Growth

The Gentleman Scamp

What will ThaiVisa be like in ten years time?

I want aims and intentions from Pat n' George, intentions from the mods and guesses from the members.

It's getting so big, there are so many new forums and it just keeps on growing, though if it gets too big it could put people off in the same way as China is too big and with so much to see it almost puts me off as I'm spoilt for choice.

It's all good though and Bedlam, Food and HKK have been a sucess, although HKK has put Fun/Expat life in the shade somewhat but who cares.

Keep up the good work and fresh ideas such as the members party.

Was that a big enough sucess to justify planning a second?

What will ThaiVisa be like in ten years time?

/quote]

I'm guessing that a message board such as this one would be replaced by a newer communciation technology. Some of you may remember Soc.Culture.Thai that is the first "board" via the Internet. Now only archived FAQ's from that have survived......

I'm envisaging a website with direct cyber-implants into the cerebral cortex saving the need for broadband.

This will permit The Moog 2015 topics like...

'I am feeling incredibly creative (post 2012 London Olympics) but I haven't actually written any short stories/screenplays/symphonies in the last decade, however I eat grasshoppers'

:o

(I put a smily, that means I can say anything iconoclastic)

though if it gets too big it could put people off in the same way as China is too big

Yes the People's Republic of China = big.

More than a billion souls. Good spot.

Edited by The_Moog

Virtual TV in 10yrs time - full interaction with the members.  :D

Brit you've gotta get Ice Maiden off your mind dude. :D

Funnily enough on a bus today I thought about this, actually thirty years in the future was my thought but then I thought what a 'crap topic' coz some of you would be pushing up the roses and its all a bit morbid thinking that I myself would be using thaivisa when I'm 58 as well. :o

Kind of scary I think like the Scamp, I should add I was extremely bored. :D

Hows China dude? Been Chunking Mansions in Hong Kong yet?

I reckon there will be new and interesting threads like...

- How much Sin Sot should I pay?

- Is the beautiful bird I met for ten minutes and a shag outside a Nana Disc last holiday keeping faithful with the $50 a month I send her? Can I trust her?

- Is Thailand really a paradise?

- I is 52, have no monnie, no qualifithingies, no work experience, no assets - how do I get a Visa? Can I get a teecherz job?

- How comes Buffalos look so sturdy an animal and yet they seem to get sick so much?

...er, maybe not :o

wolf5370

In 10 yrs time I'd quite like the pantheon of handles to encyclicize all 'wolf' derivatives.

Which one are you? You must be the hetero one,

I get confused with all the others, 'Gay Wolfy' 'Asiawolf' 'Wolfoowolf' 'Moderator Wolf-ee" 'Wolf the Wolfy wolf'

AAAOOOOOO

I just clicked onto a certain rude site (accidentally of course) and got some growth..  :o

totster  :D

Can someone send Totster over to barladies.com, every other post is about his nether regions. If it weren't for naughty nigel he'd have balls like watermelons. :D

6 weeks now is it Totster? :D

Edited by bkkmadness

wolf5370

In 10 yrs time I'd quite like the pantheon of handles to encyclicize all 'wolf' derivatives.

I get confused with all the others, 'Gay Wolfy' 'Asiawolf' 'Wolfoowolf' 'Moderator Wolf-ee" 'Wolf the Wolfy wolf'

AAAOOOOOO

MOOG ... I like it when you drink and post. Have another one ... go on!!!!! :o

I envision that in 10 years time most of us (in Bkk at least) will have finally gotten internet that is actually Hi-Speed.

your taking things too far, you need to be more realistic in your thinking!

this idea is just too radical to ever materialise and i suspect you are right on the edge of sanity to be even considering publishing such claims.

I reckon there will be new and interesting threads like...

- How much Sin Sot should I pay?

- Is the beautiful bird I met for ten minutes and a shag outside a Nana Disc last holiday keeping faithful with the $50 a month I send her? Can I trust her?

- Is Thailand really a paradise?

- I is 52, have no monnie, no qualifithingies, no work experience, no assets - how do I get a Visa? Can I get a teecherz job?

- How comes Buffalos look so sturdy an animal and yet they seem to get sick so much?

...er, maybe not  :o

Don't forget:

- The b@stards at the UK embassy won't give my bird a visa to come back to dodgerland. Even though I was dressed in my best singlet and her in her nicest mini-skirt, they still wouldn't beleive that our 3 week relationship was genuine.

wolf5370

AAAOOOOOO

...But I was the first one, sniff :o (and, yes, the straight one) - check the joining date. I would like to get rid of the others too!!!

<=== Joined: 2003-03-13

Edited by wolf5370

wolf5370

AAAOOOOOO

...But I was the first one, sniff :o (and, yes, the straight one) - check the joining date. I would like to get rid of the others too!!!

<=== Joined: 2003-03-13

That was many moons ago wolf5370, stop yer howling and sniffling, or you'll be reported to the TV dept of un-wolf like activities :D . Since you joined, a plague of lupus does seem to have permeated TV. Perhaps the full moon thing (combined with the lunar effects of chang) explains this phenom but wassup with all the "dudes" lately??? (just plain chang influenced?) :D

Ok, 10 years time? ThaiVisa will be in the new/new oxford dictionary as a sub heading under "TV"... Also, a "TV dinner" may have a sub heading (ie, see also "pissup") Any others come to mind??? :D

Edited by baht&sold