Just Wondering About Visa

Hmmm ,

So travelling to Penang in Malaysia for another one year O may be a more likely option than getting an extension of stay within Thailand , and then I wouldnt need 400 K in a Thai bank account . Would there be any extra requirements there , even if it appeared to be a " marriage of convenience " ?

I really will not get married for " convenience " ! but just in case I am not working at the time of re-newal , its nice to know the best option well in advance . I will have some income from property and hope to have a job too , but you never can tell ......

By the way , where is the office in BKK for extension of stays , Suan Plu ?

Thanks again ,

Sadako

I'd like to change my non-imm. 'B' to an non- imm.'O' without leaving the country or without going to Bkk.  I'd like to know:

Can I do this in Nong Khai?

How many days before my application should I have the 400,00 baht transfered from the UK to the Thai bank?

Get the form “Application for Visa Status Alteration. (TM.86)” from your local immigration office. They will take your application – I gather for “support Thai wife” – and if necessary forward it to Bangkok for approval.

Remit the money from UK to Thailand at any time before submitting your application. With your application, you will have to show proof of the money being in your account, i.e. don’t spend it all before that date.

If you continue to be a working man (work permit) and submit documents to show that your monthly salary is at least THB 40,000, you won’t need to bring in money from abroad.

I'd like to change my non-imm. 'B' to an non- imm.'O' without leaving the country or without going to Bkk.  I'd like to know:

Can I do this in Nong Khai?

How many days before my application should I have the 400,00 baht transfered from the UK to the Thai bank?

Get the form “Application for Visa Status Alteration. (TM.86)” from your local immigration office. They will take your application – I gather for “support Thai wife” – and if necessary forward it to Bangkok for approval.

Remit the money from UK to Thailand at any time before submitting your application. With your application, you will have to show proof of the money being in your account, i.e. don’t spend it all before that date.

If you continue to be a working man (work permit) and submit documents to show that your monthly salary is at least THB 40,000, you won’t need to bring in money from abroad.

Brilliant Maestro. :o

I also like you avatar - simple, but it says it all.