Sportsman Pub

bazmlb

I went to the Sportsman Pub tonight for dinner and must say I was impressed, the food is great and at a good price, I had the lamb moussaka with eggplant with melted cheese on top and my wife had the Poached Salmon, both were good sized servings and delicious, The Sportsman is located in Soi 13 between beach rd and 2nd rd its a very nice place for a meal.

Sportsman Pub

4 of us ate at the sportsman a few years ago, 3 of us had the burger, and were sick as dogs for 2 days, bad batch of hamburger i suppose, never been back, scared.

Caddy shack opposite eden hotel has the best breakfast in town. Gregs has the best BIG breakfast in town, everything has been good there for years.

Edited by alstaxi

Yeah, I usually eat at the Sportsman when I am in town but though the food is generally good I have had some very second rate meals there. I am not keen on these BIG breakfasts as they just fill me out too much and make me lethargic for the rest of the day. The Sportman's 101 breakfast is just right for me and, as I always stay in that vicinity, it is convenient though, as daveyravey says, it's not cheap.

The Sportsman used to have a good range of great sandwiches but last time I was there, early Dec, they had cut the variety back knocking two of my favourites, ham 'n' mustard and roast beef, off the menu.

But all in all a good place for western style grub.

I've had breakfast in Crazy Dave's and despite some negative opinions here on TV I thought the food was good value and a good plate of scran.

I find the food at the Sportsman pretty good, but as far as I am concerned the portions are usually too large for my appetite. I would visit far more frequently if more smaller meals were available at half or 2/3rds of the price.

I find the food at the Sportsman pretty good, but as far as I am concerned the portions are usually too large for my appetite. I would visit far more frequently if more smaller meals were available at half or 2/3rds of the price.

That's a problem at a lot of the pub grub places, and especially for the missus who like Farang food but can't eat a whole serving.

I think the Sportsman is overpriced, overrated and too noisy inside to enjoy a quiet meal.

I do however, like their fresh bean coffee.

Just up the road is the Haven. A much better choice of restaurant in my opinion. Nice meals, great apple pie, and breakfast is also quite good.

But with a bit of a walk down to Soi Buakhow, much better breakfast value at a few of the eateries.

Last time I was in the Sportsman was about 3 years ago.

From what I remember the food was great.

Is Greg's kitchen stil open, across the road from Soi6 on Second Road ?

Also, great food.

Greg's Kitchen is still open. He remodeld the front sitting area and it's quite nice in my opinion. Everything I've eaten at Greg's has been outstanding.

It's a bit overpriced for me, but I'm on a budget and holding US dollars, so everything is expensive for me at the moment.:(

I am always wary of relative newbies who bash a place, having already been stung once by a disgruntled ex employee who signed on solely to bash their former employer. We also get, surprise surprise, competitors who come on as well.

Given that and the rules regarding defamation and sponsor bashing, posts have been deleted.