Where To Find Fresh Mozzarella And Ricotta Cheese

wintermute

Anyone know a good retail store or supplier that sells fresh mozzarella or ricotta cheese? I know about homemade cheese co. but it appears they only deliver in a limited area in Bangkok.

I've checked the usual expat marts and there's no fresh mozz but plenty of questionable looking ricotta on display.

you know where the old River Fort is on the Phra Sumen / Phra Aathit road ? There across from the old fort, right next to the 7/11, is an Italian Restaurant. They serve fresh mozzarella with tomatoes - Called Caprese - my suggestion, you might try your luck and ask the Chef

• 4 months later...

Actually HomeMade-Cheese Co. make great Ricotta, i don't think they have Mozzarella, but i tried their local ricotta cheese and it is very good much better then the imported once, since its a very fresh cheese.

I know the other local brand Del Casero u can buy their products in the supermarkets but its not as good.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Actually HomeMade-Cheese Co. make great Ricotta, i don't think they have Mozzarella, but i tried their local ricotta cheese and it is very good much better then the imported once, since its a very fresh cheese.

I know the other local brand Del Casero u can buy their products in the supermarkets but its not as good.

I don't know about the homemade cheese co but I tried the Del Casero and I thought it was very good. It was made from whey, which is the authentic way to make Ricotta. (actually 98 percent whey and yes, i know that originally ricotta was made from sheep's whey). So it tastes quite different from the ricotta those of us from the USA are accustomed to. It has a very delicate flavor.

• 9 months later...

Ricoota and cottage cheese are both made from Whey that is left from making other cheese and are probably the richest in protein source from all dairy products and great for athletes, one thing you need to check is that they are made of milk only and no powders or stabilizers.

Better then any protein powder is to buy fresh real ricotta or cottage

Ricoota and cottage cheese are both made from Whey that is left from making other cheese and are probably the richest in protein source from all dairy products and great for athletes, one thing you need to check is that they are made of milk only and no powders or stabilizers.

Better then any protein powder is to buy fresh real ricotta or cottage

Actually, cottage cheese is made from the curds. It's ricotta that is made from the whey.

Edited by butterisbetter

Most Big C supermarkets stock fresh mozz along with all the other cheeses. I suggest you taking a look at the plastic containers in the cheese sections. I usually pick up Caroline brand fresh mozzarella (http://www.carolinecheese.com/webpage/fresh_product.html), which is about 80 or 90 baht for 100g. It's made by a Thai producer, so the taste isn't very rich, but it's fine for caprese salad or on a pizza magherita. Hope that helps.

Most Big C supermarkets stock fresh mozz along with all the other cheeses. I suggest you taking a look at the plastic containers in the cheese sections. I usually pick up Caroline brand fresh mozzarella (http://www.carolinecheese.com/webpage/fresh_product.html), which is about 80 or 90 baht for 100g. It's made by a Thai producer, so the taste isn't very rich, but it's fine for caprese salad or on a pizza magherita. Hope that helps.

One question, if i can...

which is the reason who make people buyng something like the product you described?

"taste isn't very rich...!

and if taste is like you described... why use it for to prepare a Caprese...?

I mean... Caprese have just two ingredients... Mozzarella and Tomatoes... if one isn't fine... what do you eat for what?whistling.gif

Curious, just curious...

wai2.gif

• 2 weeks later...