What Do I Need To Register A .Co.Th Domain?

HalfSquat

Hello,

I've been looking into how to go about registering a Thai domain name - .co.th - but I'm not quite sure if it is possible.

Different sites seem to say different things.

Do I need to have a business already setup? It is just for a hobby site I am making but I want the co.th domain as the site will be for people searching in Thailand.

If I can't get a .co.th but I want my site to show up in the Thai Google for people in Thailand searching for the topic of my site how should I do that?

The site will be in English aimed at people in Thailand.

Thanks.

Forget .co.th, many good alternatives.

.com.,.net.org,.info..co etc.

The content and seo will determine whether or not people find your site although you can use Google Adwords initially to point people to it but a little costly.

I can rank a .co.uk website in google.com for people searching in the UK and I can rank a .com website in google.com for people searching in the US.

Not too sure what advantages the .co.th would give me for ranking in Thailand. Will have a look at the GWMT, thanks!

another thread with bad information.

for a.co.th you need a co. ltd and cannot be a ltd partnership. If you want a .in.th you need to be a thai national or a falang with work permit.

I take it the work permit has to be related to the name of the domain?

You need to be a registered commercial entity in Thailand basically, i.e. a Limited Company for example and you will have to supply all the registration documents to them for checking before they will accept it.

https://www.thnic.co.th/index.php?page=policy

.co.th

Domain for commercial entities and business entities.

Applicants for domain names under this category must be commercial entities which are either registered within Thailand. A foreign company which is not so registered may only apply for such a domain name if it has a representative in Thailand and this local representative must itself be registered within Thailand and be authorised by the foreign company to apply for the registration of the domain name.