Hungry Elephant Goes On Rampage In Naklua

Pattaya_Fox

Our Pattaya City News night journalist was alerted to a hungry elephant that had gone on the rampage in Soi Postisan, Naklua. Inside Soi 10 was a 60 years old elephant who was destroying fences to get to trees and other plants for some much needed nourishment. The elephant master, known in Thai as the Mahoot, is Khun Pong 53, who arrived and quickly brought the animal under control. This particular elephant works at an Elephant Show in North Pattaya and apparently escaped whilst her master was asleep. Although this elephant is not a stray, this case highlights the potential problems with the many stray elephants that can be found in the Pattaya and Jomtien areas. If the elephants suffer from a lack of food they can become aggressive and destructive, and if approached, the animal could kill or seriously injure a person. We have sent pictures to Pattaya City Hall to highlight this potential problem.

Pattaya City News

Saturday 3rd September 2005.

When ever I visit either soi 7 or 8 beach road, I find elephants along with the Thai

men selling elephant feed. Loud music drunken farang men approaching the elephants

from behind. I am always horrified to see farang men paying to feed the elephants.

Really this is an tragedy waiting to happen, It dosent take a genus to predict what will

happen, it is just matter of time.

Any person feeding these elephants in these circumstances is no more than an idiot

and deserves to be crushed to death.......

rocky , the money the falans give to the manhoots is not going to feed the elephants its going in the manhoots pocket , do you realy think you could take a hungry elephant anywhere , trust me if that elephant was hungry you have to feed it first or else its going nowhere , its another scam and a very cruel one at that ,

rocky ,  the money the falans give to the manhoots is not going to feed the elephants its going in the manhoots pocket , do you realy think you could take a hungry elephant anywhere , trust me if that elephant was hungry you have to feed it first or else its going nowhere , its another scam and a very cruel one at that ,

And here's me thinking they survived solely on a diet of small bananas bought by farang

It is also illegal to kill in Thailand, Though many of the Thai girls are killing their

farang boyfriends and getting away with it. In the bigger picture I wouldn’t imagine

elephants would be that much of a problem to the police