Urgent: Blood Type O Negative Needed In Bangkok

george

I cannot believe that no one has made the effort to search Google with:

"blood donor" bangkok "rhesus negative"

Top of the list is http://www.bambi-bangkok.org/blood.php.

I had to read four submission pages before I could establish that this information has not already been submitted!

I posted this information on TV myself a month ago - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41113

As I understand it, the Red Cross and major hospitals all know about this register of donors and will check it first if they need Rh-Neg blood. The trouble is, it isn't well known to expat residents.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe that no one has made the effort to search Google with:

"blood donor" bangkok "rhesus negative"

Top of the list is http://www.bambi-bangkok.org/blood.php.

I had to read four submission pages before I could establish that this information has not already been submitted!

I posted this information on TV myself a month ago - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=41113

As I understand it, the Red Cross and major hospitals all know about this register of donors and will check it first if they need Rh-Neg blood. The trouble is, it isn't well known to expat residents.

The hospitals and TH Red Cross know about that register, they however 'forget' they know because the falang does not know about it, so they do not bother? Yep no surprise: mai pen rai.

I distinctly remember two or three days after the 2004 Tsunami the TH Red Cross publically said they did not want to release their blood reserves because they needed them for their drinking and driving Thai fools expected to get involved in traffic accidents during that holiday season !! No joke. So they started begging for blood donations from the falang to help the tsunami victim falang. You know what all this is: two counts of XENOPHOBIA. You ain't seen nothing yet dogs. :o

I distinctly remember two or three days after the 2004 Tsunami the TH Red Cross publically said they did not want to release their blood reserves because they needed them for their drinking and driving Thai fools expected to get involved in traffic accidents during that holiday season !! No joke. So they started begging for blood donations from the falang to help the tsunami victim falang. You know what all this is: two counts of XENOPHOBIA. You ain't seen nothing yet dogs.  :o

What actually happened was the Red Cross encouraged everyone to come out and donate blood for the tsunami victims because they knew their existing stock would be used up at New Year. The public responded so well that they were easily able to collect enough Rh+ blood.

But since many tsunami victims were foreigners with the Rh- blood that is rare in Thais, they had to put out a special call for Rh- blood from non-Thais. Nothing strange in that and nothing to do with xenophobia.

Urgent: Blood type O negative needed in Bangkok

A good and long time friend John Clarke is desperate in need of blood

type" O negative", he is in ICU at Samitivej Hospital at Sukhumvit soi 49,

please call or SMS his wife K. Gai 01 535 1700 if you can help.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by ChickenTonight

Urgent request for more blood type O negative

From member thai-aust:

Please relay my urgent message for kid who need blood type O negative.

You might be aware that last Friday, there were 4 school children stabbed

outside Saint Joseph school. One of them needs blood urgently. This forum

used to find donation for that blood type just last week. Now we need that

again.

Anyone wants to help, they may contact BNH hospital (sorry, I don't know the

full name) on 02-6320505 , 02-6320550 , 02-6321000 .

Thanks

thai-aust

hello ppl.

as mentioned earlier in this thread we are making a new database of potential blood donors and reciepent.

ive had to much to do last week so couldnt work on the site much, however, please start listing yourself at http://bloodbank.thaivisa.com/default.asp?action=AddDonor

this data would be listed once the actual site is ready.

your privacy is guranteed.

all the visitors to the site would see is your nickname, age(only a rough idea like 20 to 25 years, etc) and your blood type.

they would be able to send you emails/sms thru the site without knowing your email address or mobile number.

it is upto you to contact them back.