Fancy To Die In A Minivan?

swisstouristpattaya

if you want kill someone, the best way is to offer to your worst enemy a 2 ways ticket from pattaya to bangkok with the company in front of the com building.

-speeding

-slaloming

-0.1 seconds between vehicles (when on the road, they paint dots to space traffic)

-calling on cellphone

-texting

-etc

this is the last time I travel with these murders(I sit in front and I had to argue with the driver.his answer:" o, this the way we drive here, I drive always like this",f...moron!!!!), and I'm warning you, if you want live a long life, avoid them at all cost.

take the big bus instead even if it takes 30 minutes more.

Edited by Rimmer
8) Not to post extremely negative views of Thailand or derogatory comments directed towards all Thais.

No the retards are the tight wads that pay to travel on them :D

You get what you pay for here. Take a larger bus, a train or fly. It is up to you how you get from A to B here. I never take a mini bus anywhere, avoid buses unless a must and am never in a rush to get anywhere. Trains are good but tend to stick to the motorbike. ;)

No the retards are the tight wads that pay to travel on them biggrin.gif

You get what you pay for here. Take a larger bus, a train or fly. It is up to you how you get from A to B here. I never take a mini bus anywhere, avoid buses unless a must and am never in a rush to get anywhere. Trains are good but tend to stick to the motorbike. wink.gif

How strange! I don't think I've ever seen a train stuck to a motorbike. I can't see how it could happen with such a size mismatch.

(Sorry, couldn't resist having some fun with your little typo. I'm sure we all know what you mean -- You stick to using a motorbike for your main means of transport.)

Edited by Wavefloater

Call yourself lucky mate.I once had the opportunity to experience a similar ride while sitting on the front seat behind the driver who drove with the same attitude...........................only difference with me was that it was a 50 seater coach on a 10 hour trip from Chiang mai to Bangkok.

Some of them are OK, i hired one at 2500/day to take some of my friends/family around for a few days last year, the driver could not have been nicer.

But yes there are too many bad apples in that game, a good place to witness the idiots is by the temple at Huay Yai any morning around 7, 7.30 am, Border visa runs heading for the 331 i would guess, even though the same busses travel the same route every day they still try to overtake on the outside of the corner at the temple?? and 99 times out of a 100 they are met by a ten wheel truck blaring the horn, it would be comical if it were not so serious!

I fully agree with swisstouristpattaya. This "professional", I like say frequent schedduled Van driver are the biggest danger for passenger and other participants in the trafik. I talk from this bus Van driver Hua-Hin - Victory Monument BKK - Hua Hin. They are schedduled all 20 minutes and it seem the driver is paid at the number of trip he can succeed daily!!!

Is it Karma? Just because I was lazy, first time after 5 years I use a Van because I had only a short visit in my Embassy. I drive 44 years without accident, I would never drive as this very very young (maybe without driver license) drive if I have my car full of passengers. They don't respect any law or rather they don't know it? Never again with disco music in the Van to Bangkok and safe because cheap trip of 180 Bath.

Yes Karma!!! Just such driver hit me 1 week later, he come with overspeed, hang on the phone, and see me to late.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/429185-regulatory-sign-thailand/

It seen in any case the driver is protected by the local police and hit a farang welcome. NO securing of evidence, no interest check the point of accident as length of braking distance to calculate the speed of the Van driver and many other more inconveniences.

By this, don't use this schedduled Van's and avoid them if you see them on road !!! :jap:

So how do you get them to behave? Offer a 500 baht tip if you get there without being terrified? Put a cup of water on the dashboard and say "if its still full at Swampy you get 500 baht"?

I guess the key here is offer money and a clear set of rules. 3 seconds to car in front. Let suicide drivers pass and no speeding or running red lights... Problem is, you can pay the driver, but not the other lunatics that share the road...

So how do you get them to behave? Offer a 500 baht tip if you get there without being terrified? Put a cup of water on the dashboard and say "if its still full at Swampy you get 500 baht"?

