Import Myself..?

justaphase

I tried so hard myself, :annoyed: been there, tried it everyway but loose to sending in bits to hiding the bike in a lead blanket they have it covered everyway, :blink: most certainly not worth it, you can get near enough what you want here in Thailand.

Maybe you can get somebody to do an airdrop for you. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by Kwasaki

I think the general concensus is that it is a waste of time and very expensive...

Now- thais take them from japan and they manage to do it so we should be able to as well...

Take it inn as parts seems to be the best way to go- but no book!

Good luck

I think the general concensus is that it is a waste of time and very expensive...

Now- thais take them from japan and they manage to do it so we should be able to as well...

Take it inn as parts seems to be the best way to go- but no book!

Good luck

I know a guy who imported a Merc in bits to avoid the tax and had to leave in a hurry when excise caught up with him. Only go this route if your sure of getting a good book.

Or you visa run the bike. Import it as a tourist, that is, bike enters Thailand with a temp permit. Then do a border run every X months (I think it's 6 - not sure) and pay the 2,000 baht max. fine for overstaying.

A friend of mine does this with 2 bikes. I think personally, I'd probably rather get a legal Kawa. It depends... I guess it would be more worth it for a new bike which you can get for 50% or less of the Thai price...

I have a Kawasaki 2009 KLR 650. They are made in Thailand, but never sold here because of the engine size (I guess).

How would customs and import duty be on something that orinally came from Thailand?

The other dual sport bike I have is the Aprilia CapoNord, but there I can get a temp import paper in Singapore and will be good for a year, then a long ride to get another for it.

Major hassle but can be done for ballpark 120k on a decent sized bike.. Thats AFTER it gets here and you pay the import duty as a whole or bits.

The easy way is to ship it to Port Klang and just ride the thing in, either visa running it or just going rogue. Theres a cheap roro to PK and really say you lost a 1500 quid bike after a few years of use, your not out big money.