Rental Of Pickup

therealmrbrightside

Does anybody in Pattaya have a pickup they would like to rent to me for around 4 months, possibly longer at a decent price?

I would like an older style Toyota Hi-Lux NOT new (this is why i am not interested in going to a rental shop) i'm willing to pay around 15k per month.

May consider a Triton or W.H.Y.

You can PM me if preferred.

Cheers.

Another suggestion if you don't readily find any takers: with 15K x 4 months that's 60K baht. You could very likely spend less by buying one second hand, and then selling it back (possibly to the same dealer) for the price that you paid minus 30-40K or so. (Or 25K if very lucky, that would be the minimum a dealer would want to make on a sale).

Given that it's 4 months, you don't need to bother with transferring ownership. That means the second hand car won't turn into third hand, and it saves cost and hassle. You would of course need to make sure that you retain the ownership transfer papers, which are needed by whoever then buys the vehicle, or by the dealer who wants to sell it on.

So in short, if you buy a good condition Toyota Hilux Mighty-X for 200K or so then you will almost certainly drop less than 60K on it over 4 months (or 1-2 years, even). ( When in doubt then do a test drive, take it to another dealer and ask what he'd give for it. ;) )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

Another suggestion if you don't readily find any takers: with 15K x 4 months that's 60K baht. You could very likely spend less by buying one second hand, and then selling it back (possibly to the same dealer) for the price that you paid minus 30-40K or so. (Or 25K if very lucky, that would be the minimum a dealer would want to make on a sale).

Given that it's 4 months, you don't need to bother with transferring ownership. That means the second hand car won't turn into third hand, and it saves cost and hassle. You would of course need to make sure that you retain the ownership transfer papers, which are needed by whoever then buys the vehicle, or by the dealer who wants to sell it on.

So in short, if you buy a good condition Toyota Hilux Mighty-X for 200K or so then you will almost certainly drop less than 60K on it over 4 months (or 1-2 years, even). ( When in doubt then do a test drive, take it to another dealer and ask what he'd give for it. ;) )

Hmm yes i can certainly see the logic in that however, i find it easier to rent as it's easy to see an ad - call, agree, sign papers and drive away instead of having to look around dealerships - deal with a parasite who'll try and get more than his moneys worth out of me..fork out cash for what could be a bucket of shit.

Thanks for the suggestion but I'll try going down the rental route first.