I guess the key here is offer money and a clear set of rules. 3 seconds to car in front. Let suicide drivers pass and no speeding or running red lights... Problem is, you can pay the driver, but not the other lunatics that share the road...

More safe: don't use them = no money, no money = no car, no car = no silly Van driver on road!!! :whistling:

I cannot compare the minivan from Bkk to Pattaya, but I can compare the minivan from Bkk to Hua Hin vs. the bus to Pattaya. The minivan back from Hua Hin to Bkk was a horror ride. The driver stopped several places to load people and luggage on the van, to the point where the luggage was packed so high in the rear that if he had to slam on the brakes, it would all have shot forward at the speed of light. On the other hand, I took the bus from Bkk (mo chit) to Pattaya, and it was a wonderful, safe trip. To top it off, the woman across the isle from me immediately got on her cell, and was jabbering away from the moment we left the station in a loud voice, and the attendant (not the driver) came back and told her no cell phone conversations on the bus. I wanted to give the attendant A hug (but I didn't). In my opinion these minivans are an accident waiting to happen.

I cannot compare the minivan from Bkk to Pattaya, but I can compare the minivan from Bkk to Hua Hin vs. the bus to Pattaya. The minivan back from Hua Hin to Bkk was a horror ride. The driver stopped several places to load people and luggage on the van, to the point where the luggage was packed so high in the rear that if he had to slam on the brakes, it would all have shot forward at the speed of light. On the other hand, I took the bus from Bkk (mo chit) to Pattaya, and it was a wonderful, safe trip. To top it off, the woman across the isle from me immediately got on her cell, and was jabbering away from the moment we left the station in a loud voice, and the attendant (not the driver) came back and told her no cell phone conversations on the bus. I wanted to give the attendant A hug (but I didn't). In my opinion these minivans are an accident waiting to happen.

There are some bus drivers that drive extremely reckless too. Last year I was lucky enough to catch a ride where the driver and some other buses where driving extremely close to each other. It felt like less then a meter to the bus in front all the way from Swampy to Pattaya, complete with the slalom driving too. I guess they wanted to save fuel, but if anything happened there would have been a pileup of buses and international news. Not to mention that driving this close to another vehicle there is no way to see traffic ahead and plan for more then the next 0.1 seconds...

Then again I've been victim to the mini-van-maniacs too. Complete with the over stacked luggage, too many passengers and reckless driving. I wouldnt touch pickup-services with a shared minivan. At least when you rent a taxi or minivan you can somewhat control the driver trough bribes.

I won't use them. Of all the idiots I see driving on 4 wheels, it's usually minivans who are driving the most reckless.

Neither will I nor will most of my friends. We travel to Bkk often but now take the airport bus from Jomtien and use the rail link from Suvarnabhumi to the BTS. It costs a bit more but is more comfortable and undoubtedly safer.

No the retards are the tight wads that pay to travel on them :D

You get what you pay for here. Take a larger bus, a train or fly. It is up to you how you get from A to B here. I never take a mini bus anywhere, avoid buses unless a must and am never in a rush to get anywhere. Trains are good but tend to stick to the motorbike. ;)

Sepetemnber 2004 My very first trip to Thailand I pre-arranged a Mini Van from the Thai Airlines from Donnie airport. It was older, crowded, filled with tourists with a lot more baggage than I had (I just bring a soft carry on). The drive was during the day. Can't say it was the best. Since then I have taken the bus, with a few exceptions of a taxi at night if I got in late. I like the big bus. Either took Bell Bus or if going to Bangkok sometimes I take the Bus to Ekami, depending on my travel plans.

I have had my share of drivers named "satan", and others that seem determined to test their theories of the afterlife. Big AC bus is my favorite choice. I like trains, but when landing at Suvi, but the 2 hour direct bus ride is much easier than hookiing up with the train to pattaya.