Airport Link To Ramkhamhaeng, Then Thonglor

billp

I'm planning to take the ARL City Line from BKK to Ramkhamhaeng, then a taxi to Thonglor soi 8, at around 10:00 on a Sunday morning. Is there any reason why this may not be a good idea?

Anyone know where it's best to catch a taxi onto Petchaburi Road from the ARL station?

You would probably catch a cab out the front of Ramkhamhaeng station or maybe the east side of Ramkhamhaeng Rd. The taxi would then turn right onto Petchaburi. It would probably take about 5 minutes to get to Thonglor.

Have a look on google maps.

Did exactly that route late on Friday night, Airport Link to Ramkhamhaeng, 30 Baht, walked across the road and picked up a taxi outside the Nasa Vegas hotel to Thonglor, 60 Baht, very quick and easy.

Would have caught a cab from the airport but it was busy with many flights arriving, including my packed A380, the taxi rank was heaving and due to the late hour, 23.50, there appeared to be no taxis dropping off. I caught the Airport Link at 00.00, probably the last one of the day.

Thanks very much, theolddigit, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

To the others: (1) no, I don't want to take a taxi all the way because I want to experiment with using the ARL, and (2) of course I looked on Google Maps and other, much better maps (because I actually consider Google Maps a steaming pile of inaccurate codswallop). I wanted to see if there was anyone here who had actually tried it - and there was, so thanks again.

Thanks very much, theolddigit, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

To the others: (1) no, I don't want to take a taxi all the way because I want to experiment with using the ARL, and (2) of course I looked on Google Maps and other, much better maps (because I actually consider Google Maps a steaming pile of inaccurate codswallop). I wanted to see if there was anyone here who had actually tried it - and there was, so thanks again.

Sorry for offering suggestions. I'll try and avoid it next time.

"I wanted to see if there was anyone here who had actually tried it". You should have mentioned that in your OP next time.