The Un-official Cheapie Beer Tasting

Firefan

Had a few friends over and we tried to do an unpartial beer tasting of the cheapie beers (at or below B 20/can in Tesco/lotus) we could find:

Archa, Red Horse, Thai Beer, Chang, Leo

1. Chang and Red Horse. (so we need to do another test between the 2! :o )

2. Leo

3. Beer Thai (dislike of after taste from some. Seems a bit flat)

4. Archa (almost all had a dislike of the after taste ("can-like") and seems bit flat)

On a side note you can currently in Spot supermarkets get buy 3 get 4 Blue Ice lowering the price per can to B 19. Not a bad deal.

Cheers!

Had a few friends over and we tried to do an unpartial beer tasting of the cheapie beers (at or below B 20/can in Tesco/lotus) we could find:

1. Chang and Red Horse. (so we need to do another test between the 2!  :o )

2. Leo

4. Archa (almost all had a dislike of the after taste ("can-like") and seems bit flat)

On a side note you can currently in Spot supermarkets get buy 3 get 4 Blue Ice lowering the price per can to B 19. Not a bad deal.

Cheers!

Why didn't you include Blue Ice beer in the taste contest? I think it's crap!

Blue Ice normal price is B 25-26 so then we would also have to include Tiger, Asahi, Singha and several others - so we stayed with the Cheapies (at standard price) - we can not always expect a discount price unfortunately.

I agree on the can issue - but they ARE so much more handy! We DID poor the beer into glasses prior the test though.

Cheers!

Edited by Firefan

Why not drink from bottles instaed of cans? Beer tastes so much better from a glass bottle.

Bunch a phsycological mumbo-jumbo there, Jock ole mate; I'll have beer any way it comes as long as it's got beer in it :D :D I'd rather drink from a can in these bars, at least you know they have no way of doctoring it then. Had a few spikings down south in the past and I know a bar that does it in CM :D:D:o

2. Leo

Cheers!

I wonder if the results would have been the same if all the beers where on tap??

I think Thai Beer (other than the fact that it seems like some cans have waaaay more alcohol than others) tastes a bit like Budweizer (High-class redneck American beer). Bud on tap at the brewery is pretty darn good. But, it seems to loose some quality when transferred.

2. Leo

Cheers!

I wonder if the results would have been the same if all the beers where on tap??

I think Thai Beer (other than the fact that it seems like some cans have waaaay more alcohol than others) tastes a bit like Budweizer (High-class redneck American beer). Bud on tap at the brewery is pretty darn good. But, it seems to loose some quality when transferred.

i have done a lifes work on this subject

some beers are better from a can some from bottle some draught

quick quiz what is the diff between a larger and an ale (all beers fall into these two groups)????

quick quiz what is the diff between a larger and an ale (all beers fall into these two groups)????

:o

Ale is made with top fermenting yeast, while lager is made from bottom fermenting yeast.

Stouts and Bitters are also made from the top fermenting yeast.

I myself love me some bottom fermenting yeasts. :D

Ale is made with top fermenting yeast, while lager is made from bottom fermenting yeast.

larger is chemicaly brewed ale is brewed naturally

Both yeasts ferment throughout, but the surplus yeast collects on the top in ale and beer whereas it sinks in lager. Lager also ferments cooler. Beer has more hops than ale. They all make you fart, but perhaps beer more so than lager. No-one says "two pints of ale and a packet of crisps please".