Keeping A Uk Address

oldgent

Bit of a tricky one.

The Royal Mail has many Services for Mail Redirection,

Including this link for Expat Mail Redirection.

Click on UK MAIL option,

it looks interesting as its Computer linked access to your Virtual Mail Box,so no waiting weeks for Delivery by Snail Mail.They scan in your Mail,ready for you to view.

http://www.expatfind...forwarding.html

Or perhaps you could get a Mail Box in Thailand,linked to your previous address,for forwarding by Royal Mail.

Suggest you have a look at their other alternatives,on many other Royal Mail websites.

Let me know if you get any joy?

Edited by MAJIC

The Royal Mail re-direction is a good service and it would allow you to use your old UK address for a bit however, i believe they have a time limit on how long they will maintain the redirection for.There are plenty of mail box services available and probably your best bet is rent one of those, eg Mail Boxes Etc have a few locations in London that i know of. You get an address that you can use and they will keep or forward mail sign for credit cards etc. Also some clubs will offer a mailbox service to their members for a nominal charge.

Edited by wordchild

magic.

re ... They scan in your Mail,ready for you to view.

im not sure if ive got this right .

these people get and open your new credit cards / mail ... scan them and a few days later open and scan your new pin number ?

then e mail it to you .....not a good idea : (

but i might be wrong

dave2

royal mail redirection service for international post is 110 pounds for one years service

it can officially renewed twice (two years)

i have heard of some people getting 3 -4 years out of it by pleading a solid case to the postmaster 2-3 months before it expires

after that you are on your own......

magic.

re ... They scan in your Mail,ready for you to view.

im not sure if ive got this right .

these people get and open your new credit cards / mail ... scan them and a few days later open and scan your new pin number ?

then e mail it to you .....not a good idea : (

but i might be wrong

dave2

Yes that is what they do,

assuming they are a Trustworthy,Established Company,then no problem.

But like you,I would have reservations until I knew a bit more,concerning the Security aspect?