The Pedophile Hunters

roamer

"The US agents tracking down sex tourists in Cambodia

By David Henshaw Producer, The Paedophile Hunters

Two young girls with a foreign man US agents rely on locals to provide information about suspect Americans

As part of an initiative to protect children from sexual predators, including those who travel overseas, special US agents operating in South East Asia have brought more than 80 alleged child sex tourists back to America to face justice...."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12298870

Interesting article about a program to be aired on BBC about countries such as the US, Canada and Australia going proactive on hunting down pedophiles in SE Asia and bringing them home to face trial.

That is good. The more that is done to prevent these people from abusing children, the better. I wonder is there a web site that we can see their mug shots? It would be a big plus if the normal Westerner or Thai could report these people to the Authorities.

Well done America. It is about time that this evil was stamped out.

I hope that this is just a start and is picked up and actioned by other countries.

Would it be wishful thinking that other low lives are made less comfortable here? A rogues gallery seems to be a good idea to help the good guys clean out the Augean stables..

More public money wasted by fools on insane witchhunts.

The only reason that governments have these hare-brained programmes is to take peoples minds off the catastrophic mis-management and criminal incompetence they are all guilty of.

You cant beat a good witch-burning for that.

The only reason that governments have these hare-brained programmes is to take peoples minds off the catastrophic mis-management and criminal incompetence they are all guilty of.

Are you worried ??

I consider any money spent on bringing these low-lifes to justice is money well spent.

That is good. The more that is done to prevent these people from abusing children, the better. I wonder is there a web site that we can see their mug shots? It would be a big plus if the normal Westerner or Thai could report these people to the Authorities.

A lot of countries have laws making it a crime to go abroad and have sex with minors. Suspects can be reported to their embassy or organizations like ECPAT, which has an office in Thailand and in many other countries.

Are you worried ??

About what?

Worried about Western economies (and entire societies for that matter) going to the dogs in a barrel of lies and deceit? Yes, very.

Worried about people being tarnished or worse by falling foul of an insane witchhunt through no fault of their own? Yes, certainly.

Worried about the midnight knock on the door? Not at all. Unless farting in the bath recently became illegal and no one told me.

It would not surprise if "they" branded Julian Assange a pedophile to add fuel to the witch hunt the wikileaks founder is finding himself in. Reminds me when the US of A were hunting communist in the 50's. :ph34r:

Are you worried ??

About what?

Worried about Western economies (and entire societies for that matter) going to the dogs in a barrel of lies and deceit? Yes, very.

Worried about people being tarnished or worse by falling foul of an insane witchhunt through no fault of their own? Yes, certainly.

Worried about the midnight knock on the door? Not at all. Unless farting in the bath recently became illegal and no one told me.

You sound worried.

You know that if someone thinks about or chats online with young kids and what they want to do with them, that is the first step and can be treated as perverse and not even reality as it is the internet and in your mind.

But if someone takes the next step and acts upon those thoughts or chats, then they enter a new phase where the real possibility of them offending takes place.....if they do not intened to do anything, as many claim, why take that next step and enter the real world.

You seem very worried for these people that take the next step......I just wonder why.

You sound worried.

You know that if someone thinks about or chats online with young kids and what they want to do with them, that is the first step and can be treated as perverse and not even reality as it is the internet and in your mind.

But if someone takes the next step and acts upon those thoughts or chats, then they enter a new phase where the real possibility of them offending takes place.....if they do not intened to do anything, as many claim, why take that next step and enter the real world.

You seem very worried for these people that take the next step......I just wonder why.

What exactly is this rambling nonsense? Did you even look at the link I included in my earlier post, or what I said about it?

You sound worried.

What exactly is this rambling nonsense? Did you even look at the link I included in my earlier post, or what I said about it?

Nawtier's invidious views are trully repellant. If you are not with him, then you are one of them. Nawtier's first post against you, that effectively accused you (Darrel) of being a paedophile was bad enough but his nasty insinuations have not abated. Of the first time on this forum I came close to reporting his posts for abuse, but I should think Darrel can make up his own mind. Darrel, there are many against these vapid witchhunts, that cause enormous damage to social relations.

Putting aside that the extension of sovereignty onto another country's criminal jsutice system is not simply patronizing but also provocative, I wish these nasty do-gooders with their wilfully manipulated views of the world would at least think of the damage they do. The ongoing angelification of children, which operates as an infantilisation process, is then compounded with the key gatekeeper to generational relations, the young mother, blocking access to children to all men, through a false fear of danger. Thankfully, these views have not spread to Thailand except among the Daily mail readers and their ilk.

Darrel, I am Spartacus.

Edited by Gaccha

Put me down as one U.S. taxpayer who greatly resents this misuse of U.S. funds. I don't want U.S. "law" enforcement personnel of any sort operating in any country other than the U.S. What will we teach them? Will we teach them that every stranger is a probable child molester, and we must all act accordingly. I'm dead set against it, just like I'm dead set against the U.S. DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) operating in Thailand. With that one, we'll teach them how to create a prison-industrial complex that guarantees good jobs for the half of society guarding the other imprisoned half. Thanks, but no thanks. There is plenty of police work to be done right here in the U.S. Let other countries do their own policing.

I read an NGO report in Manila many years ago that said that the majority of paedophile crimes are committed by locals, not by foreigners.

