Documents Needed For Immigration

Beardog

Does anyone know if Jomtien requires a med certificate for buying a new motorbike. I know it is the residency certificate 3 pictures ins. tax lic & 600 baht but it has been almost 5 years since I bought a new motorcycle. is it only the driving lic. part that the medical is required or the same for the Jomtien boys at immigration.

Thanks

Beardog

Edited by Beardog

You need the medical certificate for a driver's license, not to buy the motorbike. To get the green book for the motorcycle, you will need a residence letter which you get from Immigration (requirements: completed form, copy of passport showing front page and entry stamp, house book or rental contract, 2 passport size pictures, and B200), which you take to the shop where you buy the motorbike (assuming that you are buying it from a shop and not from an individual seller).

You need the medical certificate for a driver's license, not to buy the motorbike. To get the green book for the motorcycle, you will need a residence letter which you get from Immigration (requirements: completed form, copy of passport showing front page and entry stamp, house book or rental contract, 2 passport size pictures, and B200), which you take to the shop where you buy the motorbike (assuming that you are buying it from a shop and not from an individual seller).

DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED TO TITLE USED VEHICLE - THAILAND

SELLER must provide the following:

1. Original Green Book (Title Book)

2. Photocopy ID card w/ added Original Signature (Suggest blue ink)

3. Photocopy Residence Document (Kabian Bahn) w/ added Original Signature (blue)

SELLER must also provide:

Following two Thai govt forms (Thai script) available at Transport Dept. Both forms require sellers signature (suggest blue ink) on appropriate line. As of Mar09 that line is located left side near (but not directly at) bottom. Suggest ask Transport officials to determine exactly what information / lines of both forms must be filled in by seller.

4. Form: KawSawBaw 10 Taw 11 (In English I’d guess: Form KSB 10 T 11)

I think this addresses info identifying seller& item (& perhaps buyer - add info later)

5. Form: No number on form. I’m told it is a form by which seller gives buyer proxy.

Perhaps this form is needed if seller is not present when buyer goes to re-title vehicle.

* Note: When Buyer gives money to Seller: Seller should provide a RECEIPT

BUYER provides Transport Dept the above 5 items plus the following:

1. ID card (Foreigner: Passport, take copy also)

2. Residence Document (Kabian Bahn). Foreigner: Copy Lease, title own condo, etc

3. Foreigner: Two (2) Pictures of buyer (chest up – approx 1.5” x 1.5”)

4.. Letter from IMMIGRATION. Foreigners must take 1-3 to IMMIGRATION first to obtain letter from Immigration authorizing Transport Dept to issue Title.

5. Perhaps?: RECEIPT, DRIVERS LICENSE, (Take both to be safe).

6. Other: ?? Money J,

DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED TO TITLE USED VEHICLE - THAILAND

SELLER must provide the following:

1. Original Green Book (Title Book)

2. Photocopy ID card w/ added Original Signature (Suggest blue ink)

3. Photocopy Residence Document (Kabian Bahn) w/ added Original Signature (blue)

SELLER must also provide:

Following two Thai govt forms (Thai script) available at Transport Dept. Both forms require sellers signature (suggest blue ink) on appropriate line. As of Mar09 that line is located left side near (but not directly at) bottom. Suggest ask Transport officials to determine exactly what information / lines of both forms must be filled in by seller.

4. Form: KawSawBaw 10 Taw 11 (In English I’d guess: Form KSB 10 T 11)

I think this addresses info identifying seller& item (& perhaps buyer - add info later)

5. Form: No number on form. I’m told it is a form by which seller gives buyer proxy.

Perhaps this form is needed if seller is not present when buyer goes to re-title vehicle.

* Note: When Buyer gives money to Seller: Seller should provide a RECEIPT

BUYER provides Transport Dept the above 5 items plus the following:

1. ID card (Foreigner: Passport, take copy also)

2. Residence Document (Kabian Bahn). Foreigner: Copy Lease, title own condo, etc

3. Foreigner: Two (2) Pictures of buyer (chest up – approx 1.5” x 1.5”)

4.. Letter from IMMIGRATION. Foreigners must take 1-3 to IMMIGRATION first to obtain letter from Immigration authorizing Transport Dept to issue Title.

5. Perhaps?: RECEIPT, DRIVERS LICENSE, (Take both to be safe).

6. Other: ?? Money J,

Thanks for the reply

So after the dealer gives me the paperwork go to the immigration & do the residence then I will have to go back to the motor vehicle dept.to get the paperwork rollin?

I vaguely remember that part.I appreciate the response. I had already forgotten the copies of the passport.

Thanks for the reply

So after the dealer gives me the paperwork go to the immigration & do the residence then I will have to go back to the motor vehicle dept.to get the paperwork rollin?

I vaguely remember that part.I appreciate the response. I had already forgotten the copies of the passport.

You don't need any "paperwork" from the dealer to go to (or to take to) immigration. Just go to immigration with your passport (and a copy as noted above), house book/rental contract, and pictures -- you can do this before or after you have purchased the motorbike (I usually do it after), get the residence letter, and take it to the dealer. The dealer will process the green book and have it for you (with the white plate to exchange for the red one) in about 1 month. I guess that you can get the green book and plate yourself, as you are suggesting, but it is pretty standard to have the dealer do this for a buyer, especially if the bike is new. The dealer has always done it for me. If you were buying from a private party, the process would be as you describe.

Thanks for the reply

You don't need any "paperwork" from the dealer to go to (or to take to) immigration. Just go to immigration with your passport (and a copy as noted above), house book/rental contract, and pictures -- you can do this before or after you have purchased the motorbike (I usually do it after), get the residence letter, and take it to the dealer. The dealer will process the green book and have it for you (with the white plate to exchange for the red one) in about 1 month. I guess that you can get the green book and plate yourself, as you are suggesting, but it is pretty standard to have the dealer do this for a buyer, especially if the bike is new. The dealer has always done it for me. If you were buying from a private party, the process would be as you describe.

Thanks TL. I think the bike is in today.Now remember My shop took care of the of the paperwork on the last bikes. The first bike I went to the motor vehicles dept because I needed my License also. Thanks again, All questions answered. Thanks to all for info! I will save for later when it is time to turn for a later date.

Barry