Daorung And Darasamut Schools

thaimekangaroodownsport

hi

i am moving to phuket soon with my 12 year old thai step daughter and looking for a school

we have visited both daorung and darasamut schools and both look nice enough but wonder if any parents out there have any comments about these 2 schools?

what is the teaching standard like? what are the kids like? which would you say is the better school or is there a better choice (excluding expensive international schools which i can't afford)?

also both are catholic but i'm not a fan of religion at all and my step daughter is bhudist. is Christianity a factor in either school?

thanks

MAYBE i can give you some ideas... my stepson is 11 years old and came to live with us in PHUKET FROM SURIN 2 YEARS AGO,,,,We looked around at prices and education etc and we decided on DAWROONG...we have no regrets...i go to pick him up from school many times.. and i look at the children behaving when they come out of school etc also the teachers and helpers.etc..

My overhaul opinion on the general standard of the school is good.....The end of term xmas concert was exellant..i have never seen such a well run and well performed perfomance as good as this..

the best part is the value for money school fee..it is aprox 15,000 bht for a full year payable 2 times ayear...GREAT VALUE..I can not talk about any of the other schools but both me and my GF are happy about our choice..my GF Familly are from a teaching background..

MAYBE i can give you some ideas... my stepson is 11 years old and came to live with us in PHUKET FROM SURIN 2 YEARS AGO,,,,We looked around at prices and education etc and we decided on DAWROONG...we have no regrets...i go to pick him up from school many times.. and i look at the children behaving when they come out of school etc also the teachers and helpers.etc..

My overhaul opinion on the general standard of the school is good.....The end of term xmas concert was exellant..i have never seen such a well run and well performed perfomance as good as this..

the best part is the value for money school fee..it is aprox 15,000 bht for a full year payable 2 times ayear...GREAT VALUE..I can not talk about any of the other schools but both me and my GF are happy about our choice..my GF Familly are from a teaching background..

thanks for the info. it looks like they have quite a strong emphasis on music and performance arts which will suit our daughter well

what about religion? is there anything catholic about the school?

thanks for the info. it looks like they have quite a strong emphasis on music and performance arts which will suit our daughter well

You dont even notice it.....its optional....

15,000 Baht for a full year payable in two installments of 7,500 Baht?

Bad post...is it 15,000B per year payable in two installments or 15,000B twice yearly? Forgive my confusion I went to public schools

It says in the post 15,000 Baht for a full year payable in 2 installments. I don't see how anybody can read that '15.000 Baht in 2 installments, 30,000 baht per year'.

Again forgive my confusion but got it now... when I said bad post I was referring to my post that was messed up.

It was obvious to me that your reference to 'bad post' referred to your post with no response to the quotes.

getting old sucks. Actually it was Stevenl that I thought misconstrued my reference to my fine posting non-abilities

Most kids in Dowrong are budhists. The school is catholic and you notice it by signs, statues and headmaster/some teachers catholic clothes.

I have had kids there. Did not find the academic level satisfying, took them six months to change fiveteen to fifteen in a couple of classrooms.

getting old sucks. Actually it was Stevenl that I thought misconstrued my reference to my fine posting non-abilities

No, I answered your question about the payment, I said nothing about your posting abilities.

Most kids in Dowrong are budhists. The school is catholic and you notice it by signs, statues and headmaster/some teachers catholic clothes.

I have had kids there. Did not find the academic level satisfying, took them six months to change fiveteen to fifteen in a couple of classrooms.

MAYBE thats the kids not the school....i am happy about the way my stepson has progressed

he has oppertunity to stay 1 hour after normal school to do extra work.. this term hes taking extra computer studies..before he took.english..then maths .. mind you we encourage him..hes getting more confident and becoming more self motivated...

MAYBE thats the kids not the school....i am happy about the way my stepson has progressed

he has oppertunity to stay 1 hour after normal school to do extra work.. this term hes taking extra computer studies..before he took.english..then maths .. mind you we encourage him..hes getting more confident and becoming more self motivated...

as the kids where moved to another school and achieved much more knowledge in shorter time, we considered it the school. Besides its the teachers insisting 6 months 15 is called and written fiveteen, not the kids :)

there are schools in Phuket with much lower level, and there are schools with much, much higher levels. For residents in parts of town, there are public schools available with better education than Dowrong.

For others, since most of the local public schools are of terrible quality, Dowrong is an acceptable low budget choise, as they accept students from all over the island

OP also has to consider the existing level for his 12 year old. In a higher quality school, kid will possibly be on level with 9 year old or younger and placed in such class. Thats boring for any kid.

Some informative previous threads on schools here in Phuket TV