Coupled with the reported fact that the majority of child molestation cases take place within the family unit then there does appear to be a political motivation to this action, much like the war on drugs, or war on terror, just vote winning soundbites.

And as one poster remarked, are the US govenment also doing anything to ensure prosecution of the supplier's by the host governments?

So you guys above think that it is a waste of money catching 80 odd child sex offenders and charging them for it ??

That is a really strange way to think in my opinion and raises questions as to why you would be waving the flag in support of these sex offenders.

So you guys above think that it is a waste of money catching 80 odd child sex offenders and charging them for it ??

That is a really strange way to think in my opinion and raises questions as to why you would be waving the flag in support of these sex offenders.

It's just that 80 odd child sex offenders is only the tip of a very large iceberg.

If they really wanted to do something serious about the problem and not just pay political lip service then they could better spend the money in other areas.

Until then I won't get too excited about such 'initiatives'.

It's just that 80 odd child sex offenders is only the tip of a very large iceberg.

If they really wanted to do something serious about the problem and not just pay political lip service then they could better spend the money in other areas.

So best to let those 80 odd go right on about their business right ??

From that point of view of yours, you would prefer these 80 odd child molesters still be free on the streets practising their hobby.

Why don't you tell us a few ways that you would do it better ??

So best to let those 80 odd go right on about their business right ??

From that point of view of yours, you would prefer these 80 odd child molesters still be free on the streets practising their hobby.

Why don't you tell us a few ways that you would do it better ??

My posts don't say anything of the sort.

I'll tell them how to do it better when they offer me a consultancy fee but it wouldn't give them as many vote winning headlines which is what they realy want.

Edited by PattayaParent

Ridiculous statement,

so when a Country tries to stamp out evil,perpetrated on Children,

then it only brings out the Conspiracy Theorists,who cry it's another Cover up ?

And whats "Hare Brained"about Protecting Innocent Children? from the Mentally ill Sexual Deviants?

Edited by MAJIC

Absolutely Correct!

Money well spent,

and lets have no financial limits, on money spent to find a solution to this evil problem.

Edited by MAJIC

If its a crime in country X for their citizens to go to another country and have sex with a minor, then why should it be an issue that the police in country X investigate and prosecute those crimes?

While it is dangerous to trust implicitly the word of ANY witness, that may have alterior motives, it is surely (therefore) better that a more trusted police force does that investigation. To assume that investigations abroad are more likely to produce erroneous results and innocent peope being branded as monsters, is no more sane than to say no crime should be investigated because innocent people sometimes get acussed. That is why we (people from country X) should beg that our own police investigate - as a way to help ensure justice is served correctly and on the correct target.

Who would not jump for joy, on being accussed in 3rd world country Y (wherever that may be - and there are a lot worse ones than here!) of such a crime, being told that their fellow country men would be investigating and returning them home for trial and, if guilty, sentencing? Guilty or not - trial where you speak the language natively, humain legal system and prisons.

Seems sensible to me.

// typos - got to stop typing with my elbows! //

Edited by wolf5370

Ridiculous statement,

so when a Country tries to stamp out evil,perpetrated on Children,

then it only brings out the Conspiracy Theorists,who cry it's another "Cover up"

And whats "Hare Brained"about Protecting Innocent Children? from the Mentally ill Sexual Abusers of children?

I take it you do not have any children of your own???

Edited by MAJIC

I fully support the concept... not so sure about the execution... some thoughts from me...

I know of a case in Cambodia (in a villiage just outside Siem Reap) where it would seem apparent that a US Citizen (if I remember correctly) has spent many years in a Cambodian Prision accused of assulting two young domestic workers he employed... both girls stated they were pressured into making false alegations by the police, believed to be on the payroll of someone who wanted to buy the US guys land, but he wouldn't sell.... as far as I know he is still locked up... so IMHO better for everyone to have a less easily corrupted body involved...

While I am sure a foreign Gov't expect results for the money invested, NGO's must have headlines to ensure ongoing support... This is not a job that should be trusted to NGO's without oversight, because their goal is as much to be self sufficient as it is to see justice done...

The age of consent is Cambodia is 14 (15, but the day you are born you are 1)... what if some even poorer country decides to make the age 6, does that mean it is OK for monsters to flock to that country, and buy the lives of 6 year olds??? I hold everyone to what I believe is reasonable... regardless of their nationality... if you are a Cambodian man, buying a 14YO girl, you are a monster... If you are an Aussie, you are a monster and I expect my government to do something about it...

By far the majority of the foreign perpetrators in Cambodia are other Asians, whose cultures are more accepting of both prostitution and younger girls that Australia (and I assume UK/US/Canadian and most Eurpopean countries)... but if the NGOs get their funding from the US, they need to show results against US Citizens abroad, Aus NGOs against Australians etc... I have no problem with this, so long as they are not creating evidence and targetting the innocent ...

Sure most molestation is done within the family, without any payment... so is most domestic battery... does that mean we shouldn't arrest and prosecute people who assult others on the street, because most assults happen in the home... ridiculous...

While the may have only touched the tip of the iceberg, they have probably had a huge effect on at least a few real kids, you need to remember that behind the statistics are the real faces of real kids... saved from these monsters...

I agree there are issues with it, even grey areas that are not fair.

But for the 3 odd posters above somewhere to say its an outright waste of money........and then not come up with reasons why and how to do it better are clearly deranged.