Schooling And Housing In Sisaket Area

champken

I am considering the possibility of moving up to Sisaket as that is where my little darling is from and where my 2 year old son was born, and would appreciate it if any of you could give me some information regarding Schools in that area [ are there any good ones with farang kids in them?] and housing, i am not prepared to live in her village but am open to the idea of a decent place around town somewhere, so any information about costs and decent areas to live would also be appreciated.

Hi I live in Sisaket and have done for 5 months now. I live in a 2 bed town house in a secure estate. it costs me 4,000 a month and we like it. It is big enough for my family of 4 and the neighbours are freindly , along with the guards.

I looked for other housing, and though you could get cheaper I like the fact that my house is relatively new and secure. I am also not far from the centre of town. We looked at 2 other properies that would have suited (plus lots that would not have) both were bungalows one the same price , and very nice, but bought before we could move in. The other was 3,000 but smaller and grubbier. the thing is that if you put work into a property by cleaning it up or doing a bit of renovation the owner should either, reduce the rent or give you rent free for a while. If you can do this great, I had a friend spend 35,000 and get rent free for a year.

I actually teach here, but no next to nothing of other schools. I teach in anubhan Sisaket, the school is very nice but as I do not know your son's circumstances it is difficult to give advice. My son is 4 and was raised in the UK so speaks very little Thai (just what he has learned over here). I think ypu may need to look at different schools to see what you and your missus think.

If you have any further questions PM me and I will do all I can to help

Cheers

Neil

Thanks for that Neil , my Mrs and son are actually going up to Sisaket next week for about a month and i have asked her to make some enquiries regarding schooling in the area, i must say that at this stage moving up there is just one option that i am considering and the schooling side of it is or could be the biggest stumbling block as i really don't want my son taught in a 50+ class of only Thai kids and would want something considerably better for him even if i have to open the wallet a bit wider to achieve that.

As far as the housing side of it goes, i would initially be looking to rent so thanks for giving me an idea of rental prices but ultimately will probably buy them a place up there so they will always have somewhere to live come what may in the future.

My son is half Thai/English born in Sisaket where her family is from and is just over 2, so speaks very little at the moment but i would hope in the future be fluent in both English and Thai, you say your 4 year old has been raised in the UK, where do you send him to school? and do they teach them English there?

cheers Ken

• 10 months later...

Hi I live in Sisaket and have done for 5 months now. I live in a 2 bed town house in a secure estate. it costs me 4,000 a month and we like it. It is big enough for my family of 4 and the neighbours are freindly , along with the guards.

I looked for other housing, and though you could get cheaper I like the fact that my house is relatively new and secure. I am also not far from the centre of town. We looked at 2 other properies that would have suited (plus lots that would not have) both were bungalows one the same price , and very nice, but bought before we could move in. The other was 3,000 but smaller and grubbier. the thing is that if you put work into a property by cleaning it up or doing a bit of renovation the owner should either, reduce the rent or give you rent free for a while. If you can do this great, I had a friend spend 35,000 and get rent free for a year.

I actually teach here, but no next to nothing of other schools. I teach in anubhan Sisaket, the school is very nice but as I do not know your son's circumstances it is difficult to give advice. My son is 4 and was raised in the UK so speaks very little Thai (just what he has learned over here). I think ypu may need to look at different schools to see what you and your missus think.

If you have any further questions PM me and I will do all I can to help

Cheers

Neil

Hi there..

I'm moving to Sisaket (More near Si Rattana just south 35KM from Mueng Sisaket) and was wondering how you found your place to rent. I would like to find something further south but it doesn't look like there are any developments. 4000 baht sounds great. :) Please let me know

Thank you,

Thanks for that Neil , my Mrs and son are actually going up to Sisaket next week for about a month and i have asked her to make some enquiries regarding schooling in the area, i must say that at this stage moving up there is just one option that i am considering and the schooling side of it is or could be the biggest stumbling block as i really don't want my son taught in a 50+ class of only Thai kids and would want something considerably better for him even if i have to open the wallet a bit wider to achieve that.

As far as the housing side of it goes, i would initially be looking to rent so thanks for giving me an idea of rental prices but ultimately will probably buy them a place up there so they will always have somewhere to live come what may in the future.

My son is half Thai/English born in Sisaket where her family is from and is just over 2, so speaks very little at the moment but i would hope in the future be fluent in both English and Thai, you say your 4 year old has been raised in the UK, where do you send him to school? and do they teach them English there?

cheers Ken

Hi, as Nei hal already mentioned, ( regards to Roi-Et!!) the Anuban Sisaket is the best school for your child, to be honest. I'm staying here for about 10 years and I think I know the town and schools pretty well. They start at Kindergarten with EP, they had to drop the 30,000 baht down to 17,000 now for one year at the EP section. Another opportunity would be Marlie school, but it's a Christian one and the quality of English won't be the same.

The rest isn't really worth to talk about.

Regarding a place to stay, I'd reckon to stay in Sisaket for a few days at a hotel and you'll find a suitable place for you and your family very fast. Not knowing if you've got funriture and so on.

. If I hear of a good place I'll page you the address and phone number.

There's a Tesco, Macro, Big C now and Sisaket is much cheaper than tourist destinations. And after some years you'll also realize that the ocean is only 570 km away from your hometown.

Jindee Dhon Laab. Welcome to Sisaket.......................:jap:

Edited by sirchai