Soi Dogs Take Over

jaywalker

A soi dog bit me the other day.....I should say he nipped me as he didn't break the skin.

I immediately got aggressive towards the dog & he backed down.

Now get this. I was at the communal swimming pool & it was the pool owner's dog. How stupid is that?

Trying to run a business & you have a dog that bites your customers.

That dog deserves to die..........Sorry, but it's the truth.

I did NOTHING to that dog, and he bit me.

I told the lady and she just walks me around the dog. The dog respects her & she just takes a broom & yells at the mutt.

If I were her, I would catch that dog asleep and bash his brains in.

She is NOT getting any more business from me as long as she has that dog.

Edited by jaywalker

I dont like dogs. Dirty, stupid, noisy, dangerous, disease-ridden ceatures that crap everywhere and stand in the middle of the road. I see no point to them at all. Dog owners are rarely any better. Both should be humanely destroyed, or castrated to prevent them breeding.

I dont like dogs. Dirty, stupid, noisy, dangerous, disease-ridden ceatures that crap everywhere and stand in the middle of the road. I see no point to them at all. Dog owners are rarely any better. Both should be humanely destroyed, or castrated to prevent them breeding.

Barking like a nefarious "SOI DORK":)

Had a dog like that in my moobaan awhile back...would chase me and try to bite me every time I rode in on my bike...one time even knocked the bike over trying to avoid him. Well, one nite I made him up a nice meal of some canned food mixed with a wafarin chaser...never saw that f#cking mutt again :whistling:

That dog deserves to die..........Sorry, but it's the truth

It seems that both the OP and the dog have mutual feeling, but the dog is doing something about it, now the dog may be wonder if the OP got what it takes, grrrrrrrrrr bring it on :lol:

Edited by a51mas

It seems that both the OP and the dog have mutual feeling, but the dog is doing something about it, now the dog may be wonder if the OP got what it takes, grrrrrrrrrr bring it on :lol:

I like your sense of humour...:D

Had a dog like that in my moobaan awhile back...would chase me and try to bite me every time I rode in on my bike...one time even knocked the bike over trying to avoid him. Well, one nite I made him up a nice meal of some canned food mixed with a wafarin chaser...never saw that f#cking mutt again :whistling:

Good effort!!!

Well said Darrel my sentiments exactly!!

I don't really care for dogs one way or another... some I take a liking to more than others (i.e. the quiet ones that don't bark at, persistently sniff and nip at every arriving guest)...

Soi dogs are downright dangerous because when they are in packs they become aggressive. I was caught out once on a quiet street and would have been chewed apart had a friend not made a very timely arrival given me a ride out of the soi.

There is a dog at the temple near my apartment - it barks endlessly all day disturbing 100's of people. Neither the owners nor the Thai's working at the temple do anything about it. It's almost as if this noise doesn't register (then again silence and peace and quiet are not exactly valued in Thailand).

All of these issues are not the dogs fault. The dog knows no better and has a lower state of consciousness than us humans (most of us anyway). The authorities should cull or spay soi dogs thus preventing their resurgence. I agree that this is cruel but believe the alternative of lots of soi dogs running amok in the streets, starving, fighting for food, spreading disease, becoming a danger to humans etc is more cruel - So I mention the spaying or culling aspect as a solution towards a greater good of preventing further cruelty.

Owners should be responsible for their dogs. Whenever there is an incident involving a dog its because the dog is not adequately looked after and controlled - Owners are to blame.

Edited by richard_smith237

To poison any animal is wicked and cruel, it takes them hours to die. You should have bought the owner a 75 Baht muzzle and got the owner to put it on it,there are loads of dogs running around with them on,no problems.

If we ever meet up I'll make sure you eat a sample of the above.

To poison any animal is wicked and cruel, it takes them hours to die. You should have bought the owner a 75 Baht muzzle and got the owner to put it on it,there are loads of dogs running around with them on,no problems.

If we ever meet up I'll make sure you eat a sample of the above.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amazing! Just like falangs.

i bet you are real proud of yourself

i hope that act comes right back at you

i can see you are real proud of yourself

i hope that cruel and cowardly act comes right back at you

DSC05951.jpg

Edited by timekeeper

he hasn't got, he says if it were his dog he would knock its brains out whilst its asleep

what a man!

i have had lots of friends and lots of dogs

dogs are more loyal and reliable

That is surely true.

However, I doubt that many of your friends would crap on your doorstep or bite your neighbour.

Personally I will go for the sanitary, non-biting 2-legged friend, even if he isnt particularly loyal.

To poison any animal is wicked and cruel, it takes them hours to die. You should have bought the owner a 75 Baht muzzle

I'm inclined to agree about the poisoning being cruel but in a country where both dog owners and the local authorities do nothing to solve the problem there often isnt any real alternative. It may just be the lesser of the various evils. Certainly for the wild dogs I wouldnt care to try to put a muzzle on them and I doubt anyone else would either.

Edited by Darrel

i have had lots of friends and lots of dogs

dogs are more loyal and reliable

That is surely true.

However, I doubt that many of your friends would crap on your doorstep or bite your neighbour.

Personally I will go for the sanitary, non-biting 2-legged friend, even if he isnt particularly loyal.

maybe not but i would....

I don't really care for dogs one way or another... some I take a liking to more than others (i.e. the quiet ones that don't bark at, persistently sniff and nip at every arriving guest)...

Soi dogs are downright dangerous because when they are in packs they become aggressive. I was caught out once on a quiet street and would have been chewed apart had a friend not made a very timely arrival given me a ride out of the soi.

There is a dog at the temple near my apartment - it barks endlessly all day disturbing 100's of people. Neither the owners nor the Thai's working at the temple do anything about it. It's almost as if this noise doesn't register (then again silence and peace and quiet are not exactly valued in Thailand).

All of these issues are not the dogs fault. The dog knows no better and has a lower state of consciousness than us humans (most of us anyway). The authorities should cull or spay soi dogs thus preventing their resurgence. I agree that this is cruel but believe the alternative of lots of soi dogs running amok in the streets, starving, fighting for food, spreading disease, becoming a danger to humans etc is more cruel - So I mention the spaying or culling aspect as a solution towards a greater good of preventing further cruelty.

Owners should be responsible for their dogs. Whenever there is an incident involving a dog its because the dog is not adequately looked after and controlled - Owners are to blame.

That is correct, unfortunately many dog owners are stupid and unable to control their curs, hence the problems we have with dogs.