What Is My Best Option

I am married to Thai woman and we live in the UK , We are thinking of living in LOS in about 6 months time. We have a business in UK which we want to keep running, so as to give us an income whilst living there. What sort of visa would I require and what are the tax implications ie do I carry on paying tax in the UK and would I also have to pay tax there. also do i need any permits etc?? I am new to this so please be as helpful and understanding as you can. ps we are both self employed.

A Non Imm O Multi Entry Visa would give you up to 15 months stay but would need a border run every 90 days.

Once in Thailand you can apply for 12 month extensions based on having a Thai Wife.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

I would have thought that as your business is in the UK you would pay tax in UK.

A Non Imm O Multi Entry Visa would give you up to 15 months stay but would need a border run every 90 days.

Once in Thailand you can apply for 12 month extensions based on having a Thai Wife.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

I would have thought that as your business is in the UK you would pay tax in UK.

If I were to have said income of 40,000thb per month, would proof of that by way of showing money totalling or exceeding that being paid in to bank account in Uk be sufficient or would I need to show a years accounts averaging 40,000 perv month

From British Embassy.

Proof of Income Letters

British nationals applying for a visa, or an extension of a visa, with the Thai Immigration Bureau may be asked to obtain a letter from us verifying their income. To obtain the letter you must be registered with us. We will also need to see a copy of your passport and, either bank statements for the previous 3 months, or the original evidence of your pension or income. We charge a fee of THB 2,315 for the letter. You can also apply for a proof of income letter by post. To apply by post you must ensure that the above documentation is included and that the total amount of pension or income you receive is clearly stated. You can only pay in the following ways;

Banker's Draft, plus THB 200 administration fee;

Postal orders payable to 'British Embassy' to be cashed at Nana Post Office, Bangkok 10110 (Please note that online postal orders are not accepted.

Return of the letter by EMS, if you apply in person or by post, costs an additional THB 100.

do I have to have 400,000 in thai bank before I apply for non imm o (if so how do I do so from UK) or can I do so once I arrive ???