninjette is complete on the track, the far superior CBR250R ends the Superstock season with a 4-0 demolition of an entire fleet of ninjettes over the past 3 months.

Race 4, Superstock.

http://www.cmraracing.com/Results/2011/event41/sprint/86overall.html

It used to be sponsored by 'rentmyninja.com', but they seem to have lost interest over the past few months and don't seem to sponsor it anymore. :whistling:

Anyway, well done to the CBR250R team, and their great bike.

Top speed 126.

http://www.cmraracing.com/Results/2011/laps.asp?ev=41&en=20450&cl=104

So looks like we have a clear winner.

Thread closed. :D

Edited by hehehoho

Interesting from 'Sendler' on the CBR/Ninjette forums. He's had both for over 6 months at this stage.

I also own both but never ride the Ninja as I feel the Honda is much better.

More from Sendler yesterday:

The Honda is the much better all around bike. I never ride the Ninja anymore. My daughter rides it as it sits lower. If she were tall enough to stand over the CBR I would sell the Ninja and buy another Honda.

Yawn :rolleyes:

A stock Ninjette will spank a stock CB'r'. Everyone knows that.

Sink the same amount of money into modifying a Ninjette and a CB'r', the Ninjette will again spank the Honda because it already enjoys a significant advantage in power, brakes and handling right out of the box.

Nearly all my friends who bought CB'r's have already sold them on because they discovered right away how pathetic, boring and underpowered the new Honda thumper is.

Still, if you're a newb, on a tight budget or want the most fuel efficient 250 out there, then the CB'r' is probably a good choice. :passifier: