Anyone Stayed At The Honey Inn

gharknes

thinking of booking this for a week while a find somewhere to rent, is it OK

It has been a long time since I stayed there. It was in poor repair, hot water did not work, and the rooms were kind of dirty.

But as I say a long time 8 or 9 years now.

If you find a place that meets your budget just ask to see the room first :D

I would recomend Federal Hotel Soi 11 Sukumvit, around 700B ask for a discount for a weeks stay they usualy will offer something.

:o

Stayed there in June for the first time but won't bother again.

its cheap - but for a reason.

Rooms pretty dated and nothing special. And you try sleeping with those Soi Dogs howling ALL night outside (if sleeping is what you want to do of course) :o

There are much better places to stay in the area - just book one night and then have a look around.

I like Soi Diana at the side of Kiss restaurant - good selection of places and good value

Flipper House Soi 7 is an excellent hotel 700 baht a night, can be booked on the internet. If you do book on the internet when they send you the cost per night whatever it is send an E mail back and ask for a discount. They will lower the price. Excellent service rooftop pool, centraly located.

Barry

What a lot of negative posts for a very friendly hotel!

Massage next door - very friendly also.

Bars across the Soi - very friendly.

You can find a friend (or friends) for the night without any exertion.

Of course, if you are a miserable git with an over-inflated opinion of yourself, you will not enjoy it - it's for fun, not sleep.

well I went and booked it for a week before I read this thread, not happy, I may be able to cancel, Flipper inn looks good, I'm sure I can cancel booking, paid with CC

god dam it

I had booked for a week, when i arrived and was dissapointed i left after one night to a cleaner place at the same rate.

I am still waiting for Sawasdee.com to reply to my 50 e-mail requests for refund.that was 8 months ago.

map bpen Rai.

well I went and booked it for a week before I read this thread, not happy, I may be able to cancel, Flipper inn looks good, I'm sure I can cancel booking, paid with CC

god dam it

That's the Flipper house on Soi 7. Remember thier are two Flipper Hotels Flipper Lodge on Soi 8 (Too Noisy), and Flipper House Soi 7 Very good. about your Visa, if the Honey inn or whatever agent you booked with does not answer your request or refuses to refund call your visa company and explain you have not used the service of that hotel yet, tried to cancel, and they refuse. Visa Guarentees evrything. They will take the charge off send you a form to fill out and then contact the agent. That's one of the reasons i use Visa. They are very good world wide.

Barry

god dam it

That's the Flipper house on Soi 7. Remember thier are two Flipper Hotels Flipper Lodge on Soi 8 (Too Noisy), and Flipper House Soi 7 Very good. about your Visa, if the Honey inn or whatever agent you booked with does not answer your request or refuses to refund call your visa company and explain you have not used the service of that hotel yet, tried to cancel, and they refuse. Visa Guarentees evrything. They will take the charge off send you a form to fill out and then contact the agent. That's one of the reasons i use Visa. They are very good world wide.

Barry

Update, I have obtained a refund from Sawadee Plc. / SamuiNET Travel, they have agreed to refund me 5 days of the 7 I had booked and prepaid wihich I am very happy with, they do have admin charges etc, better than nothing, I have also booked into the flipper house hotel for 750 baht per night, only thing they said was that it would be in the "old wing" anybody know what the old wing is referring too ?

Frm a friend of mine on another web-site :

I really enjoyed staying at Metro Apartments this year. In fact this will become my future venue of choice terminating my long relationship with the mighty Honey Inn. This is one of a number of new guest houses opened on the Soi connecting Soi Diana with Buakhao near the Honey junction (the same Soi where you find Lolita's). I think all these new places along the soi are fairly equivalent - all brand new and pristine with off season rate at 450 baht. The manager told me there seems to be a new place opening every week. Really great vibe is evolving....most of these joints have bars with a few bargirls. Seems Metro has the biggest and best bar so far with most life. Although the smaller Irish place next door seemed to have a great craic - after drinking with their manager; but I couldn't raise anyone to check in at midday (must have been sleeping off hangovers). anyway my Metro room was great and really comfy, large balcony on two sides.

So I highly recommend the place. Really loved the bar vibe, easy to make friends etc, and of course perfectluy situated for my needs. The disadvantages - no swimming pool and the tips of the pool cues are too large (could do with the fine tip cues they have at Pussy Galore).

450 baht/night (off season)

550 baht/night (high season)

Monthly rate on offer

Features:

Good aircon and hot shower

Great bed and romantic light dimmers etc

Cable TV and DVD player in each room

Each room has personal safe behind reception

Large bar

3 free pool tables

Free internet (one station in bar)

The best bit........half a dozen resident bargirls!

Metro Apartments

Soi I.K. Metro

Tel (bookings): 038 425 874

e-mail: [email protected]

god dam it

Barry

Update, I have obtained a refund from Sawadee Plc. / SamuiNET Travel, they have agreed to refund me 5 days of the 7 I had booked and prepaid wihich I am very happy with, they do have admin charges etc, better than nothing, I have also booked into the flipper house hotel for 750 baht per night, only thing they said was that it would be in the "old wing" anybody know what the old wing is referring too ?

There are two wings side by side. Send them an E mail back and tell them 750 baht is too much. What is the persons name that sent you a reply. Was it Mai? Anyway the new wing has much better rooms. When are you coming. The standard price is 600 baht per night for the old wing and 650 for the new wing unless you are coming in December. If that's the case tell them to put you on a waiting list for the new wing. Pattaya is dead now. They try and get the most money out of you.

Barry

There are two wings side by side. Send them an E mail back and tell them 750 baht is too much. What is the persons name that sent you a reply. Was it Mai? Anyway the new wing has much better rooms. When are you coming. The standard price is 600 baht per night for the old wing and 650 for the new wing unless you are coming in December. If that's the case tell them to put you on a waiting list for the new wing. Pattaya is dead now. They try and get the most money out of you.

Barry

Barry thanks for the reply, I have only booked 1 night, if you know someone there I would very much appriciate if you could drop a call on my behalf, here is a copy of email including sender, my booking is under the name Geoff Harkness

----------------------------------------------------------

Sinchai Wattanasatsaton [[email protected]]

Thank you very much for your e-mail, we would like to inform your booking room on period 2nd October 2005 - long stay (you can expext for us), for 1 standard room in the old wing, the room rate @750.- on room only/ per night, this room rate, we are already disc. for you, could you please return e-mial to us again if you would like to book a room and let us know about what time you will be arrive to pattaya sir.

Ps. We are thank you very for your friend he recommended our flipper house with you.

We are looking forward to receive your ereply soon.

Best regards.

Reservation dept.

---------------------------------------------

I don't know anyone in the hotel but I'm not going to get too excited over price but I am particular about room quality, if you know someone there could you give them a little call and make sure your friends are being looked after :o

owe you a pint or 3 :D