Haggis

buckeye

About three years ago they sold them in Rimping, but, I confess, I haven't seen them since. Edinburgh may well turn out to be your nearet bet!! Or Hong Kong of course!!!

That`s correct, I saw haggises at the Rimping, the river branch, must have been about 2 or 3 years ago.

Perhaps that was a one off, but worth keeping those eyes pealed, you never know what may turn up on the shelves next, this is Thailand.

They may run wild at the the top of doi inthanon like they do in scotland, look for a bird running clockwise round the mountain with one leg shorter than the other :D

Used to love haggis spotting in my kiddy days. Nature gave them those fantastic legs for scooting around the mountains.

Awesome that they have them in Doi Inthanon. Wonder how long they have been there for, certainly cant be indigenous.

They may run wild at the the top of doi inthanon like they do in scotland, look for a bird running clockwise round the mountain with one leg shorter than the other :D

Used to love haggis spotting in my kiddy days. Nature gave them those fantastic legs for scooting around the mountains.

Awesome that they have them in Doi Inthanon. Wonder how long they have been there for, certainly cant be indigenous.

Does anyone know when the open-season is, for hunting wild haggis locally, or are they on the endangered-species list, like the very-rare Oomy-Gooly Bird ? :o

How hard would it be to just make from scratch? Burns Night coming up right.. Olde Belle could give it a shot..

Chas from Tuskers made them from scratch a couple of years back, it was the most disgusting Haggis I've ever tasted :bah:

Nothing against Chas or Tuskers [rip] by the way an excellent host and a much missed drinking venue.

Maybe if there was enough demand the Sausage King could knock up something?

How hard would it be to just make from scratch? Burns Night coming up right.. Olde Belle could give it a shot..

Chas from Tuskers made them from scratch a couple of years back, it was the most disgusting Haggis I've ever tasted :bah:

Nothing against Chas or Tuskers [rip] by the way an excellent host and a much missed drinking venue.

Maybe if there was enough demand the Sausage King could knock up something?

I believe it is against, or is that agin? the Haggis Breeding Society rules to allow Haggi to be 'knocked up' by King Sausages! Only Black Pudding are allowed this offal pleasure.

My mother use to send them over in the post. Alot of them got lost, pretty sure the customs are scoffing them when they arrive in Bangkok.mad.gif

Anyways Ive started making my very own square sausage (Lorne Sausage), its dead easy and the ingreients are readily available in Chiang Mai, beautiful between two slices of bread, spread with Lurpak, its called a square sausage piece in Glasgow and offcourse you have to put HP Daddy Broon Sauce on it, mmmm im off too make one right now infact.

Next Im going to try my own haggis and black pudding, this will be slightly harder.

Ive got the missus trained how to make a fish supper. Get the Pacific Dori from Tops in the Airport Plaza this makes good fish supper, she's made her own batter and knows to put it into the chip pan when it gets hot as @£$% comes out nice and crispy. Chips are hame made, i peel them myself tae the right size, no too big, no too smaw'.

Now tae make yer chippy broon sauce, find a cheap brown sause fae somewhere and mix it with vinegar 70/30 and chuck it on everything, close yer eyes when yer scoffin' it and you'll here bagpipes.jap.gif

PS forgot to mention, ye hav tae eat aw' this on newspaper or it jist disnae taste the samethumbsup.gif

Happy Burns night tae yeez aw' on Tuesdaydrunk.gif

Edited by 111tingtong

recipe for Haggis

I goggled it.

Haggis

This is an authentic recipe from Scotland and the ingredients and methods of cooking may be unfamiliar but we hope you enjoy the results.

Ingredients

• 1 sheep's stomach or ox secum, cleaned and thoroughly, scalded, turned inside out and soaked overnight in cold salted water
  • heart and lungs of one lamb
  • 450g/1lb beef or lamb trimmings, fat and lean
  • 2 onions, finely chopped
  • 225g/8oz oatmeal
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 1 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp ground dried coriander
  • 1 tsp mace
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • water, enough to cook the haggis
  • stock from lungs and trimmings

I will pass on it.

People talk about making it themselves. Might be hard to find all the makings fresh.

recipe for Haggis

I goggled it.

Haggis

This is an authentic recipe from Scotland and the ingredients and methods of cooking may be unfamiliar but we hope you enjoy the results.

Ingredients

• 1 sheep's stomach or ox secum, cleaned and thoroughly, scalded, turned inside out and soaked overnight in cold salted water
  • 225g/8oz oatmeal
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 1 tsp mace
  • 1 tsp nutmeg

I will pass on it.

People talk about making it themselves. Might be hard to find all the makings fresh.

Aaaauchh youve spolied it by printin' that, it sounds disgusting but believe me its magic, 5 million Scots cant be wrong, can they?

Here's a video

recipe for Haggis

I goggled it.

Haggis

Ingredients

• 225g/8oz oatmeal
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 1 tsp mace
  • 1 tsp nutmeg

I will pass on it.

Aaaauchh youve spolied it by printin' that, it sounds disgusting but believe me its magic, 5 million Scots cant be wrong, can they?

Here's a video

Over 1,000,000,000 Chinese don't eat it can they be wrong.:sorry:

I read this to be sure I wouldn't accidentally enter any premises where Haggis might be found. I guess I'm haggisphobic.

After reading the ingredients I am defiantly haggisphobic.:D

Yeah, haggis, a "food" best kept deep, deep in the CLOSET well out of view of respectable God fearing people. Don't ask, don't tell about what's IN it either!

I'm trying to imagine the Scot that invented Haggis - male or female? Drunk or sober? On the other hand, waste not, want not.

Then I'm trying to envision those who ate it and passed it on into tradition. A hardy breed in those days. Rather surprising they didn't defeat the English all the time.

recipe for Haggis

I goggled it.

Haggis

Ingredients

• 225g/8oz oatmeal
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 1 tsp mace
  • 1 tsp nutmeg

I will pass on it.

Here's a video

Over 1,000,000,000 Chinese don't eat it can they be wrong.:sorry:

Some of the Chinese delicacies,

give me Haggis, neeps and tatties any day dude:

OX Penis - mmmmm

oxpenis-tm.jpg?w=173&h=250

Rats - lovely

rats-tm.jpg?w=250&h=200

And of course the old favourite.....Monkey Brains

01-table-tm.jpg?w=250&h=250Pass the salt mum

Edited by 111tingtong

I read this to be sure I wouldn't accidentally enter any premises where Haggis might be found. I guess I'm haggisphobic.

After reading the ingredients I am defiantly haggisphobic.:D

Yeah, haggis, a "food" best kept deep, deep in the CLOSET well out of view of respectable God fearing people. Don't ask, don't tell about what's IN it either!

Intrepid foodies will know a well made Haggis tastes a helluva lot better than Lutefisk.

May be the much publicised Pun Pun will be putting on a Burns Night supper.

Haggis, Neeps and Tatties + a fine Dram.

g

Mmmmm. That does sound good. Except for the haggis...

(and, yes, I HAVE eaten it. I was married to a Scottish lass in Aberdeen.)