New Years Eve!?

marky_tool

xmas and the new year are usually pretty crazy times..

but where should i go the full moon party at koh phan ang is not till the 14 of jan do they have a new years party??? is it big somebody please tell me im having real trouble trying to find out if its worth going or not. or any info on new years eve in thailand at all

thanks

Ive never spent a New Year anywhere here but Koh Samui. However im sure wherever you go, if you are with the right people and in a good mood for it you will have a good time.

Plus on Koh Pha Nang you have the beach and the bars, so there is a big difference between both places.

By the way - top marks for forward planning!

koh samui is an island near koh phan ang isnt it? eh i gotta get some maps

im in perth australia and dont really know what the ###### im doing all i know is im going on a tour that starts every wednsay from bangkok and i im only gonna have a couple of days to get to where i want to be for new years.

Full Moon Party  is running on the length of Had Rin beach, catering for 8000 to 12,000 punters in low season, 15,000 to 20,000 in high season and up to 30,000 at New Year. Within this transient crowd of party animals some highly talented DJ's pass through, banging out their wares to the raging lunar explorers that have landed on planet party.

well , yes FMP is on 14th Jan , but do you know, for special holiday as Newyear ..it has party also ..and people there is much more normal FMP

for me, i have never been in Koh Phagnan ..but always in BKK in New Year EVE , methinks..it has nothing in BKK.... ok just party in pubs , Countdown at Central world Plaza ..nothing special , you can find anyplace in the world for party like that whenever -where ever no need to wait for New Year

if i was you, i would go somewhere far away from the capital ..and must be somewhere island for sure ..and maybe Koh Phangan

Bambi :o

Edited by BambinA

marky,

I've done Phang gan, Samui and Bangkok for New Years Eve they've all got something different to offer:

Bkk hustle and bustle it's like being in the stand up section of a crowded football stadium! but good fun.

Samui was good at The Green Mango in Chawaeng a real tourist place and like a town centre on a spanking Saturday night out but with more ladies!

Phang Ngan was off the scale if you like all things fun sex, drugs and music.. it is my favourite one! to dance all night on a beach under the wonderful stars and have a whole lot of fun with everyone!

Book early to get a nice room near the beach we ended up in a shack 1/2 an hour from the main beach, gettting home was a bit of trouble as most tourist don't know where they're going and they're smashed. Luckily I had the Thai skills to get me home. I had to direct the driver the other people in the Songtoa i left them to their own devices.. they're probaly still being driven around now....