Newer Petrol Performance Cars Vs Gasohol

bkmbkk

If / When petrol 91 goes out what do you guys with newer turbo charged petrol cars run on ?

I'm thinking on cars like vw golf gti / R , Nissan Z 350/370 , Subaru Wrx and other popular cars in that class - will they run on gasohol ?

As most of these cars are imported by paralell import ,it's like taking a big chance buying a car like that - as I see it.

If we are only fed gasohol in the near future I guess it is a big issue when buying a new/newer car, especially paralell imported cars where there is no dealer network to guarantee.

What is your points on that issue ?

I'm using the Golf GTI '06, been told by the dealer that it's exclusivly run on V-power 95, only at shells. Kinda sucks big time. However some dealer that i've called (outside BKK), told me that gasohol 95 would do just fine. I guess it depends on the person, for me, I would stick to v-power just to be save. Saveing a couple of baht per liter is not worthing fixing an engine.

I really wish that they kept 'straight up' 95, with subsidized prizes.

On that note, does anyone have a clue of the differences between v-power 95 and gasohol 95?

Edited by mic6ard

>>On that note, does anyone have a clue of the differences between v-power 95 and gasohol 95?

http://www.shell.co.th/home/content/tha-en/products_services/on_the_road/fuels/shell_vpower_gasohol_95/

IIRC, shell v power was 6% ethanol a few months ago when I looked at above website, but now it's 10%. I'm guessing the difference is the "A unique formulation that contains components selected for their ability to help deliver more power, improved acceleration and enhanced responsiveness." blurb, although shell itself doesn't really say.

>>On that note, does anyone have a clue of the differences between v-power 95 and gasohol 95?

http://www.shell.co....wer_gasohol_95/

IIRC, shell v power was 6% ethanol a few months ago when I looked at above website, but now it's 10%. I'm guessing the difference is the "A unique formulation that contains components selected for their ability to help deliver more power, improved acceleration and enhanced responsiveness." blurb, although shell itself doesn't really say.

I know that's why I'm wonder if it's a scam by shell to get us to pay more for the 'premium' stuff. Cos in my understanding, gasohol are petrol with 10% ethanol anyway, right? <